Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transparency By HEXing
Can anyone tell me how to do it or do it for me?
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure it's not possible- not 100% sure. My time spent on this forum, and I have never come across something like that. Plus, this should be in the hexing area.
[Image: variaboss.png]
SUPER B*NER: :3
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock
As you see this topic is not getting any solving reply.Do you know why? If not you will learn it at the end of this post.

1.You posted something about HEXing in DataChanger section,while we have a HEX forums.
2.If you search in HEX forums there is not any thread like that,that means that nobody has been working on this.And they will not be working for you as you already haven't found any code from lf2.exe which belong to your problem and they will learn you how to do it,nor do it for you.And i think this is hard to be done.
3.When posting something be more precise in what you are talking about.What transparency?
4.if you are talking about this: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=7454 and you can't do it,post there and solve this problem there.

Not demotivate you,but you should know some things.
Thanks given by:
(I think) Transparency works for png formats. I think there is a patch or something like that which allows png formated sprites.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(03-02-2012, 02:26 AM)A-MAN Wrote:  (I think) Transparency works for png formats. I think there is a patch or something like that which allows png formated sprites.

thats what i was talking about.. :P Sorry i couldnt get to the point..
Thanks given by:
the png patch doesn't use the alpha values of pngs, it still uses black as the transparency indicator. the motivation for pngs is the smaller file size compared to bitmaps

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
Is it possible? Yes.
Basically, if it can be done with programming it can be done with HEXing too.

Will someone do it? Most likely not.
Since, editing the machine code in HEX is far, FAR, FAR harder than writing the code yourself.

Your best bet would be to rewrite the entire engine, which wouldn't actually be that hard (still, it wouldn't be very easy either), since it is somewhat a simple engine.
The only problem with that solution is, that you'll probably run into copyright issues, since U1 Technologies own the copyright now, so you'll have to buy that first, or get their permission. And buying it wouldn't be cheap, and chances are that they aren't even willing to sell.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
http://ztage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13548
scroll down - click big download link
hope that this works for you

translate the page with googletranslator
try to figure out where to put the alpha transparency value (in case it isnt read from the png)

Thanks given by: empirefantasy , Rhino.Freak