Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th button
I believe he meant the "control" section in LF2, where you can change your assignment of keys
Thanks given by:
but that wouldnt be the problem i guess, since silva made also a boss mode.
Thanks given by:
that will be a huge huge huge problem. boss-mode is just like writing code for a second stage mode, where it sets the stuff to say "run the game with these settings". a new control button is like, adding a whole new field so everything for the "run next frame" has to be altered coz like, what happens if you press both A1 and A2? (attack1 and attack2 buttons respectively). there's no code for w/e. also, cpu AI presses w/e buttons, so they'll ignore the new button if anyone is able to do it w/o the source code. this is not a realistic discussion and I think it'll get nowhere =\

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
(11-29-2008, 10:16 PM)Azriel Wrote:  that will be a huge huge huge problem. boss-mode is just like writing code for a second stage mode, where it sets the stuff to say "run the game with these settings". a new control button is like, adding a whole new field so everything for the "run next frame" has to be altered coz like, what happens if you press both A1 and A2? (attack1 and attack2 buttons respectively). there's no code for w/e. also, cpu AI presses w/e buttons, so they'll ignore the new button if anyone is able to do it w/o the source code. this is not a realistic discussion and I think it'll get nowhere =\

Azriel~

what he said.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
i think more usefull its mix of skill in char)
4th button...all LF2 fun should learn how to play with 1 button yet ^^

um..all time all players use 3 fingers for attack-jump-defend. but 4th button need for mooving between 3 fingers (cuz using 4 fingers uncomfortable).
i think if somebody create this it doesnt be very usefull....
Thanks given by:
Relating AI, this is like hell-moves: the computer will never execute these moves. LF2 was programmed for three action-keys. Everything is dependent on them. Attack is for attacking (duh!), answering a dialog-box, increasing values (in battle). Jump for jumping (to state the obvious, second duh!), going back in menus, decreasing values. Defend for (no, I won't mention defending :P) starting a special attack, and increasing values faster.
AI has been programmed to make use of these three keys (plus directions, of course). It won't know that there's a fourth possibility. Would suck, IMO.

Drahcir Wrote:Well, you could decompile the game, learn C++, and do it yourself
If that was possible......... :P
Yinseko Wrote:but 4th button need for mooving between 3 fingers (cuz using 4 fingers uncomfortable)
Really? I have no problem using 4 fingers :D

But yea, Silva refuses to do it (for obvious reasons (yes, I had to borrow that slogan^^)), so bury your dream :P
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(11-29-2008, 07:48 PM)Pityon Wrote:  Yo, i have a question. Is it possible to make 4th button to second attack??
For example:
1. defent D
2. jump J
3. attack A
4. alternate attack JA
If you know something about it post :>
keep working with the ones you have
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=804
it does the job rather well - coms even use it
Thanks given by:
possibly, it could be a taunt?
My Signiature (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(11-30-2008, 11:49 AM)Blue-Phoenix Wrote:  But yea, Silva refuses to do it (for obvious reasons (yes, I had to borrow that slogan^^)), so bury your dream :P

It's not that I refuse to do it, I lack the skill to do it.

Same for me, both result in the same thing. Sorry, I just had to mention this :P ~Blue
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:

What if he speak about a combination like
Defend+Jump+Defend
that would be something different but i'm sure that the coms wouldnt use that too.

~Hacker
Thanks given by: