Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BG] ^Arx Leviathanis^ updated 02/06/2010
@Chishio
Thanks and I sincerely hope this gets your gears all fired up (= both in LF2 modding or even the sprite contests

@Eddie
Yeah, I bet it's like devouring your first chocolate :D

@pf
thanks! ;)

@Alectric
haha. Don't take offence, love your work here and I've gotta say you kept the forum alive, but I need some stage antics :P

@chase123
probably when I see someone else releases another background, then I will. I also need the inspiration, raw material etc ;)

@BP
>We all love you, Marshall
except Ramond, who hates me like sevenfold *sobs*

@snorsorbet
dig the feekback. thanks!
>The ground you're fighting on isn't blending well enough with the absolute darkness of the rocks further away
don't quite get what you mean though...
>The flags are moving as if the wind was blowing as never before, while the bamboo in the front is completely static
damn... guess my Godzilla impersonation failed a bit here... I'll see if I can slow down the flags, maybe it will be better
>The fire has 'dark areas', which make it look artificial
mhh... that's the best flames I can find for the pair of dragon heads... so I cannot do much about it >:

@all
once again, warm and heartfelt thanks for the flattery. happy LF modding ;D
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
i expected the big stone neck in the background to actually move in the background - unmoving it seems stuck to the wall in front of it (its much further away than the big head on the plain image)

you could rise the wooden tower things a bit so we can acutally see some more of them
and also the sky background cause the mountains would really add to the scene

why are the flags facing each other? wind coming from both directions? oh well - the flag-bamboo problem is more distressing

the right fire breather cold move seperatley from the foreground to add depth

i also think the ground you are standing on could use a bit more perspective to fit with the ground behind it (making the front wider)

and whats up with the ^ ^

(05-27-2010, 02:07 AM)Marshall Wrote:  >The fire has 'dark areas', which make it look artificial
mhh... that's the best flames I can find for the pair of dragon heads... so I cannot do much about it >:
you can increase the opacity near the bright center and decrease it towads the dark outline
be careful to preserve the shape tho

not bad but a bit too thin and too much of a distraction for my liking - not going into my permanently installed bg collection :p
Thanks given by: Apocalipsis
haha YinYin. To get a "not bad" from you is better than having ecstasy already lol Most of my stuff has never really got your particularly impressed as far as I recall.

can't thank you enough for your extremely concise critics. I won't be able to solve all, but I'll see what I can do about a few of them.

>and whats up with the ^ ^
(05-25-2010, 09:25 PM)Phil Wrote:  and also you should put happy into the bg title (language is meaningless)

The Lost Global Mod edited this post 05-29-2010 10:53 AM because:
lol mixed up quoting style? =p
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
The BG looks awesome, but the fire is weird for me.
Also isn't supposed to be Leviathan, like that great serpent beast.
But still it looks epic.
I am back, not really.
Thanks given by:
i think i already said everything back then, and as I am not a man who repeats himself with pleasure I will simply say:
+1 to everyone's post in this thread =)

~and whats up with the ^ ^~
~~and also you should put happy into the bg title (language is meaningless)~~

well actually i meant something more like happy in chinese, japanese or something in that context.
But i think the '^ ^' does the deal as well.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
(05-29-2010, 10:57 AM)Phil Wrote:  But i think the '^ ^' does the deal as well.
i dont think it does
its ripped apart and unrecognizable

edit: just noticed that i mixed up what i meant about the opacity
haha
Thanks given by:
Just in case you've been living in a cave or in complete denial for the past several days, here's a quick reminder there's a new background in the name of ^Arx Leviathanis^. And it's something to be excited about since a newer, better version is out now. Plus it's free.

Get it while it's hot!

Problems addressed just for your visual pleasure in LF2:
- Can now see more wooden towers at the back
- Mountains now visible
- Slowed down the animation of the flags to make the static bamboos more natural
- The right fire breather now in parallax scrolling mode
- Perspective of the fighting ground changed
- A more natural looking flame
- Minor bug fix

Screenshot:
[Image: 61262960.png]

Download Link via Mediafire

You can all wet your pants in joy.

@YinYin
Arigato gozaimashita

>just noticed that i mixed up what i meant about the opacity
feeling like a moron for not understanding what you actually meant though... should have been obvious lol

>its ripped apart and unrecognizable
have you seen this emoticon "^-^"? it's just got uh... a wide hungry mouth in this case. yeah... to go with the dragon theme
the other by xFire
Thanks given by: Eddie , Bamboori
i'm lazy to download so i'm judging by the screen.way better... only thing i have to complain about is that the fire should be less transparent(almost not transparent at all) closer to the mouth. and nice giant doom-like bolt from john there. :P
[Image: UB2.gif]
FrozenFiren|Devid|Sprites

News of the day 19th Sep 10: Someone's back on track
Thanks given by:
Gonna use this awesome background :)
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
this is the best BG !!!
OAW!!!! AWESOME
sorry 4 my bad eng
[Image: stand-10_zpse8943b33.gif][Image: walk-11_zps3a4de3e2.gif][Image: att-3_zps48065cd2.gif]

Thanks given by: