Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LF2 blocked
I've been playing LF2 at school at friends and at home but...
recently this week it has not been working...?
Have they blocked it?
I didn't think that was possible, they block this site too...
but I get passed it all the time
It's fairly simple...
all you have to do is copy the url to the address bar and add an s between the "p" and ":"
example: https://...
So how can I get LF2 back on my Account, I tried restarting it, but it doesn't seem to work, they also don't let you download anything so I put it on my flash Drive... :P
But still how do I get LF2 on a FCPS cpu???
Thanks given by:
What do you exactly mean with "your" LF2 account? Forums or what? And what is an FCPS cpu supposed to be?

The game itself is not blocked, of course. If you haven't any sound drivers at school or a c++ runtime environment, you can forget playing 1.9 or 2.0, respectively.
Otherwise, this is what I do, play it from a flash-drive in order not to slam the school computer's hard drive.

If the forums are blocked: well, go to a proxy-server-site (such as btunnel.com) and surf from there.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(FCPS is your schools name? fsomething campus?)

if your school network is running on windows NT/2000 or sth of the like try renaming the exe to mplayer2.exe
(or any other executable name which you know works - windows is kinda stupid about that)
might work if they just restriced student account rights
Thanks given by:
No! FCPS (Fairfax County Public Schools)
Mine is at Mclean High
It used to work, and yes I know a couple of of proxy servers...
it started to stop during this week...?
Thanks given by:
like yinyin suggested: rename lf2.exe into something that you know that it works. whether it is mplayer2.exe or iexplore.exe. Just try them out. basic windows-components, and I doubt these are blocked
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
maybe, just like at my old school, they blocked it.
they did it all the time. there is always a way around it though
we used mozilla to open USB's. you do know school administrators watch you right? they probably realised that this was 'unrelated' to school work.
use mozilla to open this website too, its very handy like that. if you've got the lf2.exe on your account already, then you may have to rename it like yinyin said.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, they do monitor our computers...but I just annoy my teacher with questions, that can be sent through that "vison" program, and she blocks me for awhile...
Sometimes she doesn't care, but also they record the stuff, but don't really do anything about it for the most part...
And hey, ok I'll try it and see if it works...
Thanks given by:
Does the game work in your house? It's supposed too unless your not administrater. The administrator might of enhanced the security so much that it blocks game and other various programms from working. And in the school situation, same problem with the administrator thing. Angry Alec said it correctly, mozilla I tried myself and worked great. Oh and one thing, don't bug your teacher;)
Bolting Shock. Deadly Wave. Nice Colours:D

[Image: 21eamty.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks guys...
I still kinda bugged I can't play at school, though... :\
Thanks given by: