Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LF2 on two levels (y 0 and y: 220)
! 
ok just found the motivation to create a lil crazy version today morning.

Ok, it's not really a version yet - it's the beginning. One characters is modified - davis - and four weapons.

The basic idea: YOu can play LF2 on two levels. In the end it'll probably be a fun version where you can play with your friends on two levels (then I only mod the basic ten chars).

I can think of a lil trick which let the enemy / comp know on which area you are so you can also play vs comps...

So far: Don't select Lee On Road (need to block this later...), select davis manually or the random function will crash your exe.

Have fun, comments so far please...

Maybe I'll rename it into Second Floor LF2, dunno :p

Known Bugs:
-Lee on Road
-"Com" logo get on nerves
-light weapons can be taken with to other level - if you throw them to floor they end on the level they belong to :p (fixed)
-throw after catch is not visible (fixed)
-shadows will always be on lower area, so I deleted them

http://www.savefile.com/files/1854421
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
-either com or player names are a bit weird there, consider turning both off
-maybe create a level 1 and 2 shadow object which any object can make use of?
-and you desperately need an animation for the level switching

this is pretty weird
Thanks given by:
hehe, funny to play with. But one thing is a bit weird (excluding the above)
If you play on the upper stage, and shot a D>A at a com, the spark is shown like y: 100 lower as normal..
[Image: Link.jpg]
| Arcanis | Dome | Kai [-finished-] | Drawings |

active again.
Thanks given by:
~Dome~ Wrote:hehe, funny to play with. But one thing is a bit weird (excluding the above)
If you play on the upper stage, and shot a D>A at a com, the spark is shown like y: 100 lower as normal..

hm, dont really get what you mean, looks normal to me...

@YinYin: Hm, I just tried the basic so I didnt feel like making animations, but will add this. For the shadow: also got an idea with itr/kind 8 from lauli... will see what I'll do...
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
Another bug:

Broken sprites always appear on lower level.

Edit: to get ~Dome~s results, just go to the upper level and block davis ball, the spark will be in the middle of the screen in the black area.

Edit 2: Forgot to say that is quite a unique idea fora mod :D
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
MH-Razen Wrote:
~Dome~ Wrote:hehe, funny to play with. But one thing is a bit weird (excluding the above)

hm, dont really get what you mean, looks normal to me...

hes talking about the effect - not the hit animation
that kinda appears at the center of the two interacting objects i guess and hence somewhere in between the levels instead of the top one

edit: also fixing the weapon problem by dropping them on their level is kinda cheap - how about you make them transform into the other level version just like the character?
Thanks given by:
YinYin Wrote:edit: also fixing the weapon problem by dropping them on their level is kinda cheap - how about you make them transform into the other level version just like the character?

Already thought of this but didn't try out. Should be easy with a wpoint leading to a transform frame......... ah I'll do it, gimme a sec :p

Edit:

Fixed the weapon-area thingy for the bat and the ball, will look fuuny if you grad a milk and throw it on the other :p

Known Bugs:
-Only weapons which are from lower floor have a broken weapon, is it possible to copy this stuff to other ids? would also mean you can finally create new broken weaps for new weaps!?
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
MH-Razen Wrote:Known Bugs:
-Only weapons which are from lower floor have a broken weapon, is it possible to copy this stuff to other ids? would also mean you can finally create new broken weaps for new weaps!?

I shall look into it ;).
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
if you want a name you could ues double lf2 short and cool name.:D
lfe what a kingdome
Thanks given by:
hm, rofl - could fix the shadow-problem half-way: I have a shadow on both floors now - no matter where the char is - could activate an object to hide it on other way... hm... not sure if I really try to put shadows in there...
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by: