Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Char | Boomer [Released]
Good news!

Seen as nobody could draw a stone boomerang I decided to leave that move (seeing as fire boomerang was already good enough).
I did that in order to be able to release the char!

[Image: boomerf.png]
Moves:
DvA = Takes boomerang from pocket.
DvJ = Takes boomerang and sets fire.
D>A = (DvA) + Throw*.
D>J = (DvJ) + Throw*.

*During the throw you can press jump in order to the boomerang to go up instead of straight forward, like when you throw the boomerang in a high angle to the right (the ones who have a boomerang will understand).

Installation and other stuff is on the readme.txt/leia-me.txt

Boomer.zip is attached

Credits go to forgetlatios for the fire boomerang and yinyin for the mid-air grabable boomerang
in the next version I will add the automatic grab thing from Bamboori (thnx Alblaka for translating what he said)
related thread: link

Attached Files
.zip   Boomer.zip (Size: 110.07 KB / Downloads: 417)
[Image: bilxvzqm0a6dmcc6c.png]
by firzenX's graphics shop

my spriting attempts | Char: Boomer
odBearBecauseHeIsVeryGoodSiuHungIsAGo
chishio: "The only limitations in life, are those imposed by yourself and the laws of physics." - learn parkour or join the matrix (either will set you free from physics).
Thanks given by: Bamboori , klodasmone
you should add more attacks, like doing a combo using the boomerang and summoning different kinds of boomerangs (like one freezes, the other burns, the other chases longer, the other is faster).
also, creative idea for a first char :)
Thanks given by:
First of all welcome. It's nice to see so many new members who actually have the patience to really work on a character.
Well, I can't say much about the character without screenshots or a download links, but it sounds like a nice idea.
If you need some ideas:
- faster boomerang
- fire/ice boomerang, leaving flames or freezing the enemy
- triple boomerang: throwing three boomerangs, but letting them disappear after they hit the ground.
- combos, like the boomerang goes right and left and right etc... and every time a bit higher, taking the enemy with him( pretty much similar to the hellmove about 50% of all rudolf modifications have.)
- I don't know... Maybe a boomerang that follows your character for a certain time( flying around him)? I'm not sure how that would work best though. Probably it would require some rather difficult DC-work.
Anyway, good luck with your char.
Btw: 150 mana costs sound a bit much to me.

Edit: NOOO! Ninja'd :D
Thanks given by:
one thing i forgot: maybe boomer isn't really fitting to the char, i mean he doesn't do any "boom!", does he? :P
what about something that sounds more clever, assassin-ish... you know what i mean :D
Thanks given by:
always nice to have a new dc-er :D i'm new too. hope your 1st char turns out better than mine (which sucked xD) btw i agree with reaper- mp cost too high! my suggestion:
click this to view the suggestion (Click to View)
edit:maybe call the character... uhh joey? coz boomerang=>australia=>kangeroo=>joey :D
[Image: UB2.gif]
FrozenFiren|Devid|Sprites

News of the day 19th Sep 10: Someone's back on track
Thanks given by: Bamboori , Alblaka
plus, if you make the weapon's hp very low, it can be "blocked" if an enemy hits it -> instant break. could be an idea for weak boomerangs
Thanks given by:
Lol ^^ I thought i was going to find a big, exploding zombie here :D

However, nice idea with the boomerang. Though mp is may to high and actually the throw shouldn't cost more then the summon (It's not really a big deal with mp-use to just throw a boomerang, is it?)

Btw, if i'm not wrong your guy uses the boomerang as a casual weapon (Run+A=Run-Weapon-Attack, not throw)?
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(03-18-2010, 04:32 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  Lol ^^ I thought i was going to find a big, exploding zombie here :D

However, nice idea with the boomerang. Though mp is may to high and actually the throw shouldn't cost more then the summon (It's not really a big deal with mp-use to just throw a boomerang, is it?)

Btw, if i'm not wrong your guy uses the boomerang as a casual weapon (Run+A=Run-Weapon-Attack, not throw)?

actually he throws it, just like the bandit...

I'm having problems making the fast boomerang, do you guys know what do i have to change? (on the boomerang, not on the char)
for now i will change the char but i would like a boomerang that comes back faster. :/

edit:
i found out that id 124 flies right, any other id you set falls too early.
fixed by adding a dvy: -1 each 4 throwing frames :/

my current problem now is that i want to be able to punch the boomerang and pick it up =D
but i can't be on state 1002 and 1004 at the same time, can i?

chishio: "The only limitations in life, are those imposed by yourself and the laws of physics." - learn parkour or join the matrix (either will set you free from physics).
Thanks given by:
SparK Wrote:i found out that id 124 flies right, any other id you set falls too early.
fixed by adding a dvy: -1 each 4 throwing frames :/

my current problem now is that i want to be able to punch the boomerang and pick it up =D
but i can't be on state 1002 and 1004 at the same time, can i?

0.o if i'm not mistaken, you want to throw it as your normal attack? if you want to pick it up, just adjust the weapon drop hurt stated earlier to something like 100 so that it won't be destroyed when it hits the floor, and adjust the hp as you wish.
warning, if you flood the floor with boomerangs, eventually you won't be able to throw boomerangs, lf2's engine can't take so many weapons on the screen, causing it to 'prevent' creation of more weapons or similar (clarify, dunno what actually happens)
[Image: UB2.gif]
FrozenFiren|Devid|Sprites

News of the day 19th Sep 10: Someone's back on track
Thanks given by:
no, boomerangs are a skill
and i would like this kind of boomerang to be catchable in mid air :/

i can think of 3 aproches:
a single frame in state 1004 (ground/pickable) and the other ones in 1002 (throwing/flying);
special itr on the char destroying any type 1 object and generating a copy on hand;
special itr that picks it up in mid air(?)

on 1, everyone would be able to pick the boomerang in midair
on 2 and 3, boomer would be able to pick every item in mid air (unless somebody can make an "if(id!=125)return;" thing...)

Thanks given by: