Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character: Vince
(06-30-2011, 03:52 PM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  
(06-30-2011, 02:29 PM)Jed37 Wrote:  By the way, what kind of moves do you have planned for the character? I suggest making it unique, so that the nice sprites don't go to waste :p

till now i dont have good ideas for moves... suggestions?
|
|
|
v
(06-30-2011, 03:52 PM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  
(06-29-2011, 07:30 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  
  • Also,if you want I can help you with DC.

thaat would be awesome!

First you should continue with sprites and then I can make DC with moves.But you should show us his type.;)
Thanks given by:
Electrick Shot Wrote:teach him full speed karate with high-speed kicks and kick combos. It will look cool

I think he will be very ordinary with that kind of stuff... LF2 have already a lot of close combat guys like Dennis or Davis, and what about Clide? (I love it).

Judo will be a great innovation, with counter-attacks moves for examples. I enjoy Louis' special move but you can do it many ways better.
Plus, Vince doesn't look offensive or angry. Looks more like a cool guy with his hoody than a tough guy in fighting suit. Judo will fit better than Karate or other stuff like that.

Mundvoll, you don't know what you will do with Vince's special moves? I don't want to influence you but think about X-men for some ideas. They always look like normal guys but they are always hidding secret powers....
VINCE the INVINCIBLE sounds like Collossus to me. (who can change his skin into metal to deeply harden his body)
Thanks given by:
(06-30-2011, 05:28 PM)Electric Shock Wrote:  Or teach him full speed karate with high-speed kicks and kick combos. It will look cool

We don't need another Dennis. I wasn't just reccomending judo because it's a martial art. A character based on throws and things like that WOULD be very unique, something we haven't seen before.

@AKA_Mathieu: Yes.
Henry David Thoreau Wrote:
Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine.
Thanks given by:
>A character based on throws and things like that WOULD be very unique, something we haven't seen before.
I have a couple in mind already =P
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
Small update:

Running:
[Image: th_running.gif]
looks better ingame

(06-30-2011, 04:42 PM)Jed37 Wrote:  Teach him judo.

(06-30-2011, 07:23 PM)AKA_Mathieu Wrote:  Judo will be a great innovation, with counter-attacks moves for examples. I enjoy Louis' special move but you can do it many ways better.
Plus, Vince doesn't look offensive or angry. Looks more like a cool guy with his hoody than a tough guy in fighting suit. Judo will fit better than Karate or other stuff like that.

(07-01-2011, 02:29 PM)Marshall Wrote:  >A character based on throws and things like that WOULD be very unique, something we haven't seen before.
I have a couple in mind already =P

I think judo is the way to go, im very happy with this :)
but is it possible to make throw/conter attacks? wouldn't i have to change/make new sprites of the existing characters?
also i dont quite now a lot about judo and how typical judo throws/conters look like :S (tell/show me :D )

(06-30-2011, 07:23 PM)AKA_Mathieu Wrote:  Mundvoll, you don't know what you will do with Vince's special moves? I don't want to influence you but think about X-men for some ideas. They always look like normal guys but they are always hidding secret powers....
VINCE the INVINCIBLE sounds like Collossus to me. (who can change his skin into metal to deeply harden his body)

scary o_O
I had the same idea in my mind...
when i read the thing that he doesnt looks like a very strong fighter but just like a normal teenager/person i thought about the "invinsible" thing...
"invinsible" doesnt has to mean that he beats everyone up with uber-mega-attacks it can also be interpretated as a guy who only takes small dmg of heavy attacks and because of the fact that he can tank so much dmg he is nearly "invinsible".
Getting this i came up with the idea of a special attack where he hardens his body or let him take only low dmg for a certain time.

Thanks given by:
Very Smooth Running Frames!
keep It up!
Waiting to see some punching sprites from you.
Thanks given by:
>tell/show me
Louis from New Alpha mod by Fantasy Leaf
there's an original character in Bx LF2 which is on the mainsite for download. Forgotten the name of her though
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by: nehalbordoloi
Invisible =/= invincible

Also for couunter throw just do what I did with Batman :D
Thanks given by:
I think the body may have a little bit up & down when Vince walkin'..:S..
[Image: 1-1.gif]
Thanks given by:
Just a random move idea, but why don't you throw in Wing Chun chain punches. They are a series of punches at high speed that when targeted appropriately and using the correct power, work like repeatedly hitting a door with a battering ram. The person practising it doesn't care who you are, but they WILL batter you.

It'd mean that you could use for every several punches in this combination, a certain amount of mp (combo can be stopped using d). You could then commence your batter down of any opponent, the ones with armour (louis, julian, knight, etc) would be able to take a few before falling into DoP and being knocked down.

Just an idea, other than that, sprites look alright, keep making good progress.

Eddie
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by: