Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Character: Sidera (collab with JoHo15)
Introduction
cosmic cultist tako, totally not insipred by bloodborne, and by extension, lovecraft
naming based on the word "sidereal", or its latin origin "sideralis", meaning "in relation to or in respect of the stars"
other name suggestions welcomed tho

Description
a char who utilizes tentacle attacks and cosmic space magic, plan to have a background override ult move. bg override will be replaced with a diff move when bg in play, and her other skills will gain some extra secondary attacks/properties

Progress
progress is slow coz both joho and i are busy with irl stuffs
i've been handling most of the spriting with my free time but sadly i have the spriting speed of a chicken nugget

test version available that has basic actions and normal attacks done, also comes with an AI that can utilize her range and have difficulty checks. feedbacks welcomed.
DOWNLOAD LINK v0.5 test
note that the grab attack is lacking a blood effect when she stabs her tongue for visuals, also no healing yet.
reason is coz im dont feel like uploading an extra data file with just a visual effect and minor heal.

placeholder face pic
[Image: unknown.png]

movements and stuffs
defend, flips, injury and falling (Click to View)
weap stuffs (Click to View)

basic attacks
punch and superpunch (Click to View)
run attack (Click to View)
jump attack (Click to View)
dash attack (Click to View)
grab attack and throw (Click to View)

special attacks
D>J laser (Click to View)

Credits
-JoHo15 for design, sprites and face pic
-STM1993 for in depth balancing discussions
-ppl from the lfe and chinese discord for giving feedback and suggestions
back from the dead.....kinda
char will prolly be named Sidera
first post updated with progress gifs, will release an early test without special moves once grab and grab attack are added

gif of what can happen if u get lucky with her jump attack against big groups (Click to View)

bonus misc stuffs (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Dinothundah , LutiChris
cant wait to play as him/her. I wonder how long does it take to create character like Sidera, Jason, Nya and other fanmade characters if i may ask.
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2022, 06:57 AM)Dinothundah Wrote:  cant wait to play as him/her. I wonder how long does it take to create character like Sidera, Jason, Nya and other fanmade characters if i may ask.

Cant say, coz irl stuffs can get in the way. Progress should be pretty fast if sprites are ready and i only havta handle data/ai, but thats not the case coz joho's too busy, so im handling most of the spriting too atm. And like i said in first post, i have the spriting speed of a chicken nugget.
Thanks given by: Dinothundah
tnx for reply. What application do you use to create characters. like their data, attacks, hitbox range, sprite etc, genuine original characters like jason, sidera, nya, kaktena etc
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2022, 03:47 AM)Dinothundah Wrote:  tnx for reply. What application do you use to create characters. like their data, attacks, hitbox range, sprite etc, genuine original characters like jason, sidera, nya, kaktena etc

Iirc joho uses clip studio pain for spriting.

As for me, im using an old version of photofiltre for spriting, both due to it being good for basic stuffs and that it didnt have layers. Reason for that is coz my lappy broke down and im using a very sh**** spare that can only handle programs with extremely low requirements, and im a lazy a** so im avoiding layers coz i dont wanna learn or adapt to it yet.

As for doing data, any dcer is fine for me.
test version available that has basic actions and normal attacks done, also comes with an AI that can utilize her range and have difficulty checks. feedbacks welcomed.
DOWNLOAD LINK v0.5 test
note that the grab attack is lacking a blood effect when she stabs her tongue for visuals, also no healing yet.
reason being i dont wanna upload an extra data file with only these 2 minor stuffs.

first post updated with test version download link and grab attack gif

I really liked him/her. This character feels unique and really op even against characters like jason, clide, leo etc
Thanks given by:
the succ attack is sus.
love her tentacles.

Perhaps can add a grab move with her tentacles which bring a character to her from afar. Like Azazel, or wall of tentacles
Thanks given by:
(03-30-2022, 06:26 AM)Sorcerer Wrote:  Perhaps can add a grab move with her tentacles which bring a character to her from afar. Like Azazel, or wall of tentacles

nah, tentacles will only be her basics, like i said in intro/description, she's gonna be using cosmic space magic stuffs
like this weirdly colored laser
[Image: test.gif]
Thanks given by: LutiChris