Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem!
So, if i delete/hide some chars from data.txt, after fight, when i press on 'Random' (chars) my game will crash. I tried substitute exe on standart/ remove dll - but no results... Oh and on windows 7 - I have this problem, but on windows XP - no! So, what's the problem?
Thanks given by:
It is normal if there is just one choosable char makes the game crash; but you said it hapens on 7 but not on xp..
Interesting.

Even if you don't use the dll; it would still make the same problem but i didn't understand why it makes it only for win7...
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
By default, the randomizer picks IDs between 0 and 12(?). Template is an exception because the first character loaded will not be included in the random-procedure.

On my XP-computer, I have encountered that issue quite often. The same applies when you remove characters that are listed as soldiers in battle mode and then try to access it. The exe doesn't throw an error at you that those IDs are non-existant but simply shuts down :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: