Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transform into Chase-Ball
Talked to Angel Adam yesterday about this, and since I dont want to explain it on and on I made a tut and a study example - and it's just another problem which can be fixed with itr/kind 8 :p

The idea is very simple: The move start, you activate a normal (in this case indestructibility) chase ball - I copied John's Chase Disk and edited it, deleted out the bdys, deleted the timer, added an opoint in every flying-frame which activate a type-0 frame:

DC-Code:
<frame> 350 chase-place
   pic: 1000  state: 3005  wait: 2  next: 1000
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 0  y: 1000  w: 80  h: 500
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

This bdy correspond with the itr/kind 8 noted in stuck frame where the character ends after he activated the disk:

DC-Code:
itr:
      kind: 8  x: -500  y: 1000  w: 1000  h: 500  zwidth: 500  dvx: 303  injury: 0  
   itr_end:

now the character goes to a frame and moves with the chase disk - compleatly hidden of course.

DC-Code:
<frame> 303 transform
   pic: 1000  state: 3005  wait: 1  next: 303  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_d: 304  mp: -10
   itr:
      kind: 8  x: -500  y: 1000  w: 1000  h: 500  zwidth: 500  dvx: 303  injury: 0  
   itr_end:
<frame_end>

as long as the character has energy, the disk can fly, if the energy is down to zero, the character transform back into the character automatically, but he can also stop this earlier while hitting the Defence-Button.

Last thing you have to do is make the disk disappear - just add a new bdy (y: 2000 in the example) to the frame where the character ends after he transformed back. This bdy corresponds with another itr/kind 8 noted in the flying frames of the disk - and the dvx in there leads the chase ball to a frame where it delete itsself - that's all.

The Study Example is very rough, I didnt make any graphic adaptations...

LFE-Tutorial

Download Study Example

EDIT: Updated this Thread with the Advanced DC problems - and I think I need some new ones :p
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: KadajNoir , Angel_Adam , Alblaka
great.i knew this would comeout...
by the way i told u its state: 3005,or 3000
My Releases (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
erm, no offence but the state isn't what makes the char follow the disk, I just used 3005 to hide the object...
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
why dont you use a real transform ...
because you cant stop it by pressing a key?
Thanks given by:
you mean like 8215 (215 dennis chase)????
My Releases (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(04-23-2009, 02:56 PM)YinYin Wrote:  why dont you use a real transform ...
because you cant stop it by pressing a key?

erm, is this a serious question? if you transform into a t3 object you can't control the object, if you transform beck - either..
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
serious question
and serious reason - you cant stop on your own (or control for that matter)
but why wouldn you be able to control anymore after transforming back from t3? ... >.>
i would consider a short charged up chase attack you cant really control pretty cool - like sonics b move in brawl
you could have a fixed set of linear frames without loop and kind9 to animate an attack as soon as you run into an opponent - all ending with a retransform

edit:
(04-23-2009, 11:36 AM)MH-Razen Wrote:  added an opoint in every flying-frame which activate a type-0 frame:
why dont you instead make the disk hold that character frame like a weapon instead of having a rather laggy positioning due to opointing every frame (and possibly littering the screen with more new objects coming and going than necessary)
Thanks given by:
I once tryed it out and wasnt able to control it, maybe I coded something wrong, but I doubt - so you can try it again if you want and if I'm wrong we can trash this thread.

hold like a weapon? erm, not sure if I get you right, but as far as I know wpoint dont have effect in t3!? and for catching / itr/k3, cpoint - I prefer ik8, that's all, but I think you#re advanced enough to know there're always multiple solutions... :)
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
(04-23-2009, 07:48 PM)MH-Razen Wrote:  I once tryed it out and wasnt able to control it, maybe I coded something wrong, but I doubt - so you can try it again if you want and if I'm wrong we can trash this thread.

hold like a weapon? erm, not sure if I get you right, but as far as I know wpoint dont have effect in t3!? and for catching / itr/k3, cpoint - I prefer ik8, that's all, but I think you#re advanced enough to know there're always multiple solutions... :)
i never tried before - but as transforming into weapons or t5 and back worked without problems i assumed the object type really doesnt matter

okay i just tried it and it works - only that the chase functions get lost and still work as the D>A input (only tried 2 and 3)
so you actually do have control - but no chasing
thats even a better reason to not transform xD

wpoints too work in any object type - for both sides, holding and held - the positioning for your kind8 follow would be more accurate as the wpoint sticks to the object all the time - an opoint that isnt attached doesnt, its stationary or has a preset movement, which your invisible character follows - in case you want him to be visibly riding the disk or something of the like -and perhaps also be vulnerable- you should consider anything that makes the kind8 follow smooth
thats all im saying :p

sad that i cant make a character chase on its own tho ._.
have to try the other chases later
Thanks given by:
wow, now I wonder what I coded wrong :(

edit: sry I tried it now and modified the char so he can transform into the ball - and the game crashed...

if you could make this work with state 8000 I would please you to create a study ex :p
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by: