Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100% Friendly Fire Objects
Azriel
ok so this discovery happened by accident. Well I'll get straight to the point.

It is possible to have an object, that spawns other objects that are always in an "independant" team. By this, I mean that no matter what object you create, it will not be on your team. Let's say if you play a normal VS mode game, you and a friend both use Independent. Now when u do let's say D>A, the type 3 object that you create is still on your team. Even though you are in "Independent", you are not 100% independent, because it allows you to have your own opointed objects to be on your team and that's y you aren't damaged by them. Well I discovered a way to get past this. You can have independent objects spawning other objects in another independent team, so the opointed object hurts them as well.

Requirements for this to happen:
-The starting object MUST be in its own team like from the sky. It CAN'T be opointed by another object initially.

-The object has to be type: 3. Since you need the object to be from the sky, you can either
i) create a weapon and make it transform into the type 3 object when it hits the ground, OR
ii) create a weapon and make it opoint the type 3 object when it reaches the ground (yes you can opoint it for this case), and then make it disappear, OR
iii) make the type 3 weapon have one of the drop weapon IDs (100-199) and have it dvy: 170 on frame 0 and dvy: 550 on the next frame, and have it keep looping to frame 1.

- The state of the object MUST be 3006 when it is hit. This is essential for this to work. I tried with state 3000 and state 3. Both would just make the object join the team that it belongs to.

- On the "hit" frame, you can opoint a character (e.g. Julian) and then that Julian will be a completely friendly fire object. When he does D^J, he will hit himself.

- Now, another part that is essential for this to work is the itr that hits the object. Let's call the first object as Statue. The itr that has to hit the statue MUST have state 3006 as well to ensure that the statue goes to frame 20. This itr can be from any team.
I haven't tried state 9997 though that would possibly work. State 3005 doesn't work I've tested it. It would just make the spawned object join the team of whoever did the state 3005 attack.

Limitation(s):
- Not possible to be a friendly fire object yourself because u can't control someone who falls from the sky.

can't think of any more heh.

Video

tested with Julian and Firzen (took ages to get the comp Firzen to do D^J and explode on himself, Firzen's D^A all of the chasei and chasef-s have a 90% chance of hitting each other in mid air).

N.B. : If you have more than one friendly fire character on the field, they will still act as though they are on the same team (i.e. the computers don't target each other) but they can hurt each other.

p/s: if you want my Julian statue as a Download, I've put it in the projects and releases section. Click here for the direct link to the topic.

Azzy~

YinYin
hehe

i noticed that before aswell - when putting a character on id100-199
tho i didnt know that you can make him so independent that even his own objects will hurt him

lmao

Azriel
!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Discovered the real theoretical way for friendly fire objects. The object that is to spawn the friendly fire guy does not have to be in state 3006. There are 2 ways to achieve the friendly fire object

1) the method I explained above (that way the statue has to be in state 3006)

2) Read:
Just have an object (e.g. Gong) that will hit the statue to spawn the friendly fire object. The gong must be in either state 3005 OR 3006 when it is hit, and then in the hit frames make it have an itr that will hurt the statue to make it wake up ^^.

Now with this (method 2's) kind of control, we can have a time warp part of the storyline in the stage mode, where we at first use a frame of the gong that will make us have to battle all of the Little Fighter Heroes, then after that in the story we gain an item from them to show that we can go through time and then in the next stage part, we have a different frame for the gong to get hit and then for that one, all of the little fighter heroes join us instead of fight us coz we show them the item (in the story la).

So now there's 2 sets of data for u to download and look at.

Method 1
Method 2

I prefer method 2 coz method 1 blocks attacks from passing through the statues (well actually I just deleted the itr kind 14 in them heh). Method 2 has an unreachable bdy for characters, and the gong wakes the statues up (one hit coz I disabled the timer, but Julian's has a timer so u need to hit a few gongs (2 now I think)).

**edit
If you want the characters to be friendly fire, change the gong's state to 3005 in frame 1 and 2. But this way you have to use a strong attack to make it wake up the chars.

***edit
fixed method 2's statues so it can spawn from the sky. uploaded it.

Azzy~
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: