Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI not to get weapon...
Is it possible to prevent AI from getting weapons? ...Since I'm making some characters which doesn't use weapons... :confused:

PS: Maybe a future suggestion... ;)

EDIT: See last 2 posts. YinYin solved my problem using DC method... ;)
[Image: azazel.gif]
Thanks given by:
i dont look here much so apologiez if my answer aint correct, but there are states in data that are needed for a character to be able to pick weapons up from the floor, something with the standing or walking frames or something. i forgot what they were, i think bdy (doubt it) or maybe wpoint state that determines if you are able to pick weapons, but this means you'll need to edit all characters that you dont want to pick weapons up. this is just a possible way to prevent weapons from bieng used, but if you want ai to ignore weapons, then i dont know. i dont hex edit (or whatever you call it)
Thanks given by:
AI ignores non-known weapon IDs... Maybe that helps ;)
Thanks given by:
Lauli Wrote:AI ignores non-known weapon IDs... Maybe that helps ;)
But if I change the weapon ids, other chars' AI that should get weapons will not be able to get weapons.

What I wanted is some chars' ids will ignore weapons but other ids will not...

Thanks anyway! ;)
Thanks given by:
Otherwise you could delete the itr/kind: 2 (I think) in the first punching frame. But it's not a good idea otherwise the character will still try to pick it up and punch into the air :)

So there's not really a DCing way, HEX editing maybe is a better idea. (However, I think you should avoid HEX editing as much as possible)
Thanks given by:
Lauli Wrote:...the character will still try to pick it up and punch into the air :)
That's what my character is doing. That's why I opened this topic... :confused:

Lauli Wrote:So there's not really a DCing way, HEX editing maybe is a better idea. (However, I think you should avoid HEX editing as much as possible)
Yeah, I know that there's no DCing way, that's why I posted this topic here. But why should I avoid Hex editing if there's no other better way? :confused:

EDIT: YinYin solved my problem using DC method... :)
Thanks given by:
do you need the super punch?
if not just make sure your character is holding an invisible weapon at all times and relocate all moves to the weapon attack frames - wont try to pick stuff if hes already holding sth, as simple as that
Thanks given by:
Wow, I would try that... Thanks!!! ;)

EDIT:
I tried it to do it myself but it's a little bit buggy. Can you tell me how are you supposed to make the char hold an invisible weapon at all times without any bugs? :confused:

EDIT2:
YinYin Wrote:make any action that involves him having no weapon spawn himself one
(that is standing up after lying and any basic attacking)
in case theres a chance of him getting into such a frame with a weapon - simply make sure he also gets rid of any in that sequence by having a frame with a weaponact: 1000 following one without any wpoint at all (spawning new weapon afterwards)
Thanks a lot, YinYin! ;)

We can now move this to Advance DC... ;)
Thanks given by: