Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus Christ- Optical illusion.
I heard my friends talking about this illusion of jesus christ. (Best result when viewed in white theme (MyBB default) )

Procedure: Stare at the four dots in the centre of the image for about 30-60 seconds. Then close your eyes. Look at something bright. You will see a white circle with jesus christ's face inside it. When u are near to visualise the image completely. try shaking ur head up and down slightly to see the image more clearly. The image comes again and again for about 3 minutes. Dont know how the colour inversion (White to black and vice-versa worked or interpreted by brain). Worth thinking imo.

[Image: jesus5zk.gif]
Thanks given by: professional DCer , LutiChris
wow! it's Amazing.
Life is like a bicycle; to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Thanks given by:
wow cool
i can see that
haahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha..........

Need more ppl who can sprite backgrounds and weapons
Our TLOK Mod Site: http://legendofkorralf2.shivtr.com/
Thanks given by:
lolol, I know the inversion thing (afterimage), but using it to make illusion is an awesome idea

I think when it's bright the retinal cells will eventually become less sensitive and vice-versa (they adapt too, not only the pupil). Thus, when you focus of the dots, some of the cells receive the white color (which is bright, so they become less sensitive), and some of them receive the black color (so they becomes more sensitive). Then, when you look to another place, the cells that saw the white color will see darker colors because they are now less sensitive, while the cells that saw the black color will see brighter colors because they are now more sensitive.

it happens when you move from dark place to a bright place, since your eyes have become sensitive to light, it seems brighter than it usually is
TEMPE
Thanks given by: Marko pro
the white thing acts as if it is hair
haahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha..........

Need more ppl who can sprite backgrounds and weapons
Our TLOK Mod Site: http://legendofkorralf2.shivtr.com/
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2012, 08:10 AM)Kevin Wrote:  I think when it's bright the retinal cells will eventually become less sensitive and vice-versa (they adapt too, not only the pupil). Thus, when you focus of the dots, some of the cells receive the white color (which is bright, so they become less sensitive), and some of them receive the black color (so they becomes more sensitive). Then, when you look to another place, the cells that saw the white color will see darker colors because they are now less sensitive, while the cells that saw the black color will see brighter colors because they are now more sensitive.

it happens when you move from dark place to a bright place, since your eyes have become sensitive to light, it seems brighter than it usually is
Thank you so much, it makes more sense now.

(06-05-2012, 02:12 PM)Kashif Wrote:  the white thing acts as if it is hair

Not in most of the case. It also describes the nose and some part of eyes.
Thanks given by: