Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Reaper('s) stories
Hi everybody.
As I don't really know what do write in the forum novel and I want others to write in there too( and i didn't want to write another long story), I decided to post a new thread for some short stories of mine without any kind of connection( except that they are all written by me). I don't know how often I will have inspiration for one, but we will see.
So let's just start.
Enjoy!
and comment of course.

Why do you hate them?

Clouds filled every single space in the sky, veiling the sun. Dense rain crashed down on the cobbles and flew off down the hill. The street was painted in grey and blue and the sombrous Victorian buildings even strengthened that impression, together with the empty street. There had been rumors that vampires were out there and one a day like that... You could never know.
A man in a black coat solely wandered down the street. He hided under his hood to have as much protection against the rain and wind as possible. Like a shadow he skirred along the walls, having a short glance at every of the nameplates.
Finally he found what he had been seeking for and disappeared in one of the biggest and darkest buildings.
The old wooden steps creaked as he slowly went upstairs and stopped in front of a giant two-winged door. He knocked. Once, twice, three times. The sound could be heard all over the building. Finally the door opened as if by an invisible hand. Of course a butler was standing somewhere in the shadows, but the effect was still very impressing.
He stepped in, not looking to the sides where paintings lined the corridor. Soon he reached the door to another room. It was left open and he went in. On the other side of the room another man was sitting behind a table, preoccupied by some kind of document. As he reached the table, the other man looked up and smiled.
“Ah, mister Smith from the TIMES, aren't you? Take a seat. What can I do for you?”
Mister Smith did as said and took of his hood, showing an edgy pale face with blue eyes. He took a briefcase from his coat and pulled a document out of it.
“I assume that you are mister Wilkins, the inspector who arrived here to rid the citizens of the vampires.”
The other man just nodded.
“You might know that there have been many executions of vampires lately, for every conceivable reason. Murdering, bloodsucking, stealing... Our readers really want somebody to find out what is the reason for that.”
“We don't know. For the last five years, since the vampires arrived at the first time, there haven't been any incidents at all. Although you can never know whether the vampires have planned all this.”
“So what has happened?”
“For about a year some of the citizens have had a vague feeling that something was about to come. Nobody gave much about that. Until two weeks ago.”
He made a dramatic pause until an annoyed expression appeared on mister Smith's face.
“Two weeks ago we found mister Taylor, our landlord, dead. He was drowned in a barrel of his own beer with blood colourising it dark red. He had a big scar in his neck.”
“How did you know that his death was caused by the vampires?”
“Someone, I don't remember his name, had seen one of the vampires coming out of the pub with blood on his teeth. When he told the others about it, they were so enraged that they hanged the vampire.”
“Without any trial?”
“What would that have been good for? Of course that bloody vampire was guilty. They hate us, all of them. They are just waiting for an opportunity to kill us, to suck all of our blood. They conceal from the sun because in the light we can see their face full of hatred and lies.”
“So, why are you still here? Isn't justice served?”
“Out there in the shadows, some are still hiding. Waiting for the right moment to find another victim. They have no remorse.”
“Why should they randomly kill people?”
“Are you joking? They just hate all of us. They think they were better than we are. All they are seeking for is blood.”
Mister Smith looked at him with sad eyes.
“Why do you hate them?”
The other man was stunned by the unexpected question.
“Why do you ask?”
Mister Smith smirked and showed his teeth...
A few minutes later the man claiming to be mister Smith came out of the building. It was already late evening. He wiped of the blood on his mouth and disappeared in the darkness.
On that evening a new opportunity for violence had occurred.

do not read before finishing the story (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Do not click this if you haven't read the whole story (Click to View)
Hi there! I like writing stories, and playing lf2 mods.
This is the current stories I'm working on.

Thanks given by: Reaper