Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
temporary transformation
im making a game and i need to know if there is temporary transformations so the perosn can transform and 30 seconds later he will trans back is is possible?oh and how long is a wait?and how many waits equel a second because i know it is not 1
Thanks given by:
all righty...
Dome explained the basic stuff in this thread: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=37

There are actually some more ways to create a limited transformation, but that one is pretty good.
About the wait-value:
1 TU = 1/30 sec., so
30 TUs = 1 sec.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
erm, actually this method suggested in the thread have a bug if you use this in stage. I think you want to use this temporary-transform as special attack, well, but if you do so and the transformed char went to next stage the ball which should make the transform-back is deleted, so I usually take an type 0 object, think with state 14 (lying if I'm right), so comps dont react on it.
I realised it on Kingdom LF2 as a powerup, but that's a long time ago :p
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
MH_Razen Wrote:...but that's a long time ago :p

yes, 8 long months... 8?! Holy cow, that's a loooong time ago^^

Dang, yes, you're right, you need to prevent the advance to the next stage... except... the transformed character creates new objects continuously that check if the char is transformed or not... when there is no object that'll backtransform him, then they'll make him transform back... just a thought...

Thanks given by:
oh thans blue phpenix that helped alot now i get it an can do it thanks
Thanks given by:
Blue Phoenix Wrote:
MH_Razen Wrote:...but that's a long time ago :p

yes, 8 long months... 8?! Holy cow, that's a loooong time ago^^

Dang, yes, you're right, you need to prevent the advance to the next stage... except... the transformed character creates new objects continuously that check if the char is transformed or not... when there is no object that'll backtransform him, then they'll make him transform back... just a thought...

well, objects created by the transformed char - actually if you want to transform into exiusting chars like I did with temporary julian transform this means julian will transform back in stage, too. So you have to create a new char where you can transform into :p
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
oh nowonder it wasnt working an i still have a question on the temp trans tut dome made where do i put the -1000...on the bdy?
Thanks given by:
argh, I just read the tut and well, I think this is way to complicated or unsure to work with crest here.

I suggest the following:

Char A start temporary transform move, he activate a hidden type0-object which has an itr/kind 8 - injury: 0 at y: 1000 the dvx-lead to the same frame so it's just a place-correction, the wait should be 300 (10secs times 30, so 300TU) and the next should lead to another frame which have a bdy at y: 2000

Not the CHar is transformed into Char B, whic is modified: Every frame has an bdy at y: 1000 and an itr/kind 8 at y: 2000. YOu can easily edit this char with editors like EditPadPro, just replace the tag with
bdy:
bdy_end:
itr:
itr_end:

THe bdy is just so the hidden type0-object can make the place correction. But when the next frame is activated, the itr/kind 8 in the CHar B is activated. The dvx here leads to transform-back frames.

Well, may be a bit more work, but I still prefer this method since the char is not hurt to transform back...

YOu can also add some kind of dc-tech, so the transform back is not started durung a special move and the hidden object is deleted while the char transform back...

My suggestion...
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
so your saying that when the transformed character with the bdy's y at 1000 and the itr's y at 2000 so when the type zero object goes to the next frame it will knock the character back to its normal for?(sorry for making this hard im only 13)
Thanks given by:
All righty, I just read through it...
The bdy's @ y: 1000 care for a place correction, the "type-0-object" (I prefer to call it backtransformer) could actually also strech over the entire background but then it could interfere with a second transformation....
This is why there is the y: 1000-layer; the backtransformer doesn't need to be very big, just so that Char B can't run away from it...

The layer @ y: 2000 is for backtransforming...
When the wait runs out, the backtransformer will go to the frame with a bdy at that place. When the itr (k:8) in the char overlaps with the bdy in the backtransformer, the char will go to a frame that'll transform him back.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks given by: