Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Char | Boomer [Released]
0.o wow that seems... weird, but nice idea, although i personally think boomerangs better for throwing xD... ok to create a boomerang... should i explain? pm me. as for throwing and returning it to you, you might want to turn it into a t3, t3s don't experience gravity.
[Image: UB2.gif]
FrozenFiren|Devid|Sprites

News of the day 19th Sep 10: Someone's back on track
Thanks given by: SparK
(03-19-2010, 07:00 AM)forgetlatios Wrote:  0.o wow that seems... weird, but nice idea, although i personally think boomerangs better for throwing xD... ok to create a boomerang... should i explain? pm me. as for throwing and returning it to you, you might want to turn it into a t3, t3s don't experience gravity.

dude... that part is done already

I will see what i can comeup with using cpoints and itrs to pick the weapon, either while attacking or defending.
[Image: bilxvzqm0a6dmcc6c.png]
by firzenX's graphics shop

my spriting attempts | Char: Boomer
odBearBecauseHeIsVeryGoodSiuHungIsAGo
chishio: "The only limitations in life, are those imposed by yourself and the laws of physics." - learn parkour or join the matrix (either will set you free from physics).
Thanks given by:
man i'm confused... 0.o...

Thanks given by:
ok, let me do a list:

chishio: "The only limitations in life, are those imposed by yourself and the laws of physics." - learn parkour or join the matrix (either will set you free from physics).
Thanks given by:
(03-19-2010, 08:01 AM)SparK Wrote:  ok, let me do a list:
oh i see... for the pick boomerang in midair, only way to do it is either to do really complicated dc-ing to create a self chasing t3 or stay stationary and it will fly back to you(or at least look like it)
-custom graphics and animations, look for a spriter who can help you OR use recolored sprites- prefer recolored sprites as it's easy, use Paint.Net, free! btw if you want, i can (probably) make a fire-boomerang sprite+data for you

Thanks given by:
well, the idea is not that it flies back, but simply catch whatever hits you or something...
I don't want to overpower this char, so no fire nor ice.

edit:
I have put a DJA move that costs 300
it throws another kind of boomerang with high damage but that has a smaller guidence.
you offered your help and I think I will accept it. Can you draw a family size rock boomerang? (ok, not that big but kinda bigger than the common one). it looks weird for the char to use the heavy_throw animations for a small plastic yellow boomerang :/

Thanks given by:
Let me say it straight.
-It has nice moves
-It has nice idea
-It's not overpowered (maeby?)
-It has sugar

So why not download link? Maeby Beta, or thing like that. I would definately add him to my lf2. Awesome!

And actually... it gave me an idea I could use in HW. Thanks :)
Thanks given by:
worry not simeneon, forgetlatios is helping me with the different boomerang kinds
char is not overpowered, i hate overpowered chars, unless they have nice effects along with the move. (mine has no effects :/ so no overpower)

[off-topic]
- I noticed you like sugar but i don't understand your expression completely, yet...
- I inspired ideas?! can you tell me? =D (i understand if you can't)
PM PM PM PM PM !!!! - Simoneon

edit:
oh btw, almost forgot
if i get someone to sprite me a big rock boomerang char will be finished in no time.

Thanks given by:
^^ yes you do have good ideas, i never would have thought of a boomerang char:D
as for rock boomerang, think logically, would a stone boomerang fly?0.o so try a aluminum boomerang- more realistic.
offtopic:
Simoneon, what does it has sugar/do you have sugar mean?
DO YOU HAVE PAINT?
PM PM PM PM PM PM !!! - Simoneon

Thanks given by:
As for making the boomerang catchable in midair, what if you made a very high bdy for the boomerang using the same kind as a weapon on the ground, and a constant itr at the same height for the character, that picks up weapons. I'm a bit out of DC'ing practice, so I don't remember the exact numbers that would be required, but I think the concept should work.

EDIT: Here are the things to use, found off of the mainsite: state 1004 for the boomerang (put the bdy way up high, above the screen, and the damaging itr at normal height), and itr kind 2 for the constant itr the character has on all walking frames, standing frames, etc. I hope i'm explaining this well enough.
Henry David Thoreau Wrote:
Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine.
Thanks given by: