Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont move on Stage
I want to make a Charakter in the stage mode that don´t can move or run but attack.
Sry for my bad English im German :confused:
Thanks given by:
Basically set every values from the running, walking, jumping, dashing etc. to 0 and then adjust every the first frame of each so it leads to the standing frames back again.

But then I'd more likely suggest making some sort of attack that acts like this "character" then...
Thanks given by:
Actually, what you can also do is creating an object with itr (k: 14) that surrounds that specific character. The char won't be able to move (except if he has no bdy, and the rowing-frames are usually used very rarely by the AI) and can just punch or use special attacks...
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
hm, no offence, but I think it would be useful to know why your char shouldnt be able to move - maybe we can give better advice then,....
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
He can´t move because he have no legs and he is only for stage.^^
Thanks given by:
In LF2 everything can move :p

Back to the problem...
Why do you want to make a character with those properties, you can't even exclude him from the character selection menu. You say, he is only for stage, I say, if he's a character, you can also use him in vs, 1on1, 2on2, and battle. I think, it'd be better just to take a type-3-object, and make it do random attacks.

Thanks given by:
I think I know what he means: Sometime swhile coding you need type0-objects, like when you want to use itr/kind 8 - bdy, I usually use frames in other characters then and activate via act: in stage.dat...
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
That was my idea, too... hold on...
*Lightbulb goes on*
I have the idea!!!!!!!!! :D

You have some extra-frames in an existing character. These run on state: 15 (I don't really know, if we can simulate a facing-change, like if he turns from left to right, with state: 5) because state: 15 doesn't have any movement, and as long as you don't put inputs there, the character won't accept any key inputs.

All righty, now, we need a second object, that'll align itself with the character via itr (k: 8), and will force the character to go to these frames any time he is done with an attack. Therefore, we need an additional layer (ex. y: 2000), where that forcing-thingy acts. Now, for the character: we need a frame, that loops (ex. 350). Now, in frame 350, there will be all the inputs for the attacks, like in frame 0 written. The only thing is, that hit_d and hit_j have to be 0 (so that our guy doesn't defend himself or jump). In frame 0 we need a new itr ad a new bdy. The bdy is responsible for the alignment of the forcing-thingy, whereas the itr (k: 8) will react to the bdy of the other object. Btw, since the forcing-thingy needs to be a character, too, you can just put it in our character as 351 and make it run on state: 14.
I'm not really sure if that works with just 0, maybe you also need to copy those two tags to 1, 4, 5, 8, 9. If the character moves in any special attacks, be sure to include the bdy, so that the forcing-thingy will align itself with the character.

That explains my method pretty much. I just hope, at least a second person understands my concept. I have no time to write any code right now, I'll have to go to an academics-contest.......

Thanks given by:
erm, wow, if I got you wrong you explained a method how characters can be played normal in VS and so, but in case of the appearence of a special type0 object in stage it'll move there and stay on this place.

Actually this makes me think of a funny thing: How to make the best fighter get frustrated? Send him a new cool fighter with an itr (k: 8) in every single frame and each dvx leads to the frame where it's noted to. So you can still run, jump, make special attacks - but dont move. Must look funny if a char runs but still stands on the place ;) - then shoot him with balls. ok, offtopic.

Some questions/Suggestions to yours: Why using state15? As far as I know there's not much difference to state: 3 - I would use this and therefore I definitly knows you can even delete hit_j and hit_d - he'll not move to any other frames then the noted inputs. For the itr (k: 8) you noted to bring the char in this no-move-frame: Suggest to pu it in Standing, Walking, Defend and Heavy_Weap_Walk or how the last one is called - then you can't stay out of it for long :p

Well, I'm not sure if the creator of the thread is still interested in this, well, hope so, anyways: moved to advanced...
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
MH_Razen Wrote:Actually this makes me think of a funny thing: How to make the best fighter get frustrated? Send him a new cool fighter with an itr (k: 8) in every single frame and each dvx leads to the frame where it's noted to. So you can still run, jump, make special attacks - but dont move. Must look funny if a char runs but still stands on the place ;) - then shoot him with balls. ok, offtopic.

I just have to warm this up again :p
Would be even more frustrating if there is a Bandit standing right in front of you (also not moving) and you need to hit him in order to advance (which is also not possible) to the next stage^^

Back to topic...
Well, I just wanted to save data.txt-space but bow I remember Rammichael's 1000-data-exe...

OK, well, then we can have a new character, and as soon as Silva finds that id-specific-stuff out, we can block him from character selection menu. And then, we could actually just make any moving-values in the bmp-part equal 0.

Thanks given by: