Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Battle Mode
Hey everybody, my wish is that i could increase the number of the army in Battle Mode. Exp. the max number of a unit is 10 and of the reserve is 30... exp 10 bandits and 30 reserves of them. My question now is, how can I increase those numbers? So that i can have like 30 Bandits and 90 reserves of them? I hope you can help me guys, becuz i dont unterstand much of data changing.
Thanks given by:
That isn't data changing, that's HEX EDITING.
And that's WAY more complicated then DCing...
I disagree with that statement ~ Silva

If a mod could push this tread into the Hex-Section you will surely get some answers from that guys ^^
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
Assuming that you want to have the limit removed for 2.0, I moved it to 2.0-hex-section. Data Changing is impossible here.

Actually, if I recall correctly, removing the limits is quite easy. You need the program called "Cheat Engine". Set your limit to a certain value (in-game), search for that value in CE, change the value in game to something else, search again based on the previous results, and so on until you have only one entry left. But now I forgot how you'd continue :P
Am I actually on the right way, Silva? =P
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(03-16-2009, 02:28 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Assuming that you want to have the limit removed for 2.0, I moved it to 2.0-hex-section. Data Changing is impossible here.

Actually, if I recall correctly, removing the limits is quite easy. You need the program called "Cheat Engine". Set your limit to a certain value (in-game), search for that value in CE, change the value in game to something else, search again based on the previous results, and so on until you have only one entry left. But now I forgot how you'd continue :P
Am I actually on the right way, Silva? =P

eeer... well ... I dont understand quite much what you are trying to tell me sorry xD Ok... "Cheat Engine" thats 1 thing what i understand but, change what value? search for what? and what entry left? sorry but I dont understand much about it, can you tell me more exactly what I have to do?
Thanks given by:
by the way if u manage to nake it possible (30 bandits,90 reserve) i think the game would be slower!!
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
That depends on your computer, I could run lf2 with the maximum amount of objects(360 I believe) on the screen at a normal speed. Now I have windows 7, and it hates lf2 :p.

Cheat engine: http://www.cheatengine.org/

Download it, install it, run it, run lf2, press the computer icon in cheat engine and try to find lf2 in there( lf2.exe if you didn't rename your exe).

Go into battle mode in lf2, (with cheat engine)search for the amount of bandits you have,(in lf2) increase it,(with cheat engine) search next - for the new number of bandits... Repeat until you have like 1 address at the side, double click it.

It appears in the bottom bit of cheat engine, right click that, "what writes to this address/value/what ever" - I don't remember what it is off the top of my head.

A new window pops up, when you increase the number of bandits again, you'll see a line pop up. When you increase it over 10, a different line will pop up. Right click the 2nd line which appears. Look for something which says "Fill with NOPs" or "Replace with NOPs" . Basically anything which includes the word "NOPs" .

A 3rd dialog will appear, this time there will be some text in red. Firstly if you manged to follow my instructions, then the limit should be broken!! Now you just need to make it permanent. I don't really remember how to do this since I haven't used cheat engine in ages. There should be a button/right click option menu in that window some where which allows you to choose an exe. After you select lf2.exe a window will pop up which looks kinda like:

(1) blalbla
(4) blablalba
(4)blablabla
(5)blabla

etc etc, choose the one which says 1. Then press patch, or okay, or what ever. Try to use common sense, it should be pretty basic. Then it'll ask you where to save your new exe. Volia, that exe is patched with the battle mode limit removed.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
sorry.. do it a little bit slower for me please, I dont understand it quite well how to use that cheat engine in order to reach my goal of increasing the number of the bandits... how do you mean it by opening Battle Mode with (Cheat Engine) and search next for the number of bandits? I'm sorry but do you mind trying to teach me how to do it right? In slow and small steps?
Thanks given by:
Re-read the sentence slowly, and look at the commas.

1)Open up battle mode in LF2
2) (With cheat engine) search for the number of bandits.

Go into battle mode in lf2 >>> COMMA,<<<< (with cheat engine)search for the amount of bandits you have

Did you install cheat engine and try to follow the instructions ?

Here it is a excruciating(thanks I almost never get to use the word) detail:

1. Download CheatEngine
2. Install the program.
3. Open LF2
4. click on the computer icon at the top-left, and attach to lf2.exe at the way bottom.
5. Go to battle mode in lf2
6. Set the number of bandits to 1
7. Go to CheatEngine, type "1" in the Value box next to HEX, and press "First Scan"
8. Go to LF2, Set the number of bandits to 2.
9. Go to CheatEngine, type "2" in the Value box next to HEX, and press "Next Scan" (The button next to First Scan, might be called something else, just push it).
****Increase the number of bandits to 3, and type in 3 in the value box... Hopefully you get the idea now. Keep repeating this until there is only 1 address in the left hand side of cheat engine****
10. Double-click the address, and it will go to the bottom box.

If you still don't get it:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewforum.p...af652697ab

Or google for "game hacking"... And learn stuff. It really isn't to hard. I learned by pressing all the buttons really quickly and figuring out what they do.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: snake2005
oh yes i got it now thank you very much:) it works how i wanted it alright my problem is solved, so this thread is ;)
Thanks given by: