Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
[READ!]Posting a thread in Projects - The right way
I'm getting sick and tired of all people who don't follow the Projects & Releases Rules and fail to provide their respective threads with vital information.

In hopes that I would get less pissed off in the future, I decided to write this tutorial that shows how should your thread look like.
Let's begin then, shall we?

First, a small note:
-I partially referenced of Alblaka's style of creating threads (simply 'cuz I find them awesome). So thanks, Alblaka :D

And finally, we get to the actual tutorial:

Step 1 - Title:
Please use tags ([something]), like [Mod], [Char], etc. That makes the reader know what the thread will be about.

Step 2 - Introduction (optional):
Write something like what inspired you to work on your creation, some points why should we download it, maybe a background story...

Step 3 - Description:
Basically what does your piece of work include.
Examples:
-Mod: What are the chars like, new gameplay tweaks, movelist,...
-Char: Movelist, moves description, gameplay description,...
-Background: Background attributes (animations, parallax scrolling),...

Step 4 - SCREENSHOTS (vital):
Probably the most important part in the thread.
You know what it is said, a picture tells you more than 1000 words...

When making screenshots, consider these:
-Make them appealing.
-Post at least 5 (even more for a mod, for a BG one is enough)
-Make sure they are clean: PNG, only LF2 screen (we don't care about your desktop),...
-Don't give links, post them directly in the thread (spoilered).

Step 5 - Download:
Upload your work on a hosting site, don't use attachments if it isn't necessary. Also make sure the hosting site is English.
Hosting sites list.

Step 6 - Credits:
If you got any help, just note their names and what they did for you.

Right, that was about it. If you use this form you will almost certainly not fail with your thread.
Don't worry, be happy, mod LF2, do your best, this is sparta,...cya :D

Complains and questions about the tut?
Post here.
First of all i completely agree with Step 1 (that does bug me)
The rest sound reasonable but there are some that still ignore or are not able to find this and the other important forum rules...
but i guess thats me just blabing cause i can't think of anything else positive or criticle in my part...
doesn't rly bother me too much... u basically did a good job at explaining
the reason why i mentioned the above statement was because they might as well still do it if they didn't already read the forum rules...
just saying...
but u nvr know cause i am wrong at times... :)
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
Mostly it bugs me that people don't add screenshots :/ Thank you for making this thread, maybe now they will ^^
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I know that if people don't follow the rules they will most likely not look into this kind of thread too...
But still, it makes me feel better if I know that I at least tried to make the situation better.

Oh well, maybe people will follow this thread anyway, given that it is a step-by-step tutorial for dummies :D
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry that there are over 50 imagines in my thread...
Decompiled functions: [documented] Functions decompiled
Decompile lf2.exe project for documentation: https://github.com/xsoameix/lf2
Decompile lf2.exe project for implementation: https://github.com/xsoameix/openlf2
Once any function fully engineer reversed in documentation project, then we implement it in implementation project.

lf2 data structure: Updated spreadsheet, many changes made by o_g349/xsoameix, I have two different nick names.

A old project: lf2-MS
Thanks given by:
(12-28-2009, 10:31 AM)o_g349 Wrote:  I'm sorry that there are over 50 imagines in my thread...

No one is complaining about your thread. Your thread is the pinnacle of EXCELLENCY in terms of printscreens. Don't you worry about a thing. Keep up what you're doing :P
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by:
It's okay, just put the in spoilers to make the post more organized.
Lol, while some people don't post any picture at all, you do exactly the opposite :D

Edit: This time you beat me...xD
And 1992 rulzz, high five :D *referring to your kewl sig*
Thanks given by:
Thank god for my Elite ninja skills -
*makes the hand motions*
*twirls around to turn into leaves*
*disappear without a trace*

And yeah, spoilers should do a lot better :P

Yes, 1992 FTW
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by:
Basically you can screw everything that is stated in the thread, as long as you just post a picture.
Thanks given by:
(12-28-2009, 11:20 AM)Lauli Wrote:  Basically you can screw everything that is stated in the thread, as long as you just post a picture.

Not entirely but... well yeah pretty much. Worthwhile thread huh? :P
Thanks given by: