Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.31 Average
Ramond's RPG Adventure v2.0
Discord plz.
Even if the game continues in the forum, I'd still want some way to leave messages faster or something.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
i just made a quick discord server for discussions and stuff. if you want that link, shoot me a pm!
Thanks given by: STM1993
Alright, it looks like I had the following part of the new massive story update written since... November 3rd, 2017. Therefore, without further ado, I shall simply post this here so that I may get motivated to continue more regularly.

---

Blue Phoenix: South. Let's follow the south road to win more time.
Bamboori: If my map is depicted accurately...
Ian: (...which I highly doubt...)
Bamboori: ...then that should be the action of choice. I don't think the Rinstar Highlands extend much farther to the east.
SirFrog: We really want to avoid that thunderstorm regardless.
Blue Phoenix: SirFrog, what would you say, how much time do we have?
SirFrog: A couple of hours. But it's really hard to tell, depends on the speed of the wind over there.
Simon: Sir, why art thou actually so knowledgeable?
SirFrog: ...it seems I've indulged myself a lot into literature earlier.

The group heads southwards. Nothing of interest transpires on their path, which makes a right turn shortly after, then another left turn before they find themselves on another intersecting path branching off to their right, to the west.

snorsorbet: Go right.
Blue Phoenix: Hm? What was that?
Drahcir: How do you know?
snorsorbet: I suddenly have that... feeling...

snorsorbet storms off into the aforementioned direction, with Phil darting after him. After a few surprised seconds of staring in disbelief, the rest of the group follows and tries to catch up.

Simon: Hold it, boy!

Being the most agile of their group, Bamboori and Simon slowly manage to reduce the distance left between them and the snorbet. In front of them they recognize him taking a left turn at the following intersection.

Bamboori: Stop! snorsorbet! What's gotten into you?!

Book of Knowledge: Drahcir Bamboori SirFrog BluePhoenix Nave snorsorbet Phil Simon Ian Steiner
World Map

(Hints of Interest: -
Stat points left: -
Skill points left: -)

[Image: rinstar_highlands.png]
(F5 to update image)

It's dawn. (8:06 AM, Day 8)
The day's first sunrays fill the autumnal environment with color and life.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Continue to follow snor.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
SirFrog: I have a bad feeling about this.
Move to follow snor.
| Metaknight | G-types | Bottle Skinz | Companion Cube | Art Gallery |
"Do not grieve, it is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."
- Mr. Spock
"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken"
- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
Thanks given by:
Can I try and pounce on him? If he's not too far away, that is. But from what I understand he's kind of in my sights right?
Thanks given by:
SirFrog: I have a bad feeling about this.
Blue Phoenix: It is certainly unprecedented...

Simon: Dang it, snorsorbet, what's the meaning of this...
Bamboori: I'm trying to... *huff* reach him, but *huff* ... no idea where he's taking that energy from... *wheeze*
Simon: Don't worry, I got this...

With these words, Simon suddenly dashes ahead ever so slightly, gradually closing the gap to snorsorbet who's still running along the path, oblivious to any and all the cries and interjections behind him. Phil seems to have caught up in the meantime, but doesn't seem interested in slowing snorsorbet down, running alongside him without looking back once. Even with Bamboori's more-than-decent constitution he is struggling to keep up the pace. At some point he decides not to try to catch up to Simon and snor, but rather to act as an intermediate between them and the rest of the group, making sure they don't get separated too badly. A quick glance to his back reveals SirFrog and Blue Phoenix in the distance, closing in with a few more faint figures behind them, assumedly the rest of the group. And even further behind them, far aloof in the sky, the dark clouds have approached a little faster than expected... It gives Bamboori a rather unnatural vibe, and something seems really strange about that intimidating front. Ominous, indeed.

At the same time Simon - slowly realizing he cannot keep this pace up for much longer - is just a couple of arm lengths away from reaching his target snorsorbet, who is showing no signs of exhaustion whatsoever. Realizing that it would be futile and to save his breath, Simon opts not to call out to his friend but rather to try and bring him to fall with a well-timed grip. As the road makes a right turn, Simon figures he can slightly cut the path and gain just a little extra distance, the final bit needed for his attempt. Just as his hand reaches out to grab snorsorbet by his right arm, Phil suddenly strays from his path next to snorsorbet and leaps to his right, directly in front of the ninja's ankles - a feint that catches Simon off guard, causing him to lose his grounding and send Phil off into the air.
Legend has it that cats always land on their feet. Not so with Phil, as Simon casually notices while cushioning his fall with both his arms. More than a couple of meters away, partially hidden away between some thorny bushes, Phil lay motionlessly on the ground. Within a split second he realizes the meaning of this occurrence - and within the next he has a decision to make, though it can hardly be called a decision if his instincts force him to keep up the pursuit. Hoping some of the latecomers would take care of the cat he jumps back to his feet and takes up the chase, with snorsorbet out of his immediate reach once again. Yet there remains the one nagging thought in the back of his head, the thought of how badly Phil was hurt in his maneuver.
Struggling to regain his speed, Simon follows the path taking another left turn soon, and in the far distance after another right turn he can make out shapes of what resembles a rather humble building complex. By this point he already lost his orientation and isn't able to determine whether this might be the farm the group was looking for earlier, whether they took a wrong turn somewhere or whether they already left the Rinstar Highlands. It also seems like snorsorbet is headed into that direction, but Simon notices that he isn't closing the distance. The fall definitely hampered his running rhythm, but as long as snor's goal is the farm, this crazy pursuit should be over soon.

A deep, dark rumbling sound rings out all around, making the air around them feel a lot colder suddenly. The landscape is gradually engulfed in a large shadow like a dark mantle covering the earthly cradle as the clouds float on to cover the rising sun. SirFrog and Blue Phoenix, both slightly out of breath, can barely make out Bamboori standing in the distance, frantically waving at them and making unintelligible gestures toward the ground and the bushes next to him. A dark premonition enters their minds as they keep heading towards him.

Bamboori: *huff* Guys!!! Need *puff* help!!
SirFrog: Hold up, what's the matter? Where's snorsorbet?
Bamboori: Haven't... reached yet... but... *whef* saw Simon falling... *huff* here, and then this...

He points to the bushes. A purple, fluffy object is lying at their base, exhibiting a large number of nontrivial scratches and puncture wounds on its body upon closer inspection.

Blue Phoenix: ... that's Phil?! What the hell happened here?!
Bamboori: *wheeze*
SirFrog: Could they have been attacked?

SirFrog approaches the cat and bends down to check its injuries.

Bamboori: ...no, no one *harf* else... present...

Slowly the rest of the group members start trickling in, thinking the chase has come to a close.

Nave: Yo, guys, what the heck!
Drahcir: Hold up... snorsorbet is not with you guys, where is he?
Bamboori: Simon... and snor... *hoof*

And Bamboori points toward the path Simon and snorsorbet had continued to run down.

Nave: Wait! snor is still on the loose? Why did you stop?!
Drahcir: Wait... SirFrog, what've you got there?
SirFrog: It's Phil... Phil seems to have been badly injured. Almost looks like he was flung into these thorn bushes...
Nave: What!

Most of the group assemble around and behind SirFrog, gazing at the lifelessly looking body beneath SirFrog's hands.

Drahcir: This... this is unreal!
Nave: Whoa! Hold on, let me check that!

Nave kneels down and gently shoves SirFrog aside to inspect the cat himself.

SirFrog: Hey! ... *sigh* Is he gonna be fine?
Nave: Let me check that! But as much as I hate playing down this crucial moment, Simon and snorsorbet are still missing in action. You need to keep following them! That's important as well!
Drahcir: But... Phil...
Nave: I'm taking care of Phil! You need to catch up to them! Who knows what burnt through in snor's head! He might be dangerous!

Blue Phoenix takes a step back and grabs SirFrog's and Bamboori's arms, pulling them away from the crowd slightly.

Blue Phoenix: He has a point. We all care about Phil, but we need to make sure Simon and snor are safe as well. Which is why we must keep going!
SirFrog: I agree with that... but it's hard to leave him behind like this...
Bamboori: Understood! Let's *oof* keep going...!
Nave: What are you guys waiting for? Go already!!

During all this commotion none of them realized how close the black clouds had already come in the meantime. A gust of wind gives them a premonition of the storm that is about to come. Even though the immediate sky above them looks halfway clear the first few raindrops, carried along by the accumulating gale, find their way onto the friends' faces.

Blue Phoenix: All right, Nave... we're leaving this to you! Phil is in your hands! Now, let's go!

Not waiting for a reply Blue Phoenix dashes off, closely followed by Bamboori and SirFrog. Having slightly caught his breath again Bamboori manages to spurt ahead of his partners. In spite of trying to keep a good stepping rhythm he exclaims without turning around:

Bamboori: I believe they were just... *huff* following this path... *puff* I'll meet you there...

Nave, realizing Ian and Steiner took off as well, redirects his attention to Phil, but not without glancing up to the blackening sky first. There's not much he hates more than raindrops nudging the skin, single drops that manage to intercept his focus and reflexively make him look up to discern from whence they came. Even worse the gradual increase in frequency, up until the body does not further differentiate between the mass of single droplets.

Nave: Heh... a couple of hours my a**, SIR Frog...
???: Eh-ehm.

Fully startled he draws the blue torch from his belt and turns around swiftly, ready to strike at his opponent's weakest point.

Drahcir: Oh, hold up. That's not necessary.
Nave: Damn you... why are you still here?
Drahcir: Not good at running, pretty out of shape conditionally, and I really want to help Phil... the others can handle the rest.
Nave: Damn you and your gods... and your naiveté.

It isn't much longer until Simon reaches the farmland. He did lose sight and track of snorsorbet, partially thanks to the dark veil that has befallen the scenery, but his hopes of finding snorsorbet with the farm owner are yet to be buried. As he passes a large fenced-off area with some sort of stable or barn at its other end, he notices a figure sitting in a rocking chair on the porch of the farmhouse next to the west end of the fence. Upon getting closer, Simon perceives the figure to be a man in his mid-40s wearing a typical farmhat, well-built and displaying a rough black beard on his chin. He is casually rocking back and forth, holding a pipe to the corner of his mouth and suspiciously eyeing the mass of clouds rapidly approaching. When he notices Simon, he gets up instantly and reaches for an object behind his chair. Realizing his intent of defending himself from the strange intruder with the strange black clothes and mask, Simon decides to speak up before drawing closer.

Simon: Hold it, friend! I'm not... here to... *hh* harm you...
???: Who are ya and what are ya doin' out here?
Simon: I'm looking... for a friend who... ran off... rather short, blonde hair... couldn't have been... more than a couple of minutes... ago. *huff* *exhales*

The farmer walks down the few steps down from the porch and slowly approaches Simon, who now sees the farmer yielding a massive halberd in his hands. Mustering all his willpower to not back off, Simon takes a quick glance back the path he ran along, hoping to find snorsorbet here at the farm. In the distance, very faintly, he believes to recognize the movement of a silhouette, possibly the first of the group catching up.

???: Rory! Need assistance! Bring your 'Hornet'.

The farmer stops in his tracks a few meters in front of Simon, not pointing the halberd at him yet but clearly in a position ready for spontaneous combat. Both of them freeze into place, just staring at each other like in a Mexican standoff, while a few noises inside the house - dominantly footsteps - are heard. It's not that Simon doesn't feel like talking - he's just trying to regain his composure and to properly catch his breath. His vis-à-vis periodically glances around, wary of any other intruders that might be lurking around.

Simon: Sorry for startling you, Sir-

In this moment another door - not the front door - of the house bursts open and to the west side of the house another figure reveals itself, jumping out of the doorway and wielding a strange looking object in its hands. After doing a 360° turn the figure takes a quick reflexive step to not fall over from the quick dizziness.

Rory: Oops!

The farmer turns his head around briefly.

???: Heh. Ya really got a thing for these dramatic entrances, don'tcha?
Rory: Sorry, daddy. It's the most fun I can have in times like these!

Rory slowly approaches the farmer, glancing around to make sure there is no one else around. Simon is surprised to recognize Rory as a rather young but tall (not taller than her dad) and attractive black-haired girl, presumably still in her teens, with a dark and melancholic glow in her eyes as she examines the exotic black-clothed stranger before her. In her left hand she firmly grips a fancy homemade slingshot and wears a satchel on her belt that contains an unknown sort of ammunition.

Rory: So who's this guy? Hello!
???: I'm... not sure yet. He ain't -seemin- hostile, but ya never know.
Simon: Hello... Rory?
Rory: Yes, hello! That's me!
???: Careful, gal.
Simon: Hi! My name is Simon. I'm a ninja and I come from far away.
Rory: Ooh!
Simon: I am travelling with friends, but one of my friends suddenly ran off... and he must have ran past here, so I wanted to ask if you maybe saw him pass, or if he came to you.
???: Sure ya're friends travelling 'gether? The differences of ya... appearances... are pretty conspicious.
Simon: I know, I know... it's a long and complicated story and I don't have the time to delve into that.
???: Who's to say ya're not hunting tha' poor little boy down?

Simon realizes the farmer must have seen snorsorbet, referring to him as a 'boy' and mentioning their optical differences.

???: Hey. Do those belong to ya too?

With these words the farmer gestures to the eastward path. Simon notices that Bamboori is not too far away anymore, as well as Blue Phoenix and SirFrog being almost right behind him.

Simon: Yes... these are the rest of my friends. Rest assured, we mean no harm.

Like in a time lapse with Simon and his two opposites frozen in place, they watch the rest of the group draw near, bringing the black wall of clouds behind them with them. As soon as Bamboori recognizes Simon, he slows down to wait for the others, but also warily draws his small composite bow as he notices the halberd in the farmer's hand. Blue Phoenix and SirFrog catch up to Bamboori, and behind them Steiner carrying Ian on his back follows. Simon decides to reach out to them before any misunderstandings arise.

Simon: Hey guys! Put those weapons away. All's good.
Rory: Ooh! More visitors!

Finally the rest of the group catches up. First, they eye the farmer and his daughter suspiciously, but after some brief chatter, the tension dissolves.

???: Storm's abrewin'. Ya better watch out.

(BoK links currently not functional)

It's dawn. (8:27 AM, Day 8)
A black wall of clouds induces the tension of an expected heavy thunderstorm.
Thanks given by: Bamboori , STM1993
SirFrog: Peace to you, good sirs. There's indeed something strange in that there storm, and I'm afraid it's doing strange things to our companion, who dashed off. Please, let us explain.

(My friends, it's been eleven years since we started. This is, by far, the longest campaign I've ever played in.)
| Metaknight | G-types | Bottle Skinz | Companion Cube | Art Gallery |
"Do not grieve, it is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."
- Mr. Spock
"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken"
- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
Thanks given by: Bamboori
Hoo boy, here it continues, even if just slightly. Also is there still that RPG Discord, Bamboozleri?

SirFrog: Peace to you, good sirs. There's indeed something strange in that there storm, and I'm afraid it's doing strange things to our companion, who dashed off. Please, let us explain.

While the farmer introduces himself as Wally, he gestures the group to come inside his house. SirFrog quickly summarizes the recent events over a cup of tea.

Wally: 'tis not a good idea, lettin' ya friend roam around in these parts during the storm.
Blue Phoenix: Well, it's not exactly that we let him go...
SirFrog: Is there anything dangerous around here? Something that might hurt him?
Wally: Well... ain't so easy to be explainin' the stuff. Frankly I ain't want nothing to do wiz it.
Rory: Come on, daddy! They can handle it! They're adventurers!
Wally: You stay out of this, gal. Can't 'ford to lose ya when things are gettin' stirred up.

(BoK links currently not functional)

It's dawn. (8:38 AM, Day 8)
A black wall of clouds induces the tension of an expected heavy thunderstorm.
Thanks given by:
oh hey!
i believe i closed that discord quite some time ago.
at this point, i would rather see if we could have a fresh restart tbh. i have no idea where we are and what we were doing ^^'
Thanks given by: