Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character: Vince
thanks for the comments!

It's very funny you call all these material arts... judo,wing chin(,kung fu)
I all now them from a game called Rumble Fighter :)
I dont know if they look like in real life ingame,if they do this will be a big help in my progress of making the sprites i think so pls tell me >_<

Wing Chun (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
I love wing chun actually as a school of martial arts, but it is a pretty bad style to apply in LF2 mainly because the essence of wing chun is to counter rather than to attack. It's a passive self defence style intended to turn the tables around by utilising the force of the opponent. Hope that makes sense =P
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by: Memento
(07-05-2011, 01:36 PM)Marshall Wrote:  I love wing chun actually as a school of martial arts, but it is a pretty bad style to apply in LF2 mainly because the essence of wing chun is to counter rather than to attack. It's a passive self defence style intended to turn the tables around by utilising the force of the opponent. Hope that makes sense =P

What's even funnier is that to do most things within Wing Chun you have to deliberately get within the opponents striking range. It's basically used for suicidal people, that are willing to do anything to win.

Wing chun was also the FIRST martial art that Bruce Lee trained in. Under a man known as Ip. Ip taught Bruce Lee to master speed using this martial art. Bruce Lee then went further to learn other martial arts, before forming his own art 'Jeet Kun Do' or 'Fight the way you want to fight to win'.

If you want to see a demonstration of Wing Chun in all it's realism, look at the scene 10 black belts from 'Ip man'. That's a real eye opener towards Wing Chun and what it can leave you capable of doing.

So all in all - Agree with Marshall.

Eddie
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2011, 04:32 PM)Eddie Wrote:  
(07-05-2011, 01:36 PM)Marshall Wrote:  I love wing chun actually as a school of martial arts, but it is a pretty bad style to apply in LF2 mainly because the essence of wing chun is to counter rather than to attack. It's a passive self defence style intended to turn the tables around by utilising the force of the opponent. Hope that makes sense =P

What's even funnier is that to do most things within Wing Chun you have to deliberately get within the opponents striking range. It's basically used for suicidal people, that are willing to do anything to win.

Wing chun was also the FIRST martial art that Bruce Lee trained in. Under a man known as Ip. Ip taught Bruce Lee to master speed using this martial art. Bruce Lee then went further to learn other martial arts, before forming his own art 'Jeet Kun Do' or 'Fight the way you want to fight to win'.

If you want to see a demonstration of Wing Chun in all it's realism, look at the scene 10 black belts from 'Ip man'. That's a real eye opener towards Wing Chun and what it can leave you capable of doing.

So all in all - Agree with Marshall.

Eddie

IP man is a great movie, with great fighting scenes in it. I'm sure you can put the movements to use in LF2. However, like Marshall already stated, the moves are mostly counters, and they are made for very short distance. Keep this in mind.

(I did a karate (me) vs wing chung fight with a friend of mine, was pretty cool and helpful^^)
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
(07-05-2011, 11:43 AM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  

I don't know about the wing chun video, but this does not look like judo to me. Anyone disagree?
EDIT: saw the end. that part is, at least.
Henry David Thoreau Wrote:
Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine.
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock
maybe its gravedigging and if get BAN i don't care cuz i live after that ban.
Nice and promissing looking char,i like his design,
Is this project dead,or its just frozen cuz real life?
Troll mode activated TwistedDemonEvil
Thanks given by: