Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character Base Making Tutorial - Fully Explained Guide
(06-03-2010, 02:20 PM)Reaper Wrote:  Which brings me to the main critique point about this tutorial. While you've done a great job explaining the anatomy part (which I've never seen that detailed, thumbs up), giving the reader a defined amount of pixels he has to go left/right/up/down won't help him too much. Some numbers to give him a general impression are very useful (preventing him from doing some weird-proportioned stuff), but you shouldn't tell him how he exactly has to do the feet or whatever. It will make the tutorial more complicated, while following those instructions will lead to the exact same sprite. Just saying how thick waist/head/upper body and how long legs/head/body/arms are should be sufficient.
However, that's just something you could leave out to make it easier.

Okay, thanks for the input, I'm already making a 'cleaner' and 'neater' guide, I'll bear that in mind and will incorperate it into the new guide. Thanks for the input Reaper. Making the new guide slightly more Ctrl + f friendly as Marshall had suggested.

@Siris:
Already one step ahead of you :P
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2010, 03:16 PM)Eddie Wrote:  @Siris:
Already one step ahead of you :P
Whatever... :P
Anyway, this tutorial may be useful.
The answer to life, universe and everything (no, not 42) (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Edited the first post and rewritten guide has been uploaded. You can now download it at the bottom of the post.

Hope thats better,

Eddie

Marshall edited this post 06-04-2010 10:28 PM because:
Good man *thumbs up*
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by: