Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Background: HillVillage
a joy to behold really. Theme might not be the most exciting, but the 3D layering, combination of colours are well thought out.

Reading your first post, perhaps I should stop being lazy too... Speaking of which, what happened to the underwater one? You haven't given me your thoughts on my edit =P
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by: lf2TimmE1
It's really good! I like the parallax scrolling :D
my only complaint is that ground.bmp (aka the foremost layer) is too bumpy, looks weird.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Cool BG!
Thanks. :)
Quote:sometimes this BG looks like a photo.
Is it that realistic?! :O
Quote:Also all buildings are brown,why there isn't another color?
Bceause these buildings are made of wood.

Quote:I just tried it out, and i think it looks fantastic!
You absolutely nailed the parallax scrolling, it looks so 3D!
Thanks a lot, that's the effect I was heading for. Making it as 3D-ish as possible.^^
Quote:The two layers of trees looked very good as well, great work! Its obvious that some of the other guys havent tried the BG in game, because the 'outlines' arent noticeable in game.
My biggest wish is people to download and try out the stuff before criticising it. :D
Quote:My only complaint was that it could have been wider to get a greater view on all the layers!
EDIT: just realised the shadows are very light! almost didnt see the shadow. Perhaps a darkening is in order?
Probably you are right about the width but i think it's alright the way it's now and i'll just keep it like that.
Changed that and also overworked the ground and some other thingys a bit.
Check out the first post for new screenshot and download link.
Quote:Ill give this a 9.5/10, one of your best there timme ;D
Hearing that from you kinda pays off for the work. :)

Quote:no complaints from me, gb looks awesome and fun to play with... i just kicked julians a** with freeze on it :p
Thanks a lot, I'm glad that u like it. :) (Yeah, kick that dictator a**. :D)

Quote:a joy to behold really. Theme might not be the most exciting, but the 3D layering, combination of colours are well thought out.
Thanks a lot, It's always a honor to here that from you. :)
Quote:Reading your first post, perhaps I should stop being lazy too...
'Stop being lazy' ftw. :D
Quote:Speaking of which, what happened to the underwater one? You haven't given me your thoughts on my edit =P
I didn't forget about it and your edit was really amazing...but somehow I fail on proper comunication. (in every issue of life)
I'm very sorry... this bg does not deserve to get unattended like that and I should really start working on it again!

Quote:It's really good! I like the parallax scrolling :D
Thanks! :)
Quote:my only complaint is that ground.bmp (aka the foremost layer) is too bumpy, looks weird.
New screeny and download link in the first post. I think it looks better now... so tell me your opinion about it.

FOR EVERYONE WHO WAS TOO LAZY TO READ THROUGH THIS POST: THERE IS A NEW DOWNLOAD LINK IN THE FIRST POST

Thanks given by:
the new ground looks good, but I still have one gripe with it. It seem rather "cut off" and "separate" from the layers behind. I know they are separate layers, but if you could make the colours blend a bit rather than being so clear cut, the bg would look nicer imo. The problem is especially evident when on the right hand side of the background.

If you have around 2 or 3 pixels of the top edge in a lighter shade, it might help. Also, some shrubs here and there on this layer (on the edge of it) would be useful as well.

>your edit was really amazing... this bg does not deserve to get unattended like that and I should really start working on it again!
I'll be waiting ;)

you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by: