Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutorial suggestions
my face--> Facepalm
as in the CHAR's sprites, not the weapon. when he swings the weapon.

Flame shields are at 100%. This thread is for suggestions only now. (not targeting you specifically, just your post was handy at the time) ~ Alectric
[Image: UB2.gif]
FrozenFiren|Devid|Sprites

News of the day 19th Sep 10: Someone's back on track
Thanks given by:
Well, gonna do a tutorial with "objects in move" - motion "shadow", character locomotion...
I'll try also the face making tutorial.

I would like to see:
•Real LFish breathing tutorial
•Glowing effect tutorial
•Ball drawing tutorial

I mean I would like to get them in LF style, the final sprite should look like original lf2 sprites.
Thanks given by: LutiChris
^ thanks gad ;D
at least he got it (fully)...
a tutorial about tools (as in spriting tools.. like brush etc) would be nice. Telling the people all of the nice features and what you can achieve if you use it rightly.. I think certain tools have a lot of potential.. but nobody uses them.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
how bout a tut on different unfamiliar/unusual programs...
such as Adobe Flash, Illustrator...? :)
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
wowzy

i might actualy do some of them now that i know the demand ... haha

alec could you gather and sort all suggestions in the first post (and also add links to tutorials that fit the request)?
would make finding and suggesting things easier

kk, ill do it now.

EDIT: k, check now ~ Alectric
Thanks given by: Silverthorn
posted sprite detailing tut and will post

(05-06-2010, 08:54 AM)Gad Wrote:  •Real LFish breathing tutorial
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by: Alectric
As a suggestion, Prince_freeza requested a i do a hair shading face pic tutorial. I made this sprite to see if i was rusty or not. I think 'not' is my answer.
[Image: facepic.png]

should i make a tutorial to make face pics like that ^
Thanks given by:
I for myself find BP's walktrough (http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=2915) to be sufficient, but for newcomers it might be a bit too fast. So why not? Would be nice to see some more people doing good face-pics.
And your definitely not rusty :D Only things I would change is making the outlines thinner and maybe the iris of the eye a bit bigger.

good point, ill take that into consideration when i make the tutorial. I also loved BP's tutorial, but that i guess is laziness for ya :P ~ Alectric
Thanks given by:
Yeh, the outlines got a little too strong and a bit edgy (especially around the chin). Don't know if it was intended or not, but other than that, it's looking pretty sweet :)
If you're planning to do a tut -- why not? ;)
Thick lines are my style bro ~ Alectric
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Got two possibles as responses to suggestions:

Bamboori's Ball Spriting Tut - http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=4384
My Character Base Making Tut - http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...5#pid91605

Hope this helps Alectric :P

Alectric edited this post 06-03-2010 07:54 AM because:
oh, well that is kinda helpful, but this is a thread to suggest tutorials people want to see, rather than ones that already exist.
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by: