Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[VB6] LF2 Stage Code Editor (v_0.1.3)
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?bzat4g2b5dcs4gu

Introduction
I made this program just to fill my time. Actually I have tried to create something like this a few years ago, but I am sure me now can make a much better one. And indeed it's much better :D .

This program allows you to create stage codes quicker and easier than manually typing in the well known LF2 Data Changer. In fact, you don't need to even understand how to DC.

This is version null, means it's a beta version. I have not make sure there are no bugs in the program. If one happens, it would be a great help to me if you explain how it happens :) and I appreciate it.

The Program
Screenshot is worth thousands of words so this is one..

Explanation

Unit Pallete

Adding/Removing Unit Methods

Doing the last step

Next To-Dos:
1. Enable Criminals. Not beer. (since I don't really like beer in stages, i'm being too lazy to work on them... perhaps I will tho)
2. Add automatic stage generator - this will be another big work to do.... just like my old LF2 Stage Auto Composer- but I expect something better.
3. Add Load Code option - this is even more complicated ~ I'm not sure I can do this but I'll try once the other things have been finished
4. Add another item to the Next To-Dos list.

Edit: added Times options. modifiable through the text boxes above each character in the Unit Pallete.
TEMPE
it gives me that error when i opend it
[Image: lt2muktmnzk2.png]

i have win7
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2011, 01:37 PM)DesignHeaven Wrote:  it gives me that error when i opend it
[Image: lt2muktmnzk2.png]

i have win7

Me too!

At first I thought it was any problem with my computer....
Thanks given by:
Me three!
I wonder whats wrong.
Thanks given by:
It's written in VB6, VB6 isn't supported any more so windows doesn't ship with the runtime files needed. Type "RICHTX32.OCX download" into Google and download one, stick it in the same directory as the application and it'll run.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: Ariel , nehalbordoloi , Kevin , Dr. Time
(06-29-2011, 06:47 AM)Kevin Wrote:  I am not sure what happens if you put four phases in for example stage 4-2, which should only be 2 phases.
there is a limit for everything but you can basically have as many phases as you want (see survival mode - its got about a hundred and then it starts repeating the last 10)
and sub stages actually go up to 9 (10 works too but it gets displayed as 2-0 instead of 2-10 for example)

think about reworking that part of your layout to make it more customizable
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2011, 02:49 PM)Lord Silva Wrote:  It's written in VB6, VB6 isn't supported any more so windows doesn't ship with the runtime files needed. Type "RICHTX32.OCX download" into Google and download one, stick it in the same directory as the application and it'll run.
Oh yea, now it work.

Bug:
When I am in window of this program,this window is "tall" and i can't see the end of it.I can see it from the top until at Firzen,Julian Bat and LouisEX's hairs.
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock
The same problem happens to me also!
Anyways, how do I delete enemies and drinks once I entered them?
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2011, 03:35 PM)Electric Shock Wrote:  The same problem happens to me also!
Anyways, how do I delete enemies and drinks once I entered them?

use the right button of mouse (click on them).
Thanks given by:
Well this is a very common error. It occurs because I added a component called 'Rich Text Box' to my project. Oh at last I figured out that the error occurs if I add some components into it :D . So next time my project uses richtextbox i will add RICHTX32.OCX attached to the folder. I don't know what ocx files are needed by other components though...

Fortunately this can easily be fixed :D just like Lord Silva said, download the ocx file HERE and put it in the folder in which you place my project.
(haven't tested that file yet though, but that should be the right one to download)

Anyway... I have just updated my program with the add 'Random Enemies' by clicking on 'Phase' or 'Stage' button with customizable difficulty level and followers/heroes/bosses percentage (chances for them to be picked ;) ) .
The difference is, if you click on the 'Phase' button, the program will only generate enemies for the selected phase, while clicking 'Stage' will let the program compose the whole selected stage (e.g. Stage 1 or Stage 2)

EDIT:
Noticed a bug :0 that if you insert two bandits you'll get only one when you click on Generate Code button.
It's now fixed. Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?bzat4g2b5dcs4gu

About that the program is tall ~ well it does not fit in wide screen T.T I will fix it soon enough
TEMPE
Thanks given by: