Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moderation in this forum.
@simon
You and all other moderators should use as simple english as possible when communicating/warning, only when you notice that they are good in english.Example: you have said "This is the last verbal warning", i doubt if he/she will really understand this. They would say "what the hell is "verbal warning" that he is mentioning". Probability you should say: This is the last time i tell you not to post ..... next time i will give a warning to you. Maybe for you is hard to notice which word may be "easy" and which one "hard" as you speak english everyday, but you should try.

Communicating and teaching newcomers is the best way of avoiding trash and nonsense posts, i think.

Simoneon edited this post 06-08-2012 06:40 AM because:
That is a neat nice idea, indeed. But it will be very hard!
Thanks given by: Gespenst , qwertz143
---Please forgive if i repeat ideas what others have said, I am only summing up my thoughts-------

Its nothing that can be done while registering. Some people register just for spamming eg. former BlacOps guys. Others are sincere and or not of much disturbance to the community.

Little Fighter is more popular among younger people around say 12-16 ( or even plus , doesnt matter). So it is highly possible that kids stumble upon this forum. Kids who are not very matured (maybe) in their behaviours. So, we cant expect them to behave. Also, some guys are just insane, very bad with communications, speaking manners, understanding capacity ( a very natural habits of human).

Rules are only meant for formal purpose. People who have read the rules and know it by heart, raise your hands. To be honest, i havent read it completely/ forgot it. Yet, i was only issued warnings only for 2-3 times my whole life time in LFE. So, doesnt matter. You can't incorporate this method of "Go read teh rules and behave accordingly".

Moderators meant to maintain discipline in-forums. Elected(nominated mostly) for that purpose (correct me if i am wrong). I agree with BP in most of the points. Everyone must.

"Internet is a lie" (Words of snomin), so you can possibly expect a kid of 12 years join LFE by giving his age as (16+ or 18+ but most of the time they can be picked out but sometimes people who are more matured for their age cant be picked out). And for the worst case poeple of age 17+ have less maturity. Cant help them. So its really hard to distinguish sometimes. Need to act accordingly and wisely.

What actually YinYin said is, any users (understanding and sensible) can help them understand the way of behaving in an online community (Not by make tutorials ofcourse -_-) by requesting them to elaborate what they say. Actually this is why most of the post are short, they think "WOW, THE ARMS ARE NICE, FACE BEAUTIFUL, HIS CHAIN MAIL ARMOR PWNSOME SHADED PROPERLY" and just say "Nice drawing". See the communication. And what the threads author feels "Ah, this guy sees the awesomeness of our art work"(inner dialogue). So, YinYin is right. This is why mods are mods. Moderate the forum. Moderate where they feel moderation and with a right attitude of not hurting the poster, understanding the position of poster, Explain the stuffs as YinYin pointed out. This can be mostly done by non-mods (But mostly in-effective cause it dont gather attention).

Think of what are the stuffs i have told to get a clear picture, or just ignore this. I just consider it as ignoring apple of Eden (joke).

--Just my thoughts with the subject---
Thanks given by: Gespenst , Jahvansi
(06-08-2012, 02:27 PM)Men'Mine Wrote:  Its nothing that can be done while registering. Some people register just for spamming eg. former BlacOps guys. Others are sincere and or not of much disturbance to the community.
What do you mean "just for spamming"? I think nobody came here just for spamming and damaging the forum. The problem is that people has too low skills to express something inside a post, eg. BlackOps guys.

(06-08-2012, 02:27 PM)Men'Mine Wrote:  What actually YinYin said is, any users (understanding and sens ible) can help them understand the way of behaving in an online community (Not by make tutorials ofcourse -_-) by requesting them to elaborate what they say. Actually this is why most of the post are short, they think "WOW, THE ARMS ARE NICE, FACE BEAUTIFUL, HIS CHAIN MAIL ARMOR PWNSOME SHADED PROPERLY" and just say "Nice drawing". See the communication. And what the threads author feels "Ah, this guy sees the awesomeness of our art work"(inner dialogue). So, YinYin is right.

You may have noticed that i don't post comments in sprite threads. I don't feel to say "WOW, THE ARMS ARE NICE, FACE BEAUTIFUL, HIS CHAIN MAIL ARMOR PWNSOME SHADED PROPERLY", when i can say "everything is great". Sometime using a lot of words is useless.I get bored when i write such unnecessary words. This thing is too relative. If 30 members would comment the same sprite which is great they would use the same words, which would become very boring. So even with 1 or with many words it would be the same. There is no rule to disallow a lot of comments.
The problem that i see is between creator of sprite (or sth else) and person who comment:
Guy who comment says "nice" because he like everything in it.
Guy who created stuff thinks "he haven't noticed all of details, probability there are bad sides but he havent noticed".

It's hard to choose but i stay in adding more words side.
Thanks given by:
@Me'n'Mine:
You sir are my hero, you saved me a lot of trouble ;D
exactly my opinion.

I'm one who has seen both sides and personally i was always the one who tried to be the newbie friendliest stone in the occasional rage-storm ("Kill them all, for spamming RAWR")
Well anyways even i swayed a lot. Just recently I looked at my posts from back then, both as normal member and as moderator. I was so innocent back then, my intentions pure. But look what i have become, a foolish man who tries to get away from the impossible. I have made many mistakes in the past.

What i want to say with this is that even the ones who stay close to being newbie friendly can get corrupted.
So in all honesty, somin is the best global moderator I know, he is the only one i personally can entrust this forum with.

@Somin: At the beginning i tried to give you tips and hints, but soon I realized that you don't need them at all. I felt worthless at that time, but now I am happy about it.
So one last sentence for you, see it as an advice from an friend:
"Trust in yourself, when in doubt trust even more."

Keep that in mind, if it is not enough look at this foolish lost global moderators posts/mod actions and if at least some of them seem bad to you, then you are still on the right path!

P.S: I drifted off too far from the topic :S

Simoneon edited this post 06-08-2012 04:16 PM because:
Haha, man. If you are being honest - very sincere thanks, but if you're just wheedle-ing (?), then f*** off :D
I don't see myself any good, maybe just honest and not ignorant - I try answering every (even dumb) question that is being thrown at me. I don't want to call any examples, but I remember, when I joined these forums, and PMed one of the Globals, he didn't respond, and when I tried again, he told me to f*** off. Not that I care, just I want this behavior to be opposite on me.
Anyhow, the best Global Mod in my eyes is Cirno/Yakui/whatever. He cared, he was strict but wise. That is how I remember him. If anyone is still communicating with him - tell him he's my hero, lol.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: Gespenst , qwertz143
(06-07-2012, 03:14 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  Maybe for you is hard to notice which word may be "easy" and which one "hard" as you speak english everyday, but you should try.
let's try[5]

Azriel~
Thanks given by: MnM , Kashif , qwertz143 , Jahvansi
phil Wrote:somin is the best global moderator I know
I share the same opinion.i don't know about yakui, because i havent been in forum in that time,so somin is the best for me.

simon Wrote:Anyhow, the best Global Mod in my eyes is Cirno/Yakui/whatever. He cared, he was strict but wise. That is how I remember him. If anyone is still communicating with him - tell him he's my hero, lol.
Then talk with his brother Marshall. (as far as i know he's marshall's brother).

(06-08-2012, 10:28 PM)Azriel Wrote:  hi, welcome to the forum.

if the rules are hard to understand, here are some easier ones:
  1. Only use English to post.
  2. Don't post in very old threads.
  3. Don't post things that are not useful.
  4. Don't be rude to other people.
  5. Don't make another forum account.
rule 3 is the one that you may break without wanting to (if you don't know what a useful post is). in a way, it means don't post things like:
  • "you are funny"
  • "i like ____ more than ____" (the blanks can be anything)

avoid Underlined, and keep Italics. Other part are great I think.

Simoneon edited this post 06-09-2012 12:19 PM because:
I think they're metaphorical brothers :p
Thanks given by:
Quote:somin
Quote:simon
Quote:snomin
Quote:simoneon
are these the same people, or different people or are these just typos? really im starting to get confused :P

Simoneon edited this post 06-09-2012 11:52 AM because:
It's me, lol
[Image: Blaze340.gif]
Thanks given by: Alblaka
(06-09-2012, 11:44 AM)qwertz143 Wrote:  
Quote:somin
Quote:simon
Quote:snomin
Quote:simoneon
are these the same people, or different people or are these just typos? really im starting to get confused :P

its same person.
Useful
Thanks given by:
This is awkward. I've been missing out, haven't I? You'd think that I, as the moderator of this forum would keep a keen eye on it, but apparently I haven't these last days. Miiight have something to do with my internet dying, but anyway.

Having read the thread, I recognize the problem, even if it is more common in some of the other sub-forums. It is a problem I've been thinking about, at least a bit. What is bad and what is good? What can be considered spam? My approach has been to judge each post on its own, as a post without contex is meaningless.

Anyway, too bad I'm late to the thread, I can't really add much to the discussion. I do however agree with Me'n'Mine. He said what was on my mind before I got to it.
| Metaknight | G-types | Bottle Skinz | Companion Cube | Art Gallery |
"Do not grieve, it is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."
- Mr. Spock
"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken"
- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
Thanks given by: