Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
char "darius" [release]
(You should still fix your sig... PAGESTRETCH)

I guess noone is going to flame ther both brothers for theire work.
The sounds are good, the sprites great and even a Readme is in and everything ^^ (though i'm a neat-fanatic, so i would like a really big, complete.informative Readme more, surely... but at least this char HAS a real readme ^^).

But there are two bad points on this char and i guess, it would be nonsense if we say "Hey, the char is great, all is fine..."

The DCing is pretty ok, but here and there are some minor bugs. THEREFORE we (or at least me) tell them EVERY SINGLE ERROR we (i) have found: How should they otherway fix them?

The other point is the overpoweredness we have seen in all of their chars up to now (Julizen, Angel_Adam and Darius). Therefore i can understand if people get harsh after testing the 1st char, telling them it's overpowered, testing the later 2nd one, still overpowered and then testing the biggest project and it's still (or even more) overpowered :/ They should maybe begin to listen to all the comments...

However:
Fix the mp/injuries, debug the little things and this is/will be a great char ^^
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
yay, nice work Freeza!
its well sprited!
he is still quite overpowered. his D>A move costs like 5 mana so you can take out a massive bandit army and only cost half you mana rolleyes
also where he kicks the guy into the air and shoots a beam, i was a bit disapointed with the beam, i thought it would be more like a bolt of lightning...

great char though, and fun to play!
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2009, 01:08 PM)JossuaDC Wrote:  Clickable: [DariusJMOD].
its ok that doesnt bother me...

1477: To sum it up, Darius was well received during its development. Why should it be flamed now that it has been released, especially now by great contributors of this character?.

thanks thats a touching speech..
to tell you the truth i think me and my bro rushed in finishing him cuz in two weeks i wont have time even to turn on computer (buisy) as far as i know there are no complaints for the sprites only dcing.....but dont worry i am gonna release a darius_1.5v soon but not now here is what it needs to be fixed:
.keep that crash move only fix centry in some frames
.cannon ball could make it state 3005 but it will be like a super arrow (unstopable)
.fix something with those lightning bolts move
.make the power up cost mp??is that what should i do
.remove that stupid detonate and make a hell move like those lightnig cols all over the screen ..
.bout that air dash maybe remove it and put a nice combo???
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
I would recommend:
-Fix all mp tags
-Remove Power-up
(and, like you said, fix the few smaller DC errors)
XD
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
I really don't like the new version
do the old version back
also what happened to the other cool stuff u were going to do for him? o.O
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2009, 02:54 AM)LutiChris Wrote:  I really don't like the new version
do the old version back
also what happened to the other cool stuff u were going to do for him? o.O
Noteable differences between my version and the original:
-Fixed all centerx: /centery: problems.
-Modified character movement for 'Lightning Bolts'.
-Changed opoint: coördinates for 'Lightning Bolts'.
-Merged 'Air Dash + Air Bang' and modified the properties of the column to get rid of being able to juggle enemies as long as you have mp.
-Synced the two lightning bolts for 'Lightning Explosion'.
-Added sound effects to 'Lightning Explosion'.
-Fixed a wpoint in 'Aerial Bang' (the merged version of Air Dash + Air Bang).
-Fixed some states in a move (state: 0 in a move? You sneaky basterd :P).
-Changed most injury/mp-values.
-Cleaned up the readme a little (but I kept some elements intact; e.g. the 'enjoy!!!' ;P)

I could've changed more (e.g. modify 'Darius Crash' to keep the ball from falling behind when hitting enemies), but I didn't want to destroy any work from Angel_Adam and prince_freeza (there's a limit between modifying and replacing - and it's important that you respect both the creators and the original data, imho).

I honestly don't know why you prefer the original, but I can send it to you if I get permission from either Angel_Adam or prince_freeza to do so (but I guess they have the original too, so they can send it straight to you anyway).

Darius is really fun to play with :D
He's a tad overpowered and the moves aren't complex (neither are those of the original LF2-characters), but the data is solid and the sprites are awesome.
You'll have to put a lot of thought into balancing Darius v.1.5 if you want him to be included in the Forum Mod though ;s
My projects:
=> Comet - LF2 ver.1.9/1.9c skin.
=> CRE - ComboRegenerativeEnemy.

Contact me if the links to my projects become unavailable.
Thanks given by:
I don't like Detonation.
Some times I accidentally do that power.
Also I don't like his face for the explosion.
The Ball goes on forever I was using LouisEx and had unlimited mp and kept on doing the push power on one of those balls that was going to kill me.
That ball that shocks people is sooo cheap Almost half your life down.
Other than that it was ok playing him.
I am back, not really.
Thanks given by:
congrats:

http://www.lf-empire.de/lfev9/en/lfe-fil...689-darius
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: