Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] vegeta data changing questions
Hmm, I don't exactly know when the ball's supposed to catch the opponent, but I think it's hardcoded that the frame where he's falling down is uncatchable. I, at least, can't recall any situation off the top of my head where I've seen f.e. Louis catch somebody in that frame...
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
try adding a fall: 70 to the itr... it MIGHT work then, normal itrs are only able to hurt falling chars when they have a fall: 70 or higher, I don't know if it works with catching itrs aswell, but it's worth a try
Thanks given by: bashscrazy
(07-12-2011, 07:22 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Hmm, I don't exactly know when the ball's supposed to catch the opponent, but I think it's hardcoded that the frame where he's falling down is uncatchable. I, at least, can't recall any situation off the top of my head where I've seen f.e. Louis catch somebody in that frame...

Same D:
I even tried making chars fall then tried catching them but couldn't.
So I guess it's not possible for chars to be caught all the time if they have a bdy.

hmm.. Maybe I can make it so that kick that launches them forward is actually a ball that catches the enemy and moves them up a bit and to the right would that work instead (though would be lame)
(07-12-2011, 07:35 PM)TheNave Wrote:  try adding a fall: 70 to the itr... it MIGHT work then, normal itrs are only able to hurt falling chars when they have a fall: 70 or higher, I don't know if it works with catching itrs aswell, but it's worth a try

each attack has a fall 70 Redface already
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2011, 07:35 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  hmm.. Maybe I can make it so that kick that launches them forward is actually a ball that catches the enemy and moves them up a bit and to the right would that work instead (though would be lame)

Wow, if that way worked, it'd be a perfect look for something like when Frieza pointed at Krirrin and made him float into the air, then blew him up. :)
Luke means "Light of the Sacred Flame" in Ancient Ispanian.
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2011, 07:35 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  each attack has a fall 70 Redface already

<frame> 193 Spirit Breaking Cannon Catch
pic: 10 state: 9 wait: 40 next: 1000 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 centerx: 20 centery: 22 hit_a: 0 hit_d: 0 hit_j: 0
itr:
kind: 3 x: 0 y: 0 w: 81 h: 46 arest: 1
catchingact: 194 194 caughtact: 141 141
itr_end:
<frame_end>

thatone... behind arest: 1
Thanks given by: bashscrazy
(07-12-2011, 07:35 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  each attack has a fall 70 Redface already

MAKE IT 700000000! :D

But really, I guess the "easiest" way would be to directly spawn that object that'll grab the opponent as soon as possible and simulate this movement. If I remember correctly, there was a tag for bringing the caught char to a certain frame inside a cpoint, I believe. Try if you can simply let it display the falling frames :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
I love you Nave!
Now I just gotta edit the values and stuff for it to catch properly and stuff.

The caught frames I'm using are
<frame> 141 picked_caught
pic: 42
because of the picture - however they have no bdy in this frame
and when I try frame 188 which is the falling frame of that picture the char just falls down even with 550 dvy.

do you know if I can use frame 188? or do i have to use 141? cause if i make the wait value just right then they will be uncaught as soon as vegeta smashes him with his elbow!

EDIT: the move is extremely glitchy D:
glitchy version (Click to View)
good version (Click to View)
for some reason when caught they face different directions depending whether you get the elbow hit in or not (aka the positioning being correct)

The move does look pretty sweet when it gets pulled off correctly (in my opinion)
Thanks given by:
I changed the x values where the ball is opointed and now there is no glitchy version :D
So thank you guys!

[Image: ATkN7.gif]
now an easy problem which I can't seem to solve/too lazy to solve and not know what to search
How to make the beam be behind the enemy so it looks more like it's penetrating him (Grin - penetration)
Thanks given by:
use a high number of x: in opoint.And facing: 1,so it will be in the other side.

@v
So you mean: enemy character cover the beam?
Then use a small centery: in beam.
Thanks given by:
facing just flips it horizontally.
I want it to go up one pixel in the Z axis so it's behind the enemy.
apparently dvz doesn't work for type 3 attacks and you are supposed to use hit_j: #
but idk what value to use or if it's another way to get it to work.

EDIT: yeah teh enemy should be over the beam
EDIT2: NEVERMIND! I solved it :D
Thanks given by: