Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Canisiur Edufair 2009
! 
This is a real story of me & my friends.

Canisius Edufair (Education Fair, Canisius is my school) 2009 is an event that is intended to allow the students from everywhere to find information about universities and faculties and even scholarships that are suitable for them to continue their study.

In the opening and the closing, I and more than 500 of my friends did "ondel-ondel", a Jakarta culture. Our costumes with the very variated colours shone brightly below the sunshine of 11:00 AM.

We were suffering from the heat, but this is a once-only-in-lifetime event, so we keep hanging on. The MURI (International Record Museum) announced that we were on the history for the first to make more than 500 ondel-ondel (exactly 615). We do it fantastic-ly that the governor of Jakarta gave our school and 10 of us award with total of Rp 11.000.000,00 (about US $1100).

After the 'Ondel-ondel', some of our friends (not the ondel-ondel participants) do the 'Tai chi', another Jakarta culture that is born from chinese. I didn't watched it so I cannot tell anything about it, but we were changing our costumes at that time, because we were going to show the 'Betawi' martial arts (Pencak Silat Betawi). (ps: betawi = jakarta).

We changed into black shirt with the title 'Cingkrik Goning'. This martial art starts from the legend 'Si Pitung'. Then the martial art separate into 'Cingkrik Goning' & 'Cingkrik Linin'. We were doing the 'Cingkrik Goning'.

We do the martial art show very well that we show the power when we didn't really use our power (lol, but that is the truth - we must do it without power but show that every move uses power).

The martial art show wasn't as good as the very spectacular ondel-ondel, but the governor, Fauzi Bowo, also said that this is fantastic. We didn't get any award though xD. I was just hoping too much.

With this show we also broke the MURI record with 613 betawi fighters.
We are very proud to be able to do all that things, and also because the governor of DKI Jakarta, the capital of indonesia, even though the governor is busy, wants to come to our fair and talk some on the podium, praising us xD.
TEMPE
Thanks given by: