Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
other than bmps and wavs
Is there any trick to use unbmp for sprite or unwav for sound effect??
That thing really bother me, because i don't have pic editor/converter and sound converter. Thanks

~Shin
Shin Hanazumi
The Second Flower of Hanazumi Kazoku
Junior Data Changer
Thanks given by:
if you need something for sounds or music try googling for Free MP3 WMA OGG Converter
for sprite i dont know what can help
Troll mode activated TwistedDemonEvil
Thanks given by:
And why is this topic in Data Changing?
For music HEX solution
For bmp search for lf2.exe with transparency.
[Image: e2d3e3825920874818dd50cf1ab00224.png]

[Image: daub2.png]
(c)Norc for dev.art banner.
Thanks given by:
Thing is that Marti went the way with least resistance. As for wav-files, one does not need any DLLs or similar to play it (unlike mp3, for example). A similar thing applies for bitmaps: those images are not optimized in any way, the exe doesn't need to "decrypt" the image to find out what's going where, it's fairly intuitive instead (for a computer, at least).

There was once a patcher for LF2 that enabled reading PNG-files. The good thing is: your sprite-folder is only 10% of the original size. The bad thing: loading is super-slow (internally, the png's are being converted back to bmp to treat those accordingly). I guess, a similar thing would apply if one enabled non-wav-support for sounds: reading *.xyz, converting to *.wav, and working with that.

The only way to play wma-files is by using the "music"-tag. The downside is, though, that it interrupts any playing background music.

So, I guess you can bury your ideas as they're simply unpractical. Also, DCing-section is, indeed, a bit inadequate.... therefore, --> hex :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: mfc
so, all file except wav for sound effect and all file except bmp for image can't work for LF2 2.0a? I think only because my old laptop :P.
Shin Hanazumi
The Second Flower of Hanazumi Kazoku
Junior Data Changer
Thanks given by:
Don't worry, my laptop matches the speed of my internet, ergo: slowwwwwwwww :p

Well, thing is that, with tons of hacking, you can enable support for different formats, but they'd severely impact the gameplay in terms of speed (awkward loading times mainly).
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: