Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Java scripts
can someone explain to me how to run java scripts?
or java source code?
i got some code of the net for a game called "left 4k dead"
but i dont know how to run it, and i cant understand what google results give me
you dont need to explain how it works, just how to run it
heres the code:
http://www.mojang.com/notch/j4k/l4kd/ (click on "source code")

(and i do know HTML if it helps)
Thanks given by:
works for me just by opening the page. do u get a square-ish thing that fits nicely into the center of the page? if not, then either u have javascript disabled (try checking browser settings (If Firefox, Tools > Options > Content and make sure the Enable Javascript and Enable Java are both checked)). if they are, try updating your java version (get link from data workstation link in sig). actually i have a hunch that u have a quite up-to-date version (version 6 update 7 should be good enough). there's update 12 the last time i checked.

Azriel~
Thanks given by: Alectric
Looks to me like java. javascrpt != java. Just wanted to add this.

You need to have Java installed to have this website being displayed correctly. Oh, and you need to activate it in your browser in case you haven't. But it should display thingy correctly then.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Alectric
wehre can i get the java installed from?
i have firefox, and java enabled, but the code still is there and there is not box in middle of screen
so, what should happen is that the page(i supplied) should just run it automatically?
im not sure why its still not working.
what i tried doing is pasting onto a .java and .js file, but that didnt work either, should i have it open with a browser?
sorry for my lack of understandingrolleyes

EDIT:
OH found the prob...XD didnt have java installed...how embarrassing. it works fine now. thread solved!
thanks guys
Thanks given by: