Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Character: Vegeta (revamp)
I'm always being warned for gravedigging Twisted

Some updates
Vegeta - Explosive Wave (Click to View)

SS2 Vegeta - Big Bang Attack (Click to View)

SS2 Vegeta - Infinite Break (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak , prince_freeza , A-Man
heh great job man! too bad its nothing new to me coz I downloaded that mod of yours :) keep it up
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by: bashscrazy
Haha yeah, I played it too and shared it with some friends. I really loved what you did with the game. I wrote you a small feedback on your blog, but I accidentally closed the tab and got lazy rewriting another one :P (will do though)
The counter move is great, but I figured SSJ0 vegeta won't be used much. I mean, while I was playing against Vegeto, only way I would survive was by going SSJ2 straight away. I don't know, but you really should do something to encourage using SSJ0 and SSJ1 vegeta.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

I like it a lot, as vegeta is my fav. dragon ball z character :D
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 03:42 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  Haha yeah, I played it too and shared it with some friends. I really loved what you did with the game. I wrote you a small feedback on your blog, but I accidentally closed the tab and got lazy rewriting another one :P (will do though)
The counter move is great, but I figured SSJ0 vegeta won't be used much. I mean, while I was playing against Vegeto, only way I would survive was by going SSJ2 straight away. I don't know, but you really should do something to encourage using SSJ0 and SSJ1 vegeta.

Thanks!
and yeah, well that's because Vegito is UBER! When more characters come that are in Vegeta's level range, There would be more use for his normal and SS form. I am also working on Majin Vegeta, in fact he's almost done. Just need to make final explosion and add some combos maybe. Majin will be similar strength to SS2 Vegeta though, only thing is once you transform you can't change back.

But yeah, Vegito is supposed to be one of the strongest characters, so it is hard to beat him. Other forms of Vegeta can be used against other future characters without as much trouble!
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 03:05 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  

That is a monstrous explosion for such a tiny projectile. For the record, I am imagining the front part being the actual damaging thing and the rest being some sort of trail. And going from there to a Julian-exp seems like overkill and unfitting. A new explosion-sequence would be better, imo.

I like the rest, though. Keep it up!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
I say add a bit yellow electric like particles in explosive wave. It looks a bit lame now.
Good to see progress ;)
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 04:06 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  
(07-09-2014, 03:05 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  

That is a monstrous explosion for such a tiny projectile. For the record, I am imagining the front part being the actual damaging thing and the rest being some sort of trail. And going from there to a Julian-exp seems like overkill and unfitting. A new explosion-sequence would be better, imo.

I like the rest, though. Keep it up!

heh!
Not as big as this (Click to View)
And thanks :)

(07-09-2014, 04:14 PM)davis60 Wrote:  I say add a bit yellow electric like particles in explosive wave. It looks a bit lame now.
Good to see progress ;)

I guess I can add a bit of blue lines or some shiiii~
This is where the move came from
I just added an aura cause that's what happened in the anime xD
Thanks given by: A-Man
If you want to stick to the anime, you're missing light-blue blasts around Vegeta in your attack.
Why don't you add few random light struggles around?
Thanks given by:
Okay. Feedback time (and I am bored).
Vegeta SSJ0:
-Basics are perfect. His attacks vary a lot which is good. Seems like you've made a mistake keying D^A into some frame in the middle of D>AJ move; He shoots multiple projectiles instantly losing no MP at all.

-His DvJ catching move looks good, but its current combination makes it capable of getting really spammy and somewhat overpowered. One can just win spamming that over and over. I'd suggest you leave that as a move for catching only, or try to get more keys to have the combination a bit more complex to balance it. Another solution would be to somehow let the target have a chance to get away somehow (maybe timing D with the blast would let you teleport away?).

-Where did his extra basic combo go? (the AAAJAJ..etc) Is it still there, because it seems I am unable to do it ?_?. I am also missing some other attacks which were present in the older version of Vegeta.

-Other stuff are just perfect that you couldn't have made them better IMO :P.

SSJ1 Vegeta:
-His D>J looks SPECTACULAR! But it feels a bit useless as it is very easy to dodge. What I think is that you should start basing your moves to be more combo-able; NOT in a pre-scripted. For instance, you could've made the D>J's explosion launch the opponent a bit upwards to give a chance for a dash attack or something.

-His DVJ (I think. I mean that Kamehameha-like move) is really boring. It's just a normal beam that takes a long time to charge and knocks the opponent straight into the ground. I am not sure about what you could've done, but I think Vegeta's moveset shouldn't COMPLETELY change when he goes SSJ or something.

-His AAAJAJ(#$*&%.. =(.

SSJ2 Vegeta:
-Amazing electricity effects there :P.

-His DvJ (Infinite Break) suffers from what SSJ0's DvJ's does. Also, dude, I totally support the idea of giving Vegeta more melee moves (since he lacks them), but pre-scripted ones spoil the experience IMO.

-I liked the Big Bang attack :P.

-AAAJAKSDJALSKD missing again =(.

Vegeta Overall:
-Try to give him more direction based attacks. Just straight forward beams can get really boring and make the gamepplay cheap. I suggest punches and kicks which knocks in a certain direction; it shouldn't catch, nor automatically combo with a blast or something; something like Davis' DvA.

-Consider adding new ki blasts and energy attack which are directed to an angle upwards.

Vegeto:
He is pretty good over all (and I am tired of typing).

I just wanted to say that I liked the level system, and how you're actually staying true to the anime/manga. The counters are pretty good too, and I really loved the charging mechanic that I'd prefer that over actual holding of the buttons. Not to forget to mention how I loved how you made the energy balls chase a bit.

Keep this up!
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout