Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[Representative character] Kenzo
I can make u the two attack with 1 method for real.
My Releases (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
I can fix u the two attack with 1 method for real.
Fact is that your version was quite not what i wanted and it was not right.
It did nothing or not what i wanted.
I fixed it. (You can look it up on the first site.)
I decided that it's quite overpowered to grab the enemy automatically. (Thanks to phil.)

Note:
To the attacks:
Jump then defense: Jump rowing
Thanks given by:
well.. tested it and its quite nice.. dcing wise it is perfect.. only the sprites lake something... here we go
  • some sprites have the original john haircolor (especially in kenzo_0 and kenzo_1)
  • the ice frames should be redone (=> scorps tut)
  • the superattack shoul be redone ( looks akward)
  • the "not-used" sprites should be removed.. (i just don't get the point of them)
  • there is one sprite from woody left (which should be either removed or changed)

and btw fixed the dirty pixels for you... look at the attached file

Attached Files
.zip   kenzo.zip (Size: 419.28 KB / Downloads: 63)
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
Updated one with fixed weird pixels
and a new... super_kick!

bump new one:
Now with all fixed points phil mentioned (except the john hair thingy)

.zip   Kenzo.zip (Size: 372.29 KB / Downloads: 71)
Thanks given by:
I finally made it.
So i decided that the last attack is throwing glass needles at the enemy.
And i finished it.
So here you go!
And don't dare to download and not to comment! :P

.zip   kenzo.zip (Size: 392.79 KB / Downloads: 92)
Thanks given by:
K, lets see...
you know my LONG texts :D (Click to View)
Result:
Disappointed...

The sprites looked awesome, the idea of using glas was surely creative...

Still, sprites are great, but the DC part failed... Most moves are inbalanced (weak or too strong), some seem more like some random mixed itrs (the weird catch in DvA), one attack isn'T even usabel etc etc etc (via spoiler).

Though the sprites i can't give this char honestly more then maybe 4/10 points.

I hope it will get some more improving/fixing in DC since the sprites are really awesome ^^

Btw, may you uploaded the wrong version? I used the link in your newest post, though...
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
Glas clone:
-Complete nonsense... I garantee you the AI won't react to a 2-frame-long T3-object.
-A T0-clone, that doesn't move and disappears after one hit (use pseudo-hit) would be much more useful :D Exspecially since T0's always attract enemies.
Proved you wrong! look at the video.

DvA:
-Meeeeh...
-Dirty black block in the lower part of the mirror sprite, the teleport happens WAY to... effectless and the catching looks much to sudden... add some smoke/strife/whatever..., really don't like the execution of the move though the idea is nice.
-The damage is may to high, since it is a completely unblockable attack (teleport+cattch)
will get removed[/b
D^A:
DOESNT EXIST...
Or at least not in that version of char...
[b]What the?! Will be fixed

DvJ:
-Long animation, the really interesting (green glow) sprites are shown way to short and his clothes change while he is performing the move.
-Way to high mp, no fitting sound, kinda no damage
-the ball has neither real moving, nor disappearing sprites
What?
D>J:
-Useless... you need damn good timing to reflect an attack, since the reflect duration is maybe.. 3 frames? Way to short and much too mp consuming...
-May make the shield using continous mp or somethign or at least make it longer... Johns Shield takes less mp (or same) and has a much higher duration and he can even further act after the shield is cast... (not to mention that he can hurt chars with it).
Will get fixed
-The Superpunch looks sucky... some kind of half-cut dennis-spinkick... It really looks crappy and Kenzo is strangely hovering in air, while performing it...
See... That is called jumping :P he jumps up spins around and kicks with the power of the spin
Thanks given by:
(08-18-2009, 06:58 PM)Hacker Wrote:  DvJ:
-Long animation, the really interesting (green glow) sprites are shown way to short and his clothes change while he is performing the move.
-Way to high mp, no fitting sound, kinda no damage
-the ball has neither real moving, nor disappearing sprites
What?

-The Superpunch looks sucky... some kind of half-cut dennis-spinkick... It really looks crappy and Kenzo is strangely hovering in air, while performing it...
See... That is called jumping :P he jumps up spins around and kicks with the power of the spin

DvJ: The animation looks strange, since the only glow affect on it is the green glow around Kenzo's hands for about one frame (take Davis-balls as example, there the glow is in pretty every sprite and they take multiple frames usually), so it seems to be more like a sudden green flash or something...
The ball:
It seems like there is only one single sprite for the entire ball (not mentioning the summoning). May make the glas shards slightly moving while flying (going up and down some pix individually etc), so it won't look that much static. And add some "hit/hitting/disappear"-sprites (you know, like flame sparks, after Firen's ball hit, f.e.). And also try to take out the standard. 020.wav-hitsound, since it doesn't fit the sound of glass piercing flesh or something (either give it a random sound (like 003 or the original blood_hit-sound).

Superpunch:
I know what you meant to show with the move, but it still looks, like he's loosing in Twister against his little toe...
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
Fixed version:
For the Shield Kick you will need
Good timing or 1 enemy in dance of pain
I removed the catching so you can defend.

.zip   kenzo.zip (Size: 393.29 KB / Downloads: 318)

Why am i trying to fix this char? It sucks and the sprites also do.
I always thought the sprites suck and i'm good at dcing...

@Alblaka: The green blinking is supossed to be like that.
It's like a sudden energy flow which pushes the ball away
Thanks given by:
(09-27-2008, 10:56 AM)Hacker Wrote:  I dont want you help.Do you think i'm so stupid?
I dont need you help.
this chara isnt a "BIG DEAL"
its just my chara and maybe i'm really crappie at spriting
But...
who cares?

i think the character look awesome :P
Check out my Little Fighter 2 Ultimate Character Guide (C)
pm me any1 that wants to help, all you do is write stuff in notepad and it takes no time at all.. any1 that helps me gets their name in the credits of the prog, even if you only does a couple of characters.. i need atleast 2 - 3 ppl to help me out..
[Image: vb.jpg]
Thanks given by: