Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Character: Goku 2021 (normal, SSJ1, SSJ2)
Remember Goku and SSJ Goku from 2014? Well, here's the thing. Ever since releasing the character, I still wanted to make improvements to him. Now is the perfect time: easier data changing (already fixed quite some itr and bdy values in the data), more possibilities for AI and making improvements to some aspects of the character.

I'm going to be releasing this character with 3 forms:
- Normal
- Super Saiyan (SSJ/SSJ1)
- Super Saiyan2 (SSJ2)

Normal
In this form, Goku will be about as strong as the regular LF2 characters. In his movesets, I'm going to change his spirit bomb mainly: have his MP decrease while floating up in the air to charge, while being hurtable, instead of just standing and throwing it. As for the effect of the attack itself: the center of the move should be doing way more damage, so I should edit the itr values here mainly.

Super Saiyan
In the 2014 version, Goku packs an incredible punch after transforming into a Super Saiyan. With this update, Super Saiyan form will be a little bit weaker. I'm probably taking about some moves: DvJ+A (high jump + kamehameha to the ground), D>J+A (powered-up kamehameha) and D^A+A (kick - punch - upward kamehameha).
His regular kamehameha will be made a little bit slower and more MP consuming, because I find his kamehameha spam quite annoying (and he can still use instant transmission kamehameha to compensate for the decrease in speed). I'm going to take out the kick - punch - upward kamehameha combo (D^A) and replace it with another melee skill (maybe something evasive).

Super Saiyan2 (might not do this, or make another form instead. We'll see
Editing the sprites to make them suitable for SSJ2 won't be that difficult, so it's worth it. SSJ2 Goku gets the powered-up kamehameha attack from 2014 SSJ Goku as his regular D>J. His fighting style will be quick and flashy, even moreso that SSJ1 Goku. The DvJ+A move from 2014 SSJ Goku (jump+kamehameha to ground) will be used for SSJ2 instead of SSJ1, I felt this move was too strong for SSJ1. But it suits SSJ2 just fine!

Let me know if you have any specific ideas, suggestions or simply want to comment.

PS I'm going to work on this, but there's also LF2 timelapse and the wizard character I'm planning to make for it soon ^_^ I expect a release as early as 2021, so I'll just call this project Goku2021.

Check back soon!
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: FerZ
I say put the blow of brus lee that appears against freezer gold xD ... it's an idea for an attack haha
Thanks given by:
How's this for a melee combo? Not entirely sure about mainly the flip kick. Maybe I'll not use the first row of this picture.

[Image: QLEkkbF.png]

Edit: I'll probably not use the 'moving' punch sprites either ^ They don't look too good.

Edit 13-09-2020: [Image: J2sg6vX.png] SSJ2

Edit 18-09-2020: I have been working on normal form Goku for a bit. Here's what I've done:
- DvA combo: increased MP cost for kamehameha to ground
- Changed the super punch combo, added 1 move (energy push)
- New jump attack
- Press jump in the defense being hit - frame (111) to dash back and dodge incoming small attacks such as punches
- Higher MP cost for DvJ spirit bomb
- Added a minor chasing effect to his D>A ki blasts
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: Silverthorn
Here's an update on the spirit bomb:
[Image: zxBVEGa.gif]

New DuJ (right now it can be cancelld after the first kick by pressing defend... not sure about this. Makes timing for DuJ + DuA harder.
[Image: i3VqxU3.gif]

Instant transmission is now performed from the jump frames instead, works fine imo :)

And some basic move updates:
[Image: Ql8Mi1q.gif]

Feedback, suggestions (and of course some love) are welcome :D

About the strength of each version of Goku... I said something about normal form Goku being similar in strength to the heroes, but he's going to be stronger anyway... Because GOOD with him, will require some skill however :)
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: kane
I don't quite get Goku flying up when he release spirit bomb. Maybe He could start while in air and release it from there or start while standing on the ground and release while being still on ground?
Thanks given by: FerZ , Memento
For me that would be better ... apart from that, speaking of the character, do you just want to improve it or do you plan to do it as a pack of goku?
Thanks given by: Memento
Work in progress... will update this post in the coming weeks (maybe months).

Ki blasts (D>A+A) and Kamehameha
[Image: urWTM5k.gif]

Flip kick (D^A)
[Image: 0PjGCvw.gif]

Melee combination (DvA) | Extended melee combination (DvA+A) | Meteor combination DvA+A+D>J
[Image: tJlBPz8.gif]

Instant transmission (D^J) | Instant transmission attack (D^J+J)
[Image: giMrioB.gif]

Spirit bomb big (level 2)
[Image: z7vVF7l.gif]

NEW: Spirit bomb small (level 1), +gameplay

Spirit bomb can now be launched at two levels (level 1 and level 2) + gameplay
[Image: 7p6Zq2Bh.gif]
Click the link to view the animation: https://imgur.com/7p6Zq2B
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: MoragWan
I feel motivated to do some stuff, but I have other priorities now.
I will (have to) invest my time in more important things than this project.

The project will be delayed for unknown time.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
It's not finished, but this edited version of normal Goku is playable.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WW03QDc...sp=sharing

I made some changes to
- his Kamehameha;
- Spirit bomb (press DvJ+A for a big one)
- Defensive skills (press Jump while defending to dash back)
- Instant transmission (press D^J+J to do another IT and come in with an instant kick)
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: Mesujin
what is his data id? I would like to put him in lf2 file plz
Thanks given by: