Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BG] Relinquo Exuro
For those who think I sprited:
I don't sprite and that's a fact. I rip.
Maybe some of you may feel cheated :P
But ripping takes time, and optimising everything to LF2 is work too. It actually takes longer than spriting from scratch as I witnessed BP's amazing uhh... VROOM last night first hand. Everything ranging from animations to the parallax scrolling is not as easy as it sounds. Or perhaps to me anyway lol

But the end result is a background that many would enjoy and I think that's the whole point. I am not the only who rip backgrounds from other games and put them into LF2 and different people have different preferences. If one has visited the mainsite's fileplanet section, you may realise there's two backgrounds that are exactly ripped from the exact same game's stage, but the end product is vastly different.
Link2
Link1

I am not saying who's better because ultimately it's down to personal preferences. Venom Master made that version maybe because he likes the balcony backdrop. But I made a different one because I was more impressed by the grandeur of the cathedral as a whole.

The purist in you may say I did not sprite anything. But I think to be able to transpose everything neatly is a skill as well.

I learnt this from another LF2 background maker of yore, but I have improved upon his techniques since then and had more tools at my disposal to animate more backgrounds and bring life to certain static images that are already very cool already. The one I submitted to the LFE background competition is not a game rip at all. It's actually been pieced together from two other backgrounds, then I did all the animation work myself. In the end, some of you tell me it's a great background. How about this one? Some of you tell me it's a great background as well, so as long as people enjoy them and I think it's cool or stunning, I'll whip it out.

Some of you use photoshop, some use painter.net, photo filter, MS paint, and I use my arsenal of ripping tools all to achieve the same goal. Share our work and let everyone else enjoy (=

@Kay
>i don't know how you do...it... [sarcastic]and even with the ratings[/sarcastic]
I have a confession to make... I feel dirty myself after all those self-back-patting and I normally take 10 showers in one go to feel better. I hang my head in shame.

@Jed
>Holy carp!
applogies if you get offended (but please don't). I can't help myself...
[Image: magikarp.png]
Magikarp: I'm awesome, I'm MAGIC111!

[Image: HolyCarp.jpg]
Carp: I'm Holy. Pwned you

>Marshall, are you even still human, or have you fully converted yourself into awesomeness?
Yes, I'm still as human as a human ever can be, though I have the tendency to define certain words very well. Awesomeness just happens to be one of them

@Vegta
>k i am speechless atm Marshall but tell me you do thas stuff from scratch? man you so naturally talented. like the bg thumbs up dude!
well... now you know ^ ^
but I'm happy to see that you like it

@betitngoan
not as awesome as your sprites.

@BP
>Dang, you beat me
as I said, I think yours is gonna own me, so I'd better release this one first, or else it won't get any attention while all the fanboy and fangirls flock towards your thread :P

@Phil
>i am tempted to get the new york times just to see that comment
It's a limited print edition. You can try ebay though :D

@Reaper & Phil
>might be the first bg i download for ages
absolutely honoured *bows*

@Reaper
do you mean these?
[Image: 39738393.th.png]
If yes, it is intended and part of the parallax scrolling effect

@Koala
>And that yellow duck as well.
oh yes, the duck is damn good at BGs.

>Marshall's backgrounds remind me of XLF-Omega's backgrounds
really? o.o how so?

@TimmE1
>thanks for making that one into an lf2 bg!
welcome!

>I'd like to see some more self made stuff from u...
For more organic stuff, there's Derelict. And some of the star wars ones that I made aeons ago which I lost along with my hard discs...
Maybe in the future ;)
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by: Lauli
It's nice and stuff, but
(06-06-2010, 10:14 PM)TheNave Wrote:  you soooo have to add alot of paralax scrolling stuff in there

I'M DISSAPOINT! only 1 damn paralax scrolling object, which was even used reverse?! the more the object is in the background the less it should scroll, but that one does scroll alot more than those other objects in front of it, so yeah, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
Thanks given by:
@The Nave
Nope, you are wrong and in two aspects too.

>only 1 damn paralax scrolling object
there's 2

>the more the object is in the background the less it should scroll
the one you feel that has parallax is much closer and is circular, surrounding the stage
The one which you cannot see has parallax has some, but not very obvious parallax with the reason it being more like a high cieling/dome structure which encapsulates the whole area, hence it moves less.
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
Nah, I'm not offended. I said holy carp on purpose :D
Anyway, scratch or not, it's still an awesome bg and you did a great job.
Henry David Thoreau Wrote:
Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine.
Thanks given by:
yeesh, yeah, those are 2, I haven't seen that layer far in the background, but well, you still did it wrong, correct would be something like this:
    DC-Code:
layer: 
  bg\sys\re\back_d.bmp
  transparency: 1  width: 1050  x: 80  y: 127
layer_end
layer: 
  bg\sys\re\back_p.bmp
  transparency: 1  width: 1100  x: 10  y: 127
layer_end
for the first 2 layers

also, check out how it's done in CHUCK, because that bg used good and correct paralax scrolling
Thanks given by:
Don't you worry, I've been making backgrounds for years now and I certainly know how to put things into parallax to the degree I like. I personally like the effect I have done here, hence that's what you downloaded. If you really dislike it, feel free to change the following:
layer:
bg\sys\re\back_d.bmp
transparency: 1 width: 1050 x: 80 y: 127
layer_end

to

layer:
bg\sys\re\back_d.bmp
transparency: 1 width: 900 x: 0 y: 127
layer_end

Hope that helps (=
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
damn dude this is pro =c

The Lost Global Mod edited this post 07-15-2010 09:52 PM because:
okay.. the thing you are doing right now, is called gravedigging. Gravedigging is not allowed here in the forums. Please check the rules for more information, you can even pm me personally if you seem to have a problem regarding the rules or lfe in general. have a nice day/night ;)
Thanks given by: