Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ik8-shield follows the char on y-axis
You all know that Itr/kind 8 go to the centerx of a t0-object when it hurts it and dvx work - well, so with this knowledge we could create shield looking like columns, but as far as I know there's stil the problem that the shield can't follow the char on y-axis.

Well, I guess you can make an itr chase the char on y-axis, too.

What you need to create is a small bdy (height 10) on y: 1079 (of course you can use other values :p, 79 cause of centery: 79), then your shield gets several ik8 values, one on y: 1079, the next on y: 1069 , y: 1059 and so on.

Depenging how high the char is over the ground, his bdy which is on y: 1079 normally will get other smaller values and so other ik8s will react on it, the other ik8 lead to a frame with the same ik8s to keep the shield height updated and show the shield-pic with a higher centery.

That's the idea, now it's up to you how you want to use it ;)

edit: I just realise a small bug in the image, the red line which tells this is y: 1079 should start in the left upper corner, not in the lower one :p

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
I thought of a different method, which only works for pre-known heights that the character is going to be, meaning if you know that the character will have a dvy of -XX, make a second itr kind 8 which leads to a frame that makes the chasing object have the exact same dvy: value. For jumping, it's a bit harder because the dvy: values are actually decimal-point values (like -15.5) or something, and gravity is 1.7 of course, so stuff like that the small bdy thing (except for the small "jump"s, it works nicely). only thing is it won't update so well if like, the character is hit by julian's D^J, and the itr kind 8s don't reach that high.

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
wow this is quite interesting, i could use this methods but for something else thanks.
[Image: variaboss.png]
SUPER B*NER: :3
Thanks given by:
aww... that explains why Nemesis Vegeance armor will spring if he jumps...
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
my question is, wouldnt there be a limit to how many itr you can put in each frame?
~its been a long time coming~
Thanks given by:
10 (bdy+itr) per frame...
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
ok
that sounds like enough. thats sounds awesome, i always wanted to know if it were ever possible to make it follow on y axis. hey wouldnt it look choppy like, not smooth?
~its been a long time coming~
Thanks given by:
depends how exact you work :p
but yes it'll always look a bit like this :p
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
well i didnt really understand itrkind8 but i am guessing if it hits a certin body it sends you a certain frame well thanks you taught me something
[Image: variaboss.png]
SUPER B*NER: :3
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2009, 07:36 AM)Madara Uchiha Wrote:  well i didnt really understand itrkind8 but i am guessing if it hits a certin body it sends you a certain frame well thanks you taught me something

well, you missed some details. The bdy must be from a type 0 object and the frame it goes to is noted in dvx (so this is an unusual usage of dvx :P)

For more go to mainsite -> DC / Frame Elements / Itr / kind 8
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by: