Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
frame skip values
well, i have been testy:

[Image: 6qUU1walr9eBKCMkfx9i9QqEhPPAP.gif]

I have no idea why my mirror image didn't work.

versus

and in the wait: 0 one, pic: 0 didnt show up even though they were opointed from action: 0
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by: A-Man
(07-08-2014, 04:02 PM)xmfcx Wrote:  and in the wait: 0 one, pic: 0 didnt show up even though they were opointed from action: 0
So my theory was right :P. wait:0 hides the image only if it wasn't by a next, aand it is actually one frame.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(07-08-2014, 04:13 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  wait:0 hides the image only if it wasn't by a next.

green numbers' order is:
1-2
2-3
2-4
3-5
3-6
it means, first TU frame of wait:1 is also nonexistant.
So, when you opoint something regardless of amount of waits in the first frame,
you will lose a 1 TU-frame.

If it's a "wait: 0" one, you wont see anything and the itr's you put in it won't be calculated.
At least,
[Image: 6qUVXPMrF0kIabLeesknG2xrNWSJs.jpg]
this frame 0 didnt burn anything even on same z axis.
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by: A-Man
Exactly. Apparently, opointing happens somewhere before the "UpdateStats()" function too. While my anticipated algorithm agrees that there shouldn't be any collision there either, we (actually you since I couldn't get the FPS changer to work :P) can't quite prove that yet; since the spark might take one frame to actually appear; thus it would look as if the second frame caused it. One thing you can do is give the first frame a next:1000 and see if it works (that wouldn't be a solid proof too, because an object might need a frame to completely delete itself from the scene).

Edit: V: That's what we've been saying.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
It seems like one frame, but keep in mind that the first TU of an attack isn't really shown. I used Someone Else's one-frame pause trick to test this out. You have to at least use wait:1 for the first frame for it to show.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
so it kind of is the exact oposite of how I explained it :D
Thanks given by: