Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonic Boom's Sprites!
Here is Ray Made it today!
Thanks given by:
put ray on the first post:D:D:D:D so whenever opens somebody this thread, they get the sprites in front of them:p:p
Thanks given by:
(04-28-2011, 01:18 PM)kushagrajaink Wrote:  put ray on the first post:D:D:D:D so whenever opens somebody this thread, they get the sprites in front of them:p:p

Added!!
Plz Just Post Comments on it.
Thanks given by:
okay you have to use light and shadow better imo...
you can't really see where the light is coming form at this sprite.
look at the shoes for example: at the right shoe( from us) the light comes from the right and at the left shoe it comes from the left o_O
try to let the light come form a single direction. Maybe you get what i mean with this: [Image: lightshadow.png?t=1304088845]
the green marked places is where you made shadows, bit there should be light.
The red places should be dark, not lighten up.

Also you have to work out the hair a bit. I know it's hard (i'm not good in spriting hair 2^^) but just read a few tutorials and it should be better ;)

Greetz mundvoll_
Thanks given by: bashscrazy , Sonic Boom
(04-29-2011, 03:01 PM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  okay you have to use light and shadow better imo...
you can't really see where the light is coming form at this sprite.
look at the shoes for example: at the right shoe( from us) the light comes from the right and at the left shoe it comes from the left o_O
try to let the light come form a single direction. Maybe you get what i mean with this: [Image: lightshadow.png?t=1304088845]
the green marked places is where you made shadows, bit there should be light.
The red places should be dark, not lighten up.

Also you have to work out the hair a bit. I know it's hard (i'm not good in spriting hair 2^^) but just read a few tutorials and it should be better ;)

Greetz mundvoll_

Dude Thanks For that lightning thingy I will remember it while I will make my next sprite.
Hey I wanted to ask you that if you use photoshop or something else better in this spriting because i have heard some people saying that photoshop is not very good for spriting.
Can you tell me a better software for making these sprites?
It would be a great help and again thanks for that tut on lightning.

Thanks given by:
You may use photofiltre if Photoshop is bad, but who on earth said that it is bad. Even it is not for making LF2 sprites, it is the best graphic program. PhotoFiltre is good for LF2 spriting. It can be found o the mainsite.
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by:
(04-29-2011, 04:42 PM)Electric Shock Wrote:  You may use photofiltre if Photoshop is bad, but who on earth said that it is bad. Even it is not for making LF2 sprites, it is the best graphic program. PhotoFiltre is good for LF2 spriting. It can be found o the mainsite.

Dude I already know that it is the best but not made for spriting.
And Thanks for that photofiltre I will try it.
Thanks given by:
at the moment i'm using photoshop, i got used to it.
Bevore i got photoshop i did my sprites with Paint.NET or Gimp.
Thanks given by:
(04-29-2011, 07:17 PM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  at the moment i'm using photoshop, i got used to it.
Bevore i got photoshop i did my sprites with Paint.NET or Gimp.

Oh That's Great!
I wanted to ask you that how you make your sprite colours so bold?
they are just so great and there are no traces of any burn and dodge tools.
plz tell me
Thanks given by:
Easy peasy dude. Just use three different color. And for visual example see this :

[Image: bt2x16pynhxu5s88f.png]

Made using GIMP . u could also use two colors and add a thin line of highlight at the edge where u keep the sun rays falling.
U are doing a good job
Thanks given by: