Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
special weapon reaction tut
as ive already said in the sprites forum im making a crusader and normally he's a barefist fighter. BUT he can also summon a sword which completly alters his moveset and actions.
lets say you click A while holding a weapon and it goes to the regular weapon attack frames right? well i plan to replace the first frame in that sequence with a checkup using itr kind:8 and place the special weapon attack frame in the dvx.

now as most of you advanced dcers may know, itr kind:8 only reacts to type-0 objects well ive found a way past that so here begins the tutorial

step one \ character preperation:
entry 1: we need to edit the weapon attack frames right? well we don't want that to affect the other weapons we can use so how i do this is
first go to frame 20 you can see that there is an empty frame section between 21-25 these are the new frames we will be using for our attacks
so take the frames 20 and 21 and edit them so theyre 21 and 22.
now in game when we normally attack with this data we will disappear because in the source code when you attack with a weapon in your hand
for a regular id it goes to frame 20 or 25 so we need to put in a new frame in place of the old 20. this will be our CHECKUP frame itll look for the body that has been placed high in the sky because of an oid in the weapon frame. here is what i will be doing. (this is only a replacement for frame 20, after this tutorial you should be able to do the other frames yourselves.)

<frame> 20 normal_weapon_atck
pic: x state: 3 wait: 0 next: 21 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 centerx: 26 centery: 79 hit_a: 0 hit_d: 0 hit_j: 0
wpoint:
kind: 1 x: (weapon coordinates) y: (weapon coordinates) weaponact: (whatever frame your using in your weapon) attacking: 1 cover: 0 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0
wpoint_end:
bdy:
kind: 0 x: 16 y: 10 w: 39 h: 66
bdy_end:
itr:
kind: 8 x: 0 y: 1000 w: 160 h: 140 dvx: (special attack frame)
itr_end:
<frame_end>

this is the checkup frame template- i didn't put in the wpoint values because it may vary from person to person so i left that up to you guys.
now what i am going to do here is make the object that the weapon is going to summon so you do the special moves . well we don't need to create a new object all we need to do is create the frames, because the object IS the character. yes this is not a typo, we are going to input a series of key-frames into the character with dvy, dvx, 550 so it doesn't move as well.
now first off we make the object checkup frame that looks if the key has already been placed. we do that with an itr kind 8 again and if it hit's the body then give it a dvx:1000, if not then let it proceed to it's next frame.now the first key frame.. lets say the weapon attack key for frame 20. (we started off there so we might as well finish that.)
take the dummy frame 399 and change it's frame number to the frame number you want to use. then insert the width and height values needed to make it work , (PS: all moves will have a different height so no worries there).
entry 1: now that we have the character data we now move onto the weapon data. in the on_hand frames we insert one opoint for the whole sequence.In the oid of the opoint we insert our characters id and the keycheckup frame number inside of the action so thats basically what summons our key and gives our hero the ability to use different movesets with different weapons-

PS:before the first frame of special moves move the frame numbers one up and place a checkup frame like the light_wep_atk checkup frame we did earlier.

notes\
1.this tutorial is a rough draft and it's basically a template of what im trying to accomplish.it's NOT perfect and there may be some small fixable bugs so if you encounter a bug trying to do this just post and ill try to help as much as i can.

PS: if there is anything i can improve in this just tell me and ill edit it /

thank you
special thanks to:
sinow rappy- for the inspiration to explore other techniques and especially the extensive use of itr kind:8

MH razen- for his great site and great forums. without his site i couldn't have written this tutorial.

blue pheonix- i know im new but from my first post you all were very supportive so thank you for the constructive critisizim and all.

enjoy*
Thanks given by:
http://www.lf-empire.de/content/view/118/121/lang,en/

Enjoy ;)
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
don't worry i have read that and it's a fine peice of work but what my method does is also alter the stuff that your character does. in the example MH gave it uses a special weaponact that puts the sword in a frame that summons an ice ball.mine makes your CHARACTER do different things along with the sword.
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2008, 07:38 PM)AdRaX Wrote:  as ive already said in the sprites forum im making a crusader and normally he's a barefist fighter. BUT he can also summon a sword which completly alters his moveset and actions.
lets say you click A while holding a weapon and it goes to the regular weapon attack frames right? well i plan to replace the first frame in that sequence with a checkup using itr kind:8 and place the special weapon attack frame in the dvx.

now as most of you advanced dcers may know, itr kind:8 only reacts to type-0 objects well ive found a way past that so here begins the tutorial

step one \ character preperation:
entry 1: we need to edit the weapon attack frames right? well we don't want that to affect the other weapons we can use so how i do this is
first go to frame 20 you can see that there is an empty frame section between 21-25 these are the new frames we will be using for our attacks
so take the frames 20 and 21 and edit them so theyre 21 and 22.
now in game when we normally attack with this data we will disappear because in the source code when you attack with a weapon in your hand
for a regular id it goes to frame 20 or 25 so we need to put in a new frame in place of the old 20. this will be our CHECKUP frame itll look for the body that has been placed high in the sky because of an oid in the weapon frame. here is what i will be doing. (this is only a replacement for frame 20, after this tutorial you should be able to do the other frames yourselves.)

<frame> 20 normal_weapon_atck
pic: x state: 3 wait: 0 next: 21 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 centerx: 26 centery: 79 hit_a: 0 hit_d: 0 hit_j: 0
wpoint:
kind: 1 x: (weapon coordinates) y: (weapon coordinates) weaponact: (whatever frame your using in your weapon) attacking: 1 cover: 0 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0
wpoint_end:
bdy:
kind: 0 x: 16 y: 10 w: 39 h: 66
bdy_end:
itr:
kind: 8 x: 0 y: 1000 w: 160 h: 140 dvx: (special attack frame)
itr_end:
<frame_end>

this is the checkup frame template- i didn't put in the wpoint values because it may vary from person to person so i left that up to you guys.
now what i am going to do here is make the object that the weapon is going to summon so you do the special moves . well we don't need to create a new object all we need to do is create the frames, because the object IS the character. yes this is not a typo, we are going to input a series of key-frames into the character with dvy, dvx, 550 so it doesn't move as well.
now first off we make the object checkup frame that looks if the key has already been placed. we do that with an itr kind 8 again and if it hit's the body then give it a dvx:1000, if not then let it proceed to it's next frame.now the first key frame.. lets say the weapon attack key for frame 20. (we started off there so we might as well finish that.)
take the dummy frame 399 and change it's frame number to the frame number you want to use. then insert the width and height values needed to make it work , (PS: all moves will have a different height so no worries there).
entry 1: now that we have the character data we now move onto the weapon data. in the on_hand frames we insert one opoint for the whole sequence.In the oid of the opoint we insert our characters id and the keycheckup frame number inside of the action so thats basically what summons our key and gives our hero the ability to use different movesets with different weapons-

PS:before the first frame of special moves move the frame numbers one up and place a checkup frame like the light_wep_atk checkup frame we did earlier.

notes\
1.this tutorial is a rough draft and it's basically a template of what im trying to accomplish.it's NOT perfect and there may be some small fixable bugs so if you encounter a bug trying to do this just post and ill try to help as much as i can.

PS: if there is anything i can improve in this just tell me and ill edit it /

thank you
special thanks to:
sinow rappy- for the inspiration to explore other techniques and especially the extensive use of itr kind:8

MH razen- for his great site and great forums. without his site i couldn't have written this tutorial.

blue pheonix- i know im new but from my first post you all were very supportive so thank you for the constructive critisizim and all.

enjoy*

THanks I tried to use this method. I used Woody and added the checkup key and put everything in. For the special attack frame i used woody flip move. i put an opoint on all on hand frames. when i picked up the weapon. it started to multiply endlessly and when i tried to do the flip move te character froze plz pm me to help me solve this problem. Im pretty much a beginner at this stuff and i dont know xywh values at all.

-Storm
Thanks given by:
Hello, i do not understand this part "entry 2:
take the dummy frame 399 and change it's frame number to the frame number you want to use. then insert the width and height values needed to make it work , (PS: all moves will have a different height so no worries there)." Where do we add the width and heights values to make it work? And for the "take the dummy frame 399 and change the number to the one you want", is it the same frame number we entered for the dvx above?
Thanks given by: