Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Contest #9: Writing challenge
(04-24-2010, 12:47 PM)Reaper Wrote:  24th of April today, just two days left. Where are your entries? A few more would really be nice. Or is there anyone who would write something if we extended the deadline a few days?
Me. I'm in the contest. So please, please please (x100) extend the deadline!
Yes, I'm atm writing my story now... using word.
Sorry, haven't noticed this ago... must have missed it.
[Image: abstractdaad.png]
Graphic Stuff|Tania|Indo Fighter|Sprites|Comics|
News of my days: My graphics skills will go better. Eventually...
Thanks given by: Reaper
*coughs* deadline will be extended, wise cat just decided soo.. i mean even if magnamancy is not able to finish his one and i haven't even started, bp's/ramond's entries are nowhere to be seen..
That's a sign. A sign to extend the deadline.But how long do you guys need? 2-3 days? one week? a month?
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
Give us a week. Albeit the shortage of time this upcoming week on my side, I should be able to squish it inbetween. 1 week is a good compromise in general ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Damn you wise cat!
I thought i'd have a chance with my current one if noone else will have time to polish theirs
but now i'll have to makover my one >.<
Thanks given by:
kayz extended by something like a week..
oh and hacker why damn me? it just gives you a higher percentage of winning :P
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
I'M READY FOR THE WRITING COMPETITION!
I DUNNO WHY, BUT THE STORY'S TOTALLY HUGE, 1188 WORDS FTW!
I think that you'll die reading it ;) (Click to View)
Hope that would make sense to everyone...
Thanks given by:
Big thingy i am reading every time even if i've read it before Wrote:Where are the Creative Minds?
They're sleeping!
Do not disturb! >.<

so
i guess i am not able to read anyones story so i don't know on which rank i am currently
will try to make a better one
Thanks given by:
@Hacker: +1 & what do you mean by "reading others' stories"? You can read anyone's to inspire you. (Just one thing, don't copy others' ideas)
@Topic: Ehm, just want to know, is there any other rules? (Italic font usage, word limit etc)
You know, I think I use some italic font and too many words >.<...
Thanks given by:
There is no problem with italic font. In fact I wouldn't have problems with any kind of font as long as it's readable. There is no wordlimit, either. Only think you have to take care of is that you write more than 200 words, which shouldn't be a problem. However, some people might not read the entire story if it's too long. I think I got around 950 words (beginning included).
Btw@Tania: I haven't read your entire story yet (will do when voting starts), but though it's detailed and fluent, I'd like to state that you tend to use the same words/ phrases quite often. If you read through it, you'll see that some sentences directly following each other start or end with the same words which sounds a bit strange. Not everytime, but just have a look at it while rereading the story. Other than that you seemingly have done a pretty great job (as I said, haven't read all of it yet)
Thanks given by: Taniaetc
I only hate one thing about this contest, you have a small choice and that you have to pick them. In my opinion I like when there are more freedom in your writing or at least the only thing is that there is a specific genre that you have to write your story. The beginnings are good just there only two of them and they sound depressing. WHEN WILL THERE BE FUN.
I had no clue why I wrote that (probably my excuse of writing bad). But yeah the beginnings are good just that.
Back to contest topic.
PEOPLE READ OTHERS WRITERS WRITING AND MAKE BETTER, LOOK WHAT THEY DID GOOD AND GET AN IDEA OR TRY TO MAKE YOUR LOOK SIMILAR BUT BETTER. THAT IS ALL I'M GOING TO SAY.
@Hacker/not so much in writing like me people: Read others, this is like a sprite contest, just you write instead of drawing. So yeah read others if you have time and your not lazy like Kay. Reread yours check mistakes and rewrite to make it look better.
P.S. I'm going to fail this because I had put horrible effort into the end and this contest.
I am back, not really.
Thanks given by: