Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Try doing these datas / HEX editting
Not exactly a request, but I actually have ideas for a representative character of myself. However, I'd like to make it into more of a challenge at the same time for bored DCers and HEX Editors - not a competition. Try making a data/HEX Edit which contains these moves and work:

1. The character, after jumping into the air, can interact with objects (heavy and light). Interacting includes picking up the object in mid-air, or performing moves with the object such as jumping on them like a platform.

2. I think this has been done before: When a character uses a bat, he swings it like normal, but if he uses an ice sword, he does an uppercut. Similarly, doing D>J without a weapon is just a grab, but doing D>J with a bat is a speed punch, while doing it with an ice sword becomes a tiger dash. All these done without using the transform state for each individual weapon.

3. Wielding two weapons at once, literally. All these done without using the transform state.

4. A character is invisible (including the shadow), but he is NOT invincible (you can't see him but you can kill him).

5. A projectile that passes through everything except characters (things like Soul Bomb can also be an exception). If the character is hit, the projectile explodes. If the character blocks, the projectile also explodes. This is to be done without using a grab state and without requiring the modding of characters.

6. You know the sonata of death? They always do fixed damage. Instead, why not make the sonata's damage controllable?

7. Any random item may become a Mimic creature at any time. However, the Mimic only shows itself to be a creature when it is picked up. The Mimic will transform back into an ordinary item or remain a mimic item after it is done. The Mimic is not an ally - it is an evil creature.

8. There was once I downloaded this stage (but now it's gone forever... it was a long time ago I downloaded from Do's site Little Realm which is now gone). It was unique - The criminal you freed will became your enemy in the last stage (he appeared on the other hand of the stage). However, it has a reserve number on top. You also have to kill him before you can advance to the next level. The criminal retained his criminal appearance. If I'm not wrong, he originally had x99 reserves, but when you fight him he has x5.

9. In the same downloaded stage, I recall this stage where you had to kill the enemies in sequence. For example, you had to kill Mark, then Jan, then Bandit. Otherwise, they'll keep spawning.

Let's see if you can come up with ways to do these (or are they impossible?) =D

(Note to moderators:
I cannot find the appropriate place to post this, because this involves both DCing which I think it is advanced DCing and HEX Editting as a challenge. Move to where it is appropriate.)
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
2. has already been made
4. is easy. Give the char bat's laser ID, or Firzen's cannon ID

The rest is either impossible or some useless long playing around. :P
Thanks given by:
2. has it already been made? oh well well i wrote a tutorial in the dc tut section a week or so ago so thats method is there too for examination.

6. make a load of itrs in the area you want the sonata to be effective in the ball (state: 3000) and add effect 5 to the itrs so theres no sound . change the itr to your liking and also edit the frames that the ball does when it touches an enemy so it doesnt disappear.
Thanks given by:
5. Just a normal ball which has explosion opoint in the hitting frame. (kind of easy)

(Or did i misunderstand you?)
Thanks given by:
5: State:3006 with itr:effect:4/injury:10000 and itr:kind:3 that leads to an explosion opoint frame.

9: I'm pretty sure that would be a move after death.
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
7: quiet easy! Just give julian type: 4! If you punch him, he disapears! Now use a weapon-transform !just an opoint and then the transforming object gets invisible! When the illusion dissapears, it uses an itr and hits the invisible weapon (at y: 3333 or so), so it will get visible again!

9: I'm already experiencing around with <boss><boss>/<boss><soldier>
will see what comes out!^^
I HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH MY COMPUTER!
Please don't wonder when I suddenly dissapear for a while!
<a href="http://www.techno4ever.net">
[Image: banner01.gif]
</a>
rest of my siggy! (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
# The character, after jumping into the air, can interact with objects (heavy and light). Interacting includes picking up the object in mid-air, or performing moves with the object such as jumping on them like a platform.

actually I have a new idea for this - the only problem: it will be hell work. You know my two-level lf2? this is the basic idea, but the moving to the second floor dont work with a DJA key combination. THe platform has a type0 object (hidden) in its middle which let the char transform into a version which has a higher centery. Also weapons can be modified.

The system is easy and will work, but I think it's.... a bit crazy to have every dat.-file two or three times :p - and the shadow problem is not solved, well, in two-level lf2 I simply deleted them :p

# I think this has been done before: When a character uses a bat, he swings it like normal, but if he uses an ice sword, he does an uppercut. Similarly, doing D>J without a weapon is just a grab, but doing D>J with a bat is a speed punch, while doing it with an ice sword becomes a tiger dash. All these done without using the transform state for each individual weapon.

transform state? how do you want to use it there!? actually put an opoint in every on_hand frame of the weapons which should have a special effect. this opoint creates an type 0 object (hidden) which disappear after 2 TU. It has an bdy in there (the y-value must be different for every weapon). Now the chars which should be able to use this effect have several ik8s in the attack_light frames. The first (for example) is on y: 1000 for a bdy on y: 1000, created by weapon: bat and move to frame 350, code whatever you want. Same for freeze-sword, just on y: 2000 and with another effect.

If the char should not use these special effects, erm, simply dont create ik8s :p

# Wielding two weapons at once, literally. All these done without using the transform state.

so kind of backpack? no really good idea so far. Thought of a char-initiated move of the weapon to a hidden char which stays to him, but the char will not pick the weapon, we can't bring him to press A at a CERTAIN time (this time is 1TU, no chance for this), so... I think no solution possible

# A character is invisible (including the shadow), but he is NOT invincible (you can't see him but you can kill him).

I suggest a method from darklord a bit modified. He had several characters with a tail in his lf2 advanced. Would make a char like this and with state 3005 in moves-frames, pic: 1000 in every frame and next: 1299 whereever I can. But... how should you detect the char? this is why I prefered tail method :p will not work 100%, probably... not tested, I dunno :p

# A projectile that passes through everything except characters (things like Soul Bomb can also be an exception). If the character is hit, the projectile explodes. If the character blocks, the projectile also explodes. This is to be done without using a grab state and without requiring the modding of characters.

you didnt say a word about teams, lucky today :D

actually remove the ik0 and put a ik8 in your attack, the itr must be a small area but if it hurt you can lead him to explode frames. The explosion must have state 18, not sure but something says me the object is on your team then and the explosion without state 18 or normal itrs may not hurt :p

for your "exceptions" - NO way to create exceptions without modding these files, so let your julian ball opoint out hidden char frames (with a bdy at x: 100 because the ball moves...), effect is the same...

# You know the sonata of death? They always do fixed damage. Instead, why not make the sonata's damage controllable?

the #rest of the sonata is 1 as far as I remember, why not make it like this:
frame:
1 - sonata (for keeping in sky)
2 - hurt him with ik0
3 - sonata
4 - hurt ...
(all have a vrest: 1)
not tested something like this, might not work...

# Any random item may become a Mimic creature at any time. However, the Mimic only shows itself to be a creature when it is picked up. The Mimic will transform back into an ordinary item or remain a mimic item after it is done. The Mimic is not an ally - it is an evil creature.

after it is done!? erm, question not very concrete :p
actually let the weapon opoint out a char frame in lying-frames (disappear after 2 TU and reactivated). This object will catch with ik3 on y: 1000 - modify your chars so there's a bdy in catch_light frames on y: 1000. The char catch and transform with rudolf transform, then you have your teamless mimic.

for the random idea: the mimic is not activated by the weapon, it's a weapon itsself - fall down from sky hidden and act a type 0 object, then disappear, the t0 object is explained above. To get to a random weapon every weapon act a t0-frame with a bdy at y: 2000 when on floor, so if you set a ik8 in the mimic-object frames it'll move to the next weapon before he can start his "catch-when-pick" move.

For the weapon destroy: if you want it to destroy do it with a large itr on y: 3000 and modify the weapons they've a bdy at this place or make it disappear with a itr/kind 8 in the weapons... everything right timed, this is only system, not a step-by-step tut :p

# There was once I downloaded this stage (but now it's gone forever... it was a long time ago I downloaded from Do's site Little Realm which is now gone). It was unique - The criminal you freed will became your enemy in the last stage (he appeared on the other hand of the stage). However, it has a reserve number on top. You also have to kill him before you can advance to the next level. The criminal retained his criminal appearance. If I'm not wrong, he originally had x99 reserves, but when you fight him he has x5.

The thing you described... hm, not DC way to decrease the reserve number that fast. I think you remember wrong ;)

erm, for your solution. Ok you've a team-player, nice... hmhmmh.... erm, what I dont know now is if the criminal is random, I refer to a special char now, but with copy-paste and change of areas it'll work for multiple guys, too.

your char is modified and has a bdy at y: 1000 in standing frames. Now the stage where he should join the evil activate a criminal with itr/kind 8 at y: 1000, it'll move to the criminal, then let him transform into the criminal-char (when you have several chars which can be there make same on multiple areas, y: 2000 and so on...) and make the original char disappear with the use of itr/kind 8 noted in his standing frames and linked to a delete-frame and a bdy you activated, somewhere on a special area.
ok for the number: give the criminal a reserve before you act it.

What I dont remember now is how the evil criminal will react... with the lives, not sure :p

# In the same downloaded stage, I recall this stage where you had to kill the enemies in sequence. For example, you had to kill Mark, then Jan, then Bandit. Otherwise, they'll keep spawning.

rofl, easy, there's a hidden object in this stage which is the boss, all other chars are the soldiers. now when these chars die they spawn an object with the opoint which only work when the char is dead (in lying frames). this object make the boxx go to another frame. If the sequence is right the boss will go to a delete-frame, if not he'll stay somewhere in this kind of loop :p

but good point :)

ok, maybe one of my longest posts here ;)

*moved to advanced
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: Xrink-257