Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flash question
Guys, how can I C&P a sprite in Macromedia Flash 8 without the background? I mean, in paint, if you copy Davis sprite include the black background, when you paste it somewhere else, you could make the background disappear. But I can't do that in Flash 8. Does it have any feature can do this but I don't know about it?

I'm not really good at explanation.

EDIT: In case there is no solution, does anybody know any good swf maker?
Thanks given by:
Well, the way I do it is the following:
# Open the sprite in a graphics-program
# select a square around the character
# take the magic wand tool + subtract-seclection-option and click on any black part outside the char
# select inverse
# delete
# crop
# save as gif or transparent png
# import into flash library
# ?????????
# PROFIT!!!!!!

and, quite frankly, Flash 8 is a good program, why do you want another swf-maker?
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
I did a LF2 flash movie myself :)

I used Photoshop to do those sprites and saved them in .png format (it supports transparency). The problem with MS Paint is that when you delete the background it makes it plain white (255,255,255), not like in Photoshop. Photoshop makes it transparent (it's only neccessary for the layer not to be 'background').

So I don't know how to with Paint (if even possible), but with Photoshop (and maybe any other GFX prog) you select the black background and press Delete. Then Save As (I recommend png since they are small and good quality + supporting transparency).

That's how I did it...

The hideous thing is, you will need to cut each pose there is. But if you want I can send you.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
There's no transparency-option with paint, open a transparent file with paint and you'll see the transparency has turned black.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
I know I may be grave-digging, but I have 'nother Idea, a very stupid one...
Take a screen-shot and save in paint and VOILA!!!
If at first you don't succeed, you're probably not going skydiving again.
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2009, 01:26 PM)sadbhav Wrote:  I know I may be grave-digging, but I have 'nother Idea, a very stupid one...
Take a screen-shot and save in paint and VOILA!!!

That's rather a step-back of what no one first did.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: