Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingdom-LF2 DC Tech - No Weapon
haha

im using sth way more easy right now

dropping an original item at the very end of the background (an area you wont reach) - lets say around 11 of them or more (at the beginning of the stage)
the game wont drop additional weapons when there are already too many lying around
Thanks given by:
YinYin Wrote:dropping an original item at the very end of the background (an area you wont reach) - lets say around 11 of them or more (at the beginning of the stage)
the game wont drop additional weapons when there are already too many lying around

:o
That's brilliant then!
Now also a very old DCing question of mine is solved too :D (I mean the one where a lot of knifes got dropped through a bug at the end of the stage and other weapon didn't seem to come.)
Thanks given by:
gotta experiment a bit more with it tho to see whether the effect gets lost when you stop coms from trying/being able to pick them up
Thanks given by:
It'd make sense if the weapons just appear after they've been destroyed, so even if the enemies pick them up, there shouldn't fall any weapons down...
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
uhm - yes, thats what im doing
<soldier> or times: 999 does the job - but maybe you dont want the opponent to have an infinite stack of baseball bats to pick up
Thanks given by:
(08-22-2008, 01:49 PM)YinYin Wrote:  uhm - yes, thats what im doing
or times: 999 does the job - but maybe you dont want the opponent to have an infinite stack of baseball bats to pick up

Hmm, I just got an awesome idea :P
What if you create a few dummies in stage mode whose only purpose is to opoint a weapon and hold it (so activating with 0hp, let them do their move and keep them in a stuck-frame so that they won't die)?

Thanks given by:
this too has to be done within the background range - and they will need to die to make a phase finish
type 5 might do the job instead tho (should be able to hide these perfectly with the weapon held far in the sky so it doesn even matter where you spawn it on the bg)

but as of now my simple method works - im dropping lots of beer at the end of boss 2 (stage 6-3) and i havent seen anything else drop at random during the whole scenario yet
and well im not going in far enough for coms to try and pick them up
Thanks given by:
wow, I actually thought that the stage-pass is regulated by the amount of enemies' hp =P

You could actually just use a barrier to totally prevent them from grabbing the beer...

Anyways, can type 5 really hold weapons? Well, that solves a bunch of probs... :P

Thanks given by:
any object can hold any other object
quintessence in most of my more complex work
Thanks given by:
Speaking of weapons holding weapons, is it possible to stack boxes?
(Check the 'platform technique' thread, it's just that i/k8 doesn't work on stuff other than kind 0 bdys...)
Check out my portfolio
Thanks given by: