Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Short Story] The Suspect
Surprised to know that I'm a writer too? Well, I'll be away again, but I have not forgotten these forums. I'm glad there's now a story section - now I'd like to post a short story called "The Suspect". It's a non-LF2 related story about a man suspected of being a vampire and a vampire slayer. My idea just came up within minutes, the writing took less than 40 minutes.

"Stop right there!"

The shadowy figure stopped almost instantly.

"Turn around and face me, Mr Jacob A. Anderson!" The voice ordered a second time. Again, Jacob did as he was told, and was now face-to-face with the Vampire Hunter, a silver-plated, sawn-off double-barrel shotgun in his right hand, locked onto his suspect.

The vampire hunter, Zack, was a strong man of average size, with dark hair and sharp, blue eyes. He donned a red cape in addition to his maroon shirt and brown trousers. He also wore thick, black leather gloves and a heavy pair of military boots.

On the contrary, Jacob was a skinny figure, with rather pale skin and dull, red eyes. He was dressed in a brown coat and brown pants, as well as black leather gloves, black leather boots and a brown hat.

"There is no escape Jacob, you're cornered in this rundown warehouse," Zack pressured his suspect. "Either you give up the easy way or we'll do this the hard way."

"Then I'd choose the latter," Jacob dashed to his right, just as Zack fires a round. Unfortunately, he misses, while Jacob unsheathes his katana and rushes towards his pursuer. The cold blade of Jacob's katana flies at unholy speeds towards Zack, but it was intercepted by a quick block with the shotgun. Going into a berserk, the attacker continued with more furious slashes, only to be easily parried off with the shotgun. Zack reacted with a swift kick, striking Jacob's stomach. Jacob groaned in pain, whilst Zack continued with his onslaught, his rising leg dealt a heavy blow to Jacob's chin, lifting Jacob's body up from his bent position. Zack then spun around, immediately getting into another stance, his right leg facing Jacob's chest, bent and ready to attack. Before Jacob could recover, Zack's leg sprung out, boosting Jacob into a solid concrete wall, once again demonstrating Zack's excellent martial arts skills. Bits of debris shattered from the nearly broken wall. The suspect was apparently barely conscious when Zack approached him.

"Mr Jacob, you've been witnessed attacking innocent civilians and siphoning their blood! No human could have moved at the speed in which you have earlier! Isn't it obvious now that you're a vampire?" Zack loaded his shotgun with a silver 12-gauge shell. "And you know full-well that vampires are no match against vampire hunters!"

After a few coughs, Jacob spat out a few mouthfuls of blood, then looked into his pursuer's eyes with his own half-closed eyes. "I am not a vampire..."

"Then what are you?"

"...I just like to drink BLOOD!!!" Jacob's eyes bulged as he leaped onto his feet, his lifeless hands grasped the vampire hunter's shoulders, catching him off-guard. As Zack made futile attempts to struggle, Jacob opened his drooling mouth, revealing rows of sharp teeth and a pair of fangs. He sunk his teeth into Zack's tender neck as he cried out in pain, and he feasted onto his victim's blood - the blood of whom was, ironically, that of a vampire hunter...
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
Ooh...that's terribly ironic!!! O_O Excellent story. I could literally picture all this happening in some Underworld-Style movie in my head. It's nice to see more writers coming out and posting their imaginations here.

4 out of 5 - Imo. I want more...!!!
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by:
Wow, just as zabobula siad, excellent story. Short stories are better than long. But some long stories are just great. 4 and a half outof 5.
Bolting Shock. Deadly Wave. Nice Colours:D

[Image: 21eamty.jpg]
Thanks given by:
5/5
depth, good content, awesome writting style
please make more of this :D
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: