Poll: Did you think its a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yeah its a good idea
69.23%
9 69.23%
Im not sure
30.77%
4 30.77%
No its a bad idea
0%
0 0%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LF2 Network + AntiCheat
! 
Hey guys, first sorry for my bad english.
Im a C# developer and a huge LF2 Fan.
I want to ask the community if they want there own LF2 Network.

This is the idea:
[Image: lf2networkstructuredr4.jpg]

The server (running on a root) collects players and search for each of them a oppenent.
Now the server tells the LF2 Network client, that a oppenent exists.
The Client tells the player he can connect to a IP.
And now there is a match.

The only problem is how to check who wins the match. (Own LF2?)
Maybe you have ideas?

Please tell me if you like my idea.

thanks, Arghs

sorry again for my bad english :(
Thanks given by:
Arghs Wrote:The only problem is how to check who wins the match. (Own LF2?)

silva is working on this
he can already determine whether host or client won the game - only thing left is getting the name of that player i think
Thanks given by:
YinYin Wrote:silva is working on this

WAS working. I gave up due to lack of programming knowledge.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3ziwtcbeazz << Thats as far as I got. Includes modified exe(so that'd call the dll), compiled dll and source code.

Sorry for the lack of comments in my code + the crappy-ness of it :p. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

(the win check thing only works online, if you are playing offline its different numbers so the code wont work).
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
Did you read Process Memory to find the Winner?
Thanks given by:
No, since this is a DLL, I just made a dll which accepts some inputs and than compares them and stuff. If you want to use Read Process Memor, heres the basic logic :

Read address 449054,
If 449054 <= 13 {
Winnner == host
}
Else
{Winner == client}

To find out who the client is, and who the server is you need this:

read address 449100
if 449100 == 2 {
local LF2 == host
}
if 449100 == 4 {
local lf2 == client
}

To see if the lf2 that is running is the winner, just do
if winner == local lf2
{you won}
else
{you lost}

I hope that made sense.

Client = the person that connects, a.k.a the person that has to write the I.P address
Host = Person that gets connected to, a.k.a person that presses "waiting for opponent"

Edit: Actually, I think I got what you mean, you didn't mean the actual read process memory API, but actually reading lf2 memory... And yes I did read the process memory.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
Did you have MSN or ICQ?
- i removed it... duh!
Thanks given by: