Poll: U want Rep System Back?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
12.90%
4 12.90%
No
87.10%
27 87.10%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do u want Reputation System Back?
it cant be saved that is some peoples in world which is like me, badass scumbagz.
If rep system would be turned on then maybe someone like me would be so "ill do what i want, i can live with bans, warns, because iam trolling"
when person doing bad things and he looks at his rep, then he should think about what he done was not right, then might he became better person...
i think noone will tries to commit suicide when get negative...
Useful
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2012, 06:09 PM)The Lost Global Mod Wrote:  (if it's explained in the linked posts already, I'm sorry)
it is of course
i will double quote myself just for you:
(05-29-2011, 03:16 PM)YinYin Wrote:  
YinYin Wrote:  a more complex/advanced rep system - with thumbs up/down for each given rep (pretty simple actually as you can see things like that about everywhere already)

as you might not want to repeat someone elses rep comment on a member but you do fully agree and have nothing more to add you could simply add to it - thumbs up
if someone gave rep with bad reasoning or you simply disagree you can put thumbs down - decreasing its value
if you then still have a new reason not listed yet you can add it the way it worked before

this way every users reputation would rather become a list of things ppl say about him - which are again increased/decreased by the whole community - this way any rep might level out properly

'hes my best friend' reps will probably stay at +1 because noone except for that person really cares about that
'he helped with project xy/created wz/moderates the forum nicely' might increase far above +1 as many might agree with that statement
'hes the best fighter in the world!!!!!' might decrease below 0 as many would probably disagree
vice versa for negative reps

well perhaps allowing thumbs up/down to change the value of the rep by a whole point might be too much and lead to even more rep spamming - the usual notation 'x of y members found this rep appropriate' might be better, allowing you to look for the most agreed on comments
the ratio of agreeing/disagreeing members could then create the actual rep value

so if blue gave silva +2 rep for all his awesome hex achievements and 50 of 100 members agree with that it would amount to a total of +1
and as we all know normal users can only give +1 the usual rep values would range btw 0 and 1 (-1 for negative rep) depending on how many ppl agree
Thanks given by: Gespenst
(04-19-2012, 06:31 PM)YinYin Wrote:  it is of course
i will double quote myself just for you
ohhh how sweet of you.
whilst I totally agree with you and your solution mentioned, it's not quite that easy. I actually once tried to build a mybb-plugin and failed, same with the actual forum I was trying to build up at that time.
Point being, I can't really see Blue or Razen to have enough time, nor can I see them actually accept help in that matter. I remember Razen once giving me access to the admin panel, Blue found out and well it wasn't pretty, I am still having nightmares about it.
However after reading your post, I searched for such mybb plugins and came across another term worth mentioning: "Rep-moderators". Has that been discussed already?
I personally see more sense in volunteering for something like that than the actual mod job. It's an unknown, probably more interesting topic and besides that you have a clean area of "power", people can't frame you for anything else you are actually capable of.

[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
well I also pushed the [ code=dc][/code] about 5 times until with combined effort it finally got implemented
i know exactly why this isn't implemented, but BPs post sounded so positive

edit: also to me the job of a rep moderator sounds extremely boring - unless there is someone with a gossip fetish who is looking through any and every rep ever given on a forum anyway (+ able to judge and actually tidy things) i see no future for that
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2012, 06:58 PM)The Lost Global Mod Wrote:  
(04-19-2012, 06:31 PM)YinYin Wrote:  it is of course
i will double quote myself just for you
ohhh how sweet of you.
whilst I totally agree with you and your solution mentioned, it's not quite that easy. I actually once tried to build a mybb-plugin and failed, same with the actual forum I was trying to build up at that time.
Point being, I can't really see Blue or Razen to have enough time, nor can I see them actually accept help in that matter. I remember Razen once giving me access to the admin panel, Blue found out and well it wasn't pretty, I am still having nightmares about it.
However after reading your post, I searched for such mybb plugins and came across another term worth mentioning: "Rep-moderators". Has that been discussed already?
I personally see more sense in volunteering for something like that than the actual mod job. It's an unknown, probably more interesting topic and besides that you have a clean area of "power", people can't frame you for anything else you are actually capable of.

you have my support

(04-19-2012, 07:07 PM)YinYin Wrote:  well I also pushed the [ code=dc][/code] about 5 times until with combined effort it finally got implemented
i know exactly why this isn't implemented, but BPs post sounded so positive

edit: also to me the job of a rep moderator sounds extremely boring - unless there is someone with a gossip fetish who is looking through any and every rep ever given on a forum anyway (+ able to judge and actually tidy things) i see no future for that

youll get job with me if youll be rep mod :DDD
Useful
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2012, 06:01 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  i remember, when sonic boom revamped my sprite and gave him neutral for copy paste hairs.
OH I think the reputation system was disabled in 2011 and U joined at 2012. are u sure this is the truth or...... :)

in my opinion I think it should stay disabled.

[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
Well, one thing for sure, the rep system can change the emotions of us. When we got:
+1 >> Hurray! I'm a genius. I'm awesome. Blablabla
-1 >> I will never appear in LFE again...
This place motivates me to become an artist, this place motivates me to learn coding, this place made me grow up, showed me the ways to interact with people. Unlike the old childish of me myself, I've learned a lot and gotten some experiences. For me, it's not just a fan forum, it's a helpful community. From a noob to someone who would think before he speaks, looking back at my old post made me laugh hard, I'm grateful of the differences between these 2 years.
~Thank You All and Farewell
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by:
EXG9 Wrote:i remember, when sonic boom revamped my sprite and gave him neutral for copy paste hairs.
then he asked me, why?
i said that he should learn his lesson and he learned his lesson.

so you rated a newcomer for using your sprites hair as a base?? your even noober than i thought.. he still learning and you -1 him?? mono ur a plain idiot

see admins thats why we cant have the rep system back.. a new guy comes here wants to learn spriting its typical he will c&p at the start.. even i did but some douche gives him neutral for still being a beginner..
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by: Angel_Adam , Sonic Boom , Marko pro
anyone ever thought about a rep system without "-" rep?
Thanks given by: Sonic Boom , koori , Dr. Time
(04-20-2012, 09:48 AM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  anyone ever thought about a rep system without "-" rep?
Yes
(04-19-2012, 03:24 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Plainly disallowing negative reps would seem to solve that kind of issue but really, it does not. It's as if you're revolting against a dictator by kissing his boots. Or something similar. At least, it defeats the point of a reputation-system.

I think think this is useless too.Neutral rep will not be appreciated by members,as ti is the same with giving negative ones.
Thanks given by: