Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddie's Experiments, Tools, Games, Coding, etc
Well, I got bored recently and decided I would start experimenting with Batch programming, C# and a couple of other languages. I've also started to make complete/larger and more full on programs with this. Yes I have experimented and dabbled in a bit of various different languages in the past but NO I do not remember any of it at the moment. This makes me the prime example of NEWB-TRIES-TO-RUN-BEFORE-HE-CAN-WALK syndrome.

However, I am prepared to run headfirst into every wall, fall into every pitfall and fall foul of every trap going to achieve my goals. So now, I present to you... my work:

1) Batch Coded Damage Calculator (Oh yes I went there). It is designed for Stats Based RPGs (at first just to say I could do it) and is being tested by Ramond currently.
Damage Calculator Screenshots (Click to View)
Damage Calculator Information (Click to View)
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by:
Eddie Wrote:Oh yes, I will also release it if enough people want it AND I will release the coding to go with it (or source as I think its called).
i've been thinking about a new forum game... *coughsomincoughcoughofcough*

Eddie Wrote:- No decent interface, I mean, everyone wants something that looks good!

i dunno, could possibly do that :P
and some suggestions...

default settings... multiple of them. makes it way easier.
using mouse instead of keyboard(ofc i know you were thinking this long ago...)

then again, i'm not familiar at all with programming(other than DC... D:) so i don't know how hard it would be...
[Image: UB2.gif]
FrozenFiren|Devid|Sprites

News of the day 19th Sep 10: Someone's back on track
Thanks given by:
Cool. Why not make it public?
I'll upload a small batch script of mine for the lulz later.

Edit: Though it's probably useless to most of you. I use it to install plugins and stuff on my PSP.
My projects:
=> Comet - LF2 ver.1.9/1.9c skin.
=> CRE - ComboRegenerativeEnemy.

Contact me if the links to my projects become unavailable.
Thanks given by:
(06-26-2010, 08:47 AM)JossuaDC Wrote:  Cool. Why not make it public?
I'll upload a small batch script of mine for the lulz later.

Edit: Though it's probably useless to most of you. I use it to install plugins and stuff on my PSP.

haha, i might do that in a second after i find other flaws that I can fix. Might take me about 30 minutes lol.
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by:
Try using something like "%random% %%3" which supposedly gives you a random number between 0 and 2. Much more efficient, if you ask me :P

On a sidenote, I have no clue about batch-scripting, I just stumbled over this one
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Eddie
(06-26-2010, 10:02 AM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Try using something like "%random% %%3" which supposedly gives you a random number between 0 and 2. Much more efficient, if you ask me :P

On a sidenote, I have no clue about batch-scripting, I just stumbled over this one

Hmm, I've tried this idea... It didn't work the first time - maybe I hit a typo. I'll give it a shot, but for now I've done a few new updates:

1) Spells never take a hit roll. The only reason they now fail is because they do 0 damage - thus they are failed spells.
2) Critical Hit is now preceeded with Critical Chance. This means that you hit a minimum damage roll to ATTEMPT a Critical Hit - which in turn takes another roll.

Edit:
3) Now also made the random numbers generated instantaneous, thanks to the trinket of information from Blue_Phoenix. I had apparently put %random%%%10+1 the first time, so thats why it came up wrong. Here is the new link, to the improved and much faster version 1.1. Please give me feedback!

Download MediaFire Link (Currently Without Source):
http://www.mediafire.com/?zqlxcmzuoij
Thanks given by:
Wait... Did I just heal the enemy?
[Image: healt.gif]
Either way, I love it.
Can you send me the uncompressed script? I'd love to see how you've made this.

I've sent you a copy of the script I mentioned earlier, by the way.
Feedback appreciated. Especially bugreports.
My projects:
=> Comet - LF2 ver.1.9/1.9c skin.
=> CRE - ComboRegenerativeEnemy.

Contact me if the links to my projects become unavailable.
Thanks given by: Eddie
Hmmm, I assumed I tweaked so that minus numbers didn't show up. Well, I've definately fixed it now, try again in this update. :D

So here is the new link (With all of the coding and a special reference section for people to understand what bit does what):

http://www.mediafire.com/?teymcw2mtdt

Extract the files to whatever folder you choose.
There is a .exe file - for running the application and a .bat file for the code.

I'd suggest getting notepad++ and opening the batch file with that. Right click - open with notepad++.
This will display the code, and comments in green to help you find what you're looking for and to make editing easier.

Happy Calculating!

Eddie

Edit:
Next project if someone would like to, they can join me in. It will be another Batch file project, so I'm assuming if anyone would like to take up the offer it'd be JossuaDC.

Project is going to be an autoprogram opener. Rather than spending time looking for stuff through start menu etc, you could have this window running in the background. You can then use this window to quickly reach and open a file. Without a specific user interface though at the moment (will probably do both Batch projects in a different language like Basic or C#) I will be releasing the code behind it as well. In this code I will have added sections and descriptions for what YOU (taking YOU as the point of LOYAL CUSTOMER - although this is free) to add your own programs and edit the destination folders and such.

Once again all my love,

Eddie
Thanks given by: