Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mod: LF2 Timelapse (open source)
I suddenly have an idea:

original LF2 characters with some new skills,simple AIs(maybe just not letting them pick up weapons),and some extra characters based on authors that have joined in the mod.

And then we can create a story between new characters,and new music,new stages.
Sauce,No.1 player in China.
I don't need any fame,because I know who I am.
Thanks given by: JCostal
As new AI scripts,I decide to make it like this:

EXE:

AI would not attracted by weapons other than milk and beer.

Minions:

Add basic close combat and some ways to using skills,won't use dash jump attack until it's CRAZY!

Fighters:

Add basic close combat,and some ways to using skills,some countermeasures,won't use dash jump attack until it's Diffcult or CRAZY!

Boss and Custom Characters:

Customize a special AI for it,it will be much more difficult to defeated.

Tip: these AIs will be done by myself.

Except AIs, I can make some extra skills, the design of stage, adding my own characters and translating mod into Chinese,etc.
Thanks given by: Memento
Here is short video for woody's possible combo with some existing mods !!!

I guess you guys might like it  :)

Have a Good Day !!!
Stuff you might like (Click to View)
(07-29-2020, 08:59 AM)酱油君~ Wrote:  As new AI scripts,I decide to make it like this:

EXE:

Minions:

Add basic close combat and some ways to using skills,won't use dash jump attack until it's CRAZY!

Fighters:

Add basic close combat,and some ways to using skills,some countermeasures,won't use dash jump attack until it's Diffcult or CRAZY!

Except AIs, I can make some extra skills, the design of stage, adding my own characters and translating mod into Chinese,etc.

This sounds amazing! I hope you can pull it off ;)

By what name can I call you?

And how would you let Woody's AI use DJA?

---

As some people are starting to work on this project now, we need some more clarity on what can go in and how it is decided.
> I'm thinking that perhaps we should start off with creating a "project management group". Sounds very serious, and much like an actual team, but it simply means you get to vote on what goes in (you don't have to create content for the mod if you don't want to).

A maximum of 10 (active) people are allowed in, for the sake of easier decision-making.  Please reply to this post if you want to help :)

∆ Respected LFE members who have interest in creating a project that is meant to actually improve the original game (we may succeed, we may not, but we should aim for it).
∆ Respected/High level content creators (sprites, data, etc)
∆ High level LF2 battlers (your opinion is perhaps the most important one there is for the gameplay)

Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
(07-29-2020, 07:36 PM)Memento Wrote:  
(07-29-2020, 08:59 AM)酱油君~ Wrote:  As new AI scripts,I decide to make it like this:

EXE:

Minions:

Fighters:

This sounds amazing! I hope you can pull it off ;)

By what name can I call you?

And how would you let Woody's AI use DJA?

---

As some people are starting to work on this project now, we need some more clarity on what can go in and how it is decided.
> I'm thinking that perhaps we should start off with creating a "project management group". Sounds very serious, and much like an actual team, but it simply means you get to vote on what goes in (you don't have to create content for the mod if you don't want to).

A maximum of 10 (active) people are allowed in, for the sake of easier decision-making.  Please reply to this post if you want to help :)

∆ Respected LFE members who have interest in creating a project that is meant to actually improve the original game (we may succeed, we may not, but we should aim for it).
∆ Respected/High level content creators (sprites, data, etc)
∆ High level LF2 battlers (your opinion is perhaps the most important one there is for the gameplay)
Just call me Sauce,don't worry about how I setting AIs,I have played almost 20 years and I know exactly when it should use.

and then the basic AI is finished,when I tested it I feel like watching two new hands fighting,haha.

Count me in group,I have battle experience,some good sprites,data,and plenty more.

Besides,my own character is almost done,it's a boss level character and I should add it into story...
Thanks, you're in Sauce! :D I think we can create a great gameplay together (as we both have about the same level of battling experience and more)!

Do you have a sprite example of the new character?

Who else wants to be in the decicion making group?

(07-23-2020, 12:02 AM)jcostalaguiar Wrote:  Excelent idea.
Finally! LF2 really deserves an update with all the rich contribution from members.
But the biggest obstacle with big scale fan-projects is time.

An open debate about improvements to the game by itself already pleases me so much.
I have created a seperate topic for discussing improvement of the original game. Link: https://lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.ph...#pid208746
Original character edits
Goku2021

Here's my new character:

Knightmare:
It's a very strong character!So I'm going to put it in stage mode as a boss and cannot be selected.

The ghost of a dead knight, and now he RETURNS FROM HELL!
Thanks given by: A-Man , JCostal
The character looks like fun, but for this mod I don't want to add recolored sprites and data shouldn't create too much chaos in the game (constantly spawning objects)

I hope you agree
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
(08-02-2020, 07:11 AM)Memento Wrote:  The character looks like fun, but for this mod I don't want to add recolored sprites and data shouldn't create too much chaos in the game (constantly spawning objects)

I hope you agree

Of course,the main reason is that I can't draw sprites by myself,So if there's a character I want to make, I can only make it by recoloring the known character,unless someone can make a sprites for me.Anyway I can understand.Deleting flames on the ground can be considered.
Here's some sprites from a mod, that I think could be used for this mod.
Useful sprites from LF2 2.4 2.0

I need your opinions :) On the subject: new general moves & inputs

(1) Should we add a new input [defend + attack] to most/all characters, to counter from the 'defend hit' frames? [yes/no]

The effectiveness and kind of countermove depends on the character, and we're aiming to maintain game balance.

(2) Should we make use of a hit_a tags with special moves, i.e. Henry's D>A, to allow some characters for a slower but stronger version of a move? [yes/no]

Original character edits
Goku2021