Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[char] maplestory character - named Otto XD
what I don't like about this char is that, regardless of what he's doing, he never changes his face. If he runs, he should run with an open mouth, like the other chars. Yea, and... since the head is really over-proportioned in relation to the body (yes, I know, it's Maple Story, and they have these uber-heads), it doesn't really fit in an lf2-game. If you were planning to do a mod with maple chars, I'd really appreciate it ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2008, 05:00 PM)Lf2-hacker Wrote:  Noname ~ Quality needs no name.

Shet.

You, sir, have won the internetz.

Okay, so I don't know Maple Story, but what BP said is kinda not left. That means right.
He needs to look more evil Evil <-- like that, hehehe
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
lol im not finished yet. the sprites are like...30% done and same with data. the faces are for the finishing details. since its only this single character im making, theres no point in making him unbalanced otherwise its no fun. so i might as well balance him into a normal lf2. after all, my whole purpose was to make a ms lf2 character that was fun to play. he might look disproportioned but at the least, he doesnt fight disproportioned right?
oh i forgot to mention, if youve tried the character heres something you might have found out. the character has a bounce move. he just makes a mini jump. but its useful in combo. when you run attack and then bounce and kick. although the bounce and roll look the same, you cant attack in roll. difference between roll and bounce is bounce is a smaller jump than roll.
how to use: whenever character goes into frame crouch2. so if the character lands from bieng in midair, usually, the character automatically goes to frame crouch2 for landing. i just put hit_j: [bounce] so you can just keep on bouncing along.
bbl, have school soon

edit: oh and btw, i only plan on making one character for the fun of it. i dont intend to make a mod unless someone else out there is seriously into this and wants to make them, then i'll consider.
Thanks given by:
this char is really not lf2-styled.
<center>[Image: 38018291.gif]</center>
Thanks given by:
quite obvious its not lf2. i dont intend to make it 100% [edit: maplestory styled (i actually meant tat instead of lf2 styled, thats why i balanced it. was typing fast so i wasnt thinking)] because its ridiculous. theres not enough sprites. making custom stances will help it look a bit better. my guess is that the sprite sheet it will be made up possibly at least 50% modified stances.

EDIT: btw..when did my reputation go to -1? hukko? if you dont like it, then you dont have to put my reputation down...just dont look anymore... :(
oh i forgot to mention the exe i was using while creating the character allowed me to use png so youll have to manually change it.

EDIT2: updated a little bit; http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5iy1mzljy4w
Thanks given by:
The sprite is not lf2-styled and i don't think it would fit.
But if you really want to finish the char, i can give you some advises:
- Change the eyes, his eyes open all the time!
- Should have more falling pics.
Thanks given by:
Man, he didn't want to make it lfstyled!!

It's fine, but i don't think you will find so much sprites for each move.
Working Hyuuken
[Image: promotionfr6.png]

Motivocional Phrases (Click to View)
BRAZIL

Thanks given by:
what what now ive confused myself. what i meant was, i didnt want to make it maplestory style. i was just 'balancing' it into original lf2 style. meaning its not some unbalance character with super powers that 1 hit ko anyone.
the eyes will be done once ive completed the rest of the sprite sheet cos its not complete. i havent done the falling sprites yet because im thinking of a way to make them. likge Guigs mentioned, there arent enough sufficient sprites already made like that and i have to make them myself. i said before that roughly about the sprite sheet will be modified from the original.
Thanks given by:
For those who dislike the big face of "otto"
here we go: (i've reduced the face from 100% to 75%)
[Image: 2n8zj8l.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeh, it's way better
Working Hyuuken
[Image: promotionfr6.png]

Motivocional Phrases (Click to View)
BRAZIL

Thanks given by: