Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
[mod] Metal Gear LF2
(02-23-2009, 06:22 AM)Alectric Wrote:  weird...deleting those lines made it worse
the loading of ray takes 2 time more, then when it gets to rex, it either shuts the lf2.exe instantly or freezes and takes for ever to close.
what the hell is going on?
i hope you can fix this, maybe the rex.dat files are more up to date then ours?
im not sure how to read the temporary.txt, so i cant see the problem

It seems you already have LF2 running at the background. When the LF2 crashes, it doesn't unload itself from the RAM. Open Task Manager (right click on task bar at the bottom and select Task Manager). Select Processes tab and look for the image name LF2.exe. If there are multiple instances of LF2.exe right click on the name and select End Process and click Yes. That will free the RAM used up by LF2.

After you free up the RAM, could you please try to load again with the edited version of Rex.dat?
Be sure the beginning of Rex.dat looks like this
Code:
<bmp_begin>
name: MG_Rex
head: w\mg\rex_head.bmp
small: w\mg\rex_s.bmp
file(0-17): w\mg\rex_walk.bmp  w: 506  h: 348  row: 3  col: 6

walking_frame_rate 3
walking_speed 1.000000
walking_speedz 0.100000
Such that only the first spritesheet is loaded.

I can't fix the problem unless there are people with the problem cooperate with me. All of my computers at home doesn't have the problem.
[Image: vamp_run.gif][Image: banner2.jpg][Image: ocelot_trick.gif]
Metal Gear LF2. Feel free to play test at ^ (Project section)
Thanks given by:
I believe the problem is in the code not the sprites. I replaced all of rex's data with a normal characters data except for the <bmp_start> everything in between here <bmp_end> and the game loaded rex's sprites fine. I posted my pc specs on lf2.net forum but i'll post again here.
CPU: Phenom 9600 quad core OC to 2.5ghz
Ram: 4gb PC2-6400 DDR2 800mhz
Graphics: ATI Radeon 3850 512mb

Rex also doesn't work on any of my other computers. Anyways i like this project a lot and rex not working doesn't bring the mod's fun factor down.
Thanks given by:
Hmmm...
Wind, could you download your uploaded version by yourself and test it on one of your PCs? Maybe you have altered something, that causes the crash, but have still the old version or something?

Otherwise we should maybe check this itr thingy...
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
In case anybody needs it, there's a checklist available. Check if any of the posted points apply ;)
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=44&pid=49#pid49
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
I would think, we should check following points:
13. Really long frame names.
19. itr/kind: 8 with a negative dvx: value(like dvx: -200)
23. Unclosed tags like "cpoint" instead of "cpoint:"
24. Huge amount of tags in one frame {crashes occasionaly while loading}
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
Alright, I think it is the code then. It was the sprites before, but we already adressed it in version 0.1b. I will try to fix the code by taking out unesessary itr (I didn't noticed unclosed tags, can you tell me which frame it's in).
I have school today, I'll do the fix once I got home, I will like some testers to check if it works.

And yeah, I always test the game with the uploaded version, so the problem should be the code. Also we finished 70% of Raiden's sprite already, I will start making him this week, we might able to release next version soon :D
Thanks given by:
The fact that it works for some people(like me) and not for others should indicate that it's not one of these:
Quote:13. Really long frame names.
19. itr/kind: 8 with a negative dvx: value(like dvx: -200)
23. Unclosed tags like "cpoint" instead of "cpoint:"

Because errors like those would make it crash for everyone. It crashes either because the image files are to large, or there are to many tags.

Try putting rex on the first line of the data.txt, that trick sometimes works :D.

Edit: OMG! Just noticed that with the characters in this mode I don't have the sprite problem(lf2 doesn't flip the sprites correctly), but with the original lf2 characters I still do. I think it is something to do with the images! I think it might be possible to fix the sprite bug now which occurs in windows 7! You rule!
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
Okay, I fixed the code. Took out a lot of unnecessary itr. I don't know if it will fix the problem. I attached the new rex.dat in this post, anyone having the problem would you please help me test it?

Put rex.dat in "...\w\mg" folder

Attached Files
.dat   rex.dat (Size: 90.74 KB / Downloads: 116)
Thanks given by:
Can u send the actual chars???
how do i Free Play it??? All it says is your history of what u did???
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
hey wind, im not sure what you did, but it works now ;)
thank you!

EDIT: its quite funny having a team of mechs on stage 5 on crazy! ultimate pwnage
Thanks given by: